ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Big Update on Features!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

And letís just say that your weapon of choice is the scythe now iv personally never used the scythe at level 2 once iv landed on the flying fortress i upgrade the scythe to max and now im going to have to get through the game with a level 2 weapons just to continue with another level 2 weapon,

I completely agree with you mohsin. By the time I get weapons later on, I tend to just max them out and play with them. I have enough karma by then. I have used weapons on level 2 but they aren't as good as when they are on level 3. Like the tonfas. I just fully upgraded them because they are so weak on a lower level.
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
wow thanx Primeval_Demon

this weapon upgrade business is another stupid thing to come out!
What the hell! I think most new NG players will stick to one weapon throughout the first run of the game, i know i did when i first played NG2 and now people are just going to be forced to play with one un-upgradable weapon and when they say
ďTrue it encourages you to experiment with different bladesĒ
Thatís not true when you know that you only got one weapon to upgrade then you might as well get comfortable with your weapon of choice and then once you have upgraded it is there any point in going back to a lower levelled weapon

And letís just say that your weapon of choice is the scythe now iv personally never used the scythe at level 2 once iv landed on the flying fortress i upgrade the scythe to max and now im going to have to get through the game with a level 2 weapons just to continue with another level 2 weapon,

I canít see any good coming from this, it just seems like a cheap way of making the game harder and that harder by fault not harder by design, and this does not make Ryu cooler

I seen what Sath has said about people harvesting but if thatís the reason for them doing this thing with the weapon upgrades wouldnít it just be better to get rid of the harvesting points, because you can still harvest essence and keep them for later

If they were going to put a limit on the upgrades they should have done something like
You have to have 500 kills on a weapon before you can upgrade it
Not you canít upgrade it because Muramasas getting too old and he doesnít feel like it any more

So you don't like the way NG1 did it?

And in fact, this is forcing weapon updates into the design of the game...making the difficulty as part of the design, instead of allowing you to do whatever and letting the difficulty fluctuate.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by mohsin117 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
mohsin117 wrote:

I completely agree with you mohsin. By the time I get weapons later on, I tend to just max them out and play with them. I have enough karma by then. I have used weapons on level 2 but they aren't as good as when they are on level 3. Like the tonfas. I just fully upgraded them because they are so weak on a lower level.

Exactly. And upgrading the Scythe to level 3 at the start of the flying fortress doesnít even involve harvesting essence earlier on in the game

This is what i think is going to happen:

a new NG player is going to start the game on the Acolyte setting and he going to fight his way through with the dragon sword not spending any essence cos he's goings to need it late on so he finally get s the True Dragon and then and then he fight through collecting more essence to upgrade the Scythe, and finishes the game with only the True Dragon sword and the Scythe and the Blade of the Arch Fiend fully upgraded despite having enough money to upgrade several other weapons (and True Dragon and Blade of the Arch Find you get fee any way).

And now he starts Warrior and plays the entire game with only the True Dragon and the Scythe and Blade of the Arch Fiend and along the way he upgrades the Claws and the Luna, now in Mentor he uses only the Scythe and upgrades nothing cos he's spending all he's money on items.

And i fear that the game won't include successive play on the same difficulty so heís going o have to play everything again to upgrade all the weapons so he'll be able to use them upgraded in all the mission modes and stuff

Iv probably blown it a bit out of proportion but itís still seem unnecessary, and again they've fixed something that didn't need fixing

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

So you don't like the way NG1 did it?

And in fact, this is forcing weapon updates into the design of the game...making the difficulty as part of the design, instead of allowing you to do whatever and letting the difficulty fluctuate.

No i didnít like the way NG1 did it. im guessing others didnít as well thatís why they changed it and changed it for the better in NG2.
there were no complaints when it was changed in NG2 and now that theyíve gone back there are so obviously people arenít liking it even if it is just me.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found any scans but I have found where you can get scans.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&message.id=1549278

Ask the guy with the review list and he will send them to you. The page with the Ryuken is page 60.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scan http://7.imagebam.com/dl.php?ID=47420093&sec=a9f1e5495c4f49eb45923ddbbcb2ad91

Ashtar looks great!
I see they removed the bone pieces from the arms in this one, I like it.
Ashtar reminds me like a demon was born from a exploding volcano, great stuff.

Too bad they didn't showed the white downloadable outfit as in-game design, would really liked to see it.

Rachel...sucks as usual.
Only hairstyles and not even hair color, and with the same outfit Confused
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I forgot to mention, you won't be forced to use Rachel's gun. Even though they are making you use her.

I've pm'd that guy to try and get scans but don't know when I'll get a reply.

Is there anything else you want to see sath?
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Scan http://7.imagebam.com/dl.php?ID=47420093&sec=a9f1e5495c4f49eb45923ddbbcb2ad91

Ashtar looks great!
I see they removed the bone pieces from the arms in this one, I like it.
Ashtar reminds me like a demon was born from a exploding volcano, great stuff.

Too bad they didn't showed the white downloadable outfit as in-game design, would really liked to see it.

Rachel...sucks as usual.
Only hairstyles and not even hair color, and with the same outfit Confused
They removed bones? What bones, Sath?

I think Momji's default uniform looks odd. I'll be exclusively using the second. I wish it had the head piece from DS.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No tests of valor? I smell DLC's there (they're confirmed too).

Btw Sath, that link doesn't work.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bones on the arms

About the link, it worked, but it seems it doesnt anymore.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works now for me. Copy the URL to your browser since hot linking isn't allowed.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSX2 wrote:
No tests of valor? I smell DLC's there (they're confirmed too).

I was gobsmacked to hear no T.O.V. But now that I think about it, its not the first time Hayashi has said something is "definitive" only for things to be missing.

He said Sigma was the "complete" version of NG1 since announcement. Then he removes the classic games and two costumes! I don't call that complete. And it sounds no different here.

No T.O.V = Not definitive!
barrage23
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's test of valor? I don't have a 360 so I didn't play gaiden II but what is it? just curious.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrage23 wrote:
what's test of valor? I don't have a 360 so I didn't play gaiden II but what is it? just curious.

The tests of valor are similar to the fiend challenges. Except they are glowing rings and when you enter your transported to an arena.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrage23 wrote:
Its basically like a mission where your but up against lodes of enemies to prove your ninja manlyness, they can be found during the single player campaign and if you survive all the enemies you get things like Talisman of Rebirth, life of the gods, jewel of the devil and the other one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: