ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Path of the master support group.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Path of the master support group. Reply with quote

How far are you? How angry are you? Why are we even bothering?

I finished my essence farming yesterday morning and played about halfway through ch on path of the Master. Other than ridiculous battles with endless shuriken ninja in rooms that make closets look huge, I've been doing good. I've found a couple annoying spots that you can avoid if you choose simply by triggering the enemies appearance and then leaving and they disappear.

1-Chapter 1 When you wall jump up the brick shaft into the clearing with the bridge, there is a group of a bunch of incendiary ninjas and wizards. You are getting tagged with shuriken before you even hit the ground ussually and it's very cheap. Trigger the fight then go back down and move back until the save point right by the shaft lights up again and way when you go back they left!!

2- Chapter 3 just after you have the tedious fight with all the bats and are about to climb across the rope where the explosive arrows ninja are, trigger the arrow guys to come out then jump back down by the save point and go back then they are gone!!

For my first run though on Master in avoiding certain agitating fights that are gonna cost me more essence in healing than I'd make out of it.

Any other tips to swap??

Myself I'm only going to level the DS(have it at 3 on level1), the Eclipse Scythe and the Dual Swords or Lunar. Depending on how much cash I have.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Rubix42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it works on Master Ninja (still need to beat Mentor), but on Mentor, the tower guards that fire rockets at you in Chapter 2 will disappear if you run back to the last save and go through again.

Same with the rod of trials area, if you run back to the save point as soon as you see the enemies appear, you go back, and they are gone. It does mean you don't get to do the tests of valor though.
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'll worry about the test of valor on master ninja on my second play through. That area on Master Ninja isn't bad though. It's an open area with just wizards and some of the dreaded shuriken fatherless child.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a weapon tip, I'm having trouble in Chapter 3 with the dragon demons on Mentor. Currently I have a level 3 Lunar staff, and enough money to upgrade the DS or talons to level 2. What is the safest way to take them out? I've mostly been pulling a quick XXY with the Lunar to shatter limbs and pull an OT off, but I still seem to take a bit too much damage.
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the DS lvl3. I use multi swallow to soften up a group a bit then I separate them as mush as I can and finish them off with X Y OLC lvl 1. If you hit with X Y it'll stun them long enough to charge up the UT without essence. The worst part of Chapter 3 is just before the boss when you have to fight like 10 of the wingless ones and 5 or so of the fire spamming winged ones in a really tight hallway where you can't see anything until it's already hit you. Try not to use all your nimpo so you can have some for the stupid cheap worst boss ever to cover yourself when he launches his little spirits while shooting at you. What was TM thinking on that part? You can't consistantly hit them out of the air while dodging. The only melee that works well on them is Y Y with the lunar that I've found.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YY with lunar kills all little flying annoyances perfectly. I won't open a chest without having it equipped, and each time I do open, I immediately hit YY just in case of fish/bats/etc.

I was already thinking about restarting and farming for essence in level 1 so I could have enough to max weapons, maybe I'll do that after all. Sounds like level 3 DS is the best option.
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y Y is great when your standing against the 3rd boss. My problem is when you have to circle around him dashing and jumping to avoid his blasts and they catch you in the air.
Randy 19
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master mode is very cheap, Iam very dissapointed, itagaky fvck this master mode. Master Mode of Ninja Gaiden Black was awesome but this is very cheap, not fair. Cry Baby Mad

sorry my english is very bad Embarassed
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy 19 wrote:
The master mode is very cheap, Iam very dissapointed, itagaky fvck this master mode. Master Mode of Ninja Gaiden Black was awesome but this is very cheap, not fair. Cry Baby Mad

sorry my english is very bad Embarassed

Yep... Bad experiences with fire archers. But after I got lvl2 claws in chapter 3 (was deciding between upgrade or items as my inventory was empty) The MNM got 10x easier... But no way its easy in a whole. Just compared to first two chapters.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished Chapter 6 on MNM. Have fun with the big stupid boss mid boss. I'd recommend killing all the little guys first. The biggest culprit here is the camera. I can't believe how bad it is in this game sometimes. It just kept looking at the wall beside me. Didn't matter if I manually adjusted or what. As soon as I'd move, back into the wall. Anyway after you get rid of the little guys he's a joke. Just wait for him to eat bones and then run up and do a couple quick combos on his tail. As long as the camera doesn't stick you when he starts kicking bones around, you'll be good from there.
Rubix42
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a hand with basic strategy on Lyncanthropes/large fiends.

My bread and butter has been the lunar/claws flying Izuna drops. I worked Lunar pretty much exclusively through Chapter 3/4 on the fiends, using the (circle+Y) UT for max damage.

The lycanthropes are giving me fits. Do I need to switch to the DS or DC/TF for them, or is there some combos with lunar/claws that are effective?
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS. XXY. Usually removes a limb, then you can OT. I spam that out all the time to thin out big groups of larger fiends.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly the werewolves are the easiest enemy IMO. I use lvl3 DCTF and spamming spam UTs. It'll kill at least 2 every time. Rinse and repeat till they are gone and also it gives you quite a bit of essence.
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
Honestly the werewolves are the easiest enemy IMO. I use lvl3 DCTF and spamming spam UTs. It'll kill at least 2 every time. Rinse and repeat till they are gone and also it gives you quite a bit of essence.

I used lvl 1 Kusari-gama's UT on werewolfs and it kills 2 wolfs with 90% success rate. Sometimes it kills 4 at the same time. But 2 is the usual and 2-3 other wolfs lose a limb.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't have access to my computer for the last day, I'm almost through Chapter 6 now (just got to the ToV) and I've been using the Lunar's XXY combo with great success, almost always rips off an arm. Once I get one essence though, it's the spinning UT. Even if only the last swing hits, it's a guaranteed kill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: