ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 2 Ad...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
No wonder they've almost went bankrupt...

They didn't, mergers just happen nowadays with rising development costs. Namco and Bandai weren't in hot water when they decided to merge, neither did Activision or Blizzard and so forth.

Bear in mind that Tecmo was about a quarter the size of publishers like Capcom or Konami (Konami is bigger because they own a series of gyms), so thing can get a bit hectic cash flow wise nowadays. Also, DOA's boom into a wider audience didn't happen until the turn of the century, not in the 90's and almost exclusively on the Xbox.

I'm aware that DOA2 was released in 99 in the arcades, but the game didn't do very well compared to TTT or Capcom's games.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:

But that's DOA. Ninja Gaiden has never been about this kind of stuff. It's not a valid comparison by any means.

Only because this is the first time we're seeing 3 playable characters in the series, that's all. Otherwise, T&A has been in the modern NG from day one. Rachel and Ayane weren't exactly dressed like nuns in the cutscenes, and neither was that tranny Sonya.

Hell, even the cat fiends had tits for God's sake.

I don't think it's necessary, nor do I care for the bounce action but that's TN for you. No way around it, and frankly, I don't care since the games play better than any action game out there.
greiver829
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: greiver0829 PSN:greiver829

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing is that the TNA action will draw people to the series. But once they start to play it and see you might die 100 times(indomitable spirit) they won't play it. Is that the crowd they are aiming for? Its not fair to those who truly play the series regardless of bouncing tits. They probably focused more on the titi bouncing than the reward for MNM. Come on now a gold health bar( still hoping its the one from NG2 Smile ) Team Ninja needs to think of its real fanbase.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tecmo needs to think about its needs as a business. Regardless, the core combat remains there and unchanged. Focus on that and let them do what they feel will drive up sales a bit more. They get money, you continue to get games.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it still ninja gaiden at heart I'm cool with that.
But come on. A GOLD health bar. It couldn't be a new costume?
BlackNinja9
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greiver829 wrote:
My thing is that the TNA action will draw people to the series. But once they start to play it and see you might die 100 times(indomitable spirit) they won't play it. Is that the crowd they are aiming for? Its not fair to those who truly play the series regardless of bouncing tits. They probably focused more on the titi bouncing than the reward for MNM. Come on now a gold health bar( still hoping its the one from NG2 Smile ) Team Ninja needs to think of its real fanbase.

You have a valid point but if you listen to your fanbase too much you risk alienating those who aren't on the bandwagon. For example, Namco (omg he said another company Embarassed) joined up with Tapout clothing so that you can customize your characters with it. Like Raven going into battle with a Tapout t-shirt or hat (anything to fix that damn Sisqo haircut Confused 1st real black guy as a ninja and they f@#k him like that Evil ).

Anyway I saying that b/c Namco is tryn to get MMA fans to buy Tekken and Tapout is getting Tekken fans to buy their clothes. Tecmo is bringin in more chicks so more women can play (unless they like starin at Ryu's butt in the leather) but still keeping the TNA so the guys don't think their making NG girly. So in a sense they are staying true to their fanbase its just hidden behind the tits. Laughing

And lastly Ninja Gaiden is hard as F%$K!!! Been that way since the NES day (the arcade game's continue screen still messes with). So the average smuck might buy it cus "she kicks high" like the DOA3 ad but all the real people want those "I beat Master Ninja and you didn't" bragging right.
greiver829
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy. Point taken. I'm just a little pissed that the only thing we get for completing master ninja mode is freaking gold health bar
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get the Ryuken when completing Master Ninja, that'll be a worth while reward for me. Still an avatar would be cool like 360.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gold bar is a better reward to me than a costume for a couple reasons. First, I don't like most costumes they throw in for Hayabusa. Ashtar is about it. Second, it's all about bragging rights. You know what the best reward I got in NG2 on the 360 was? My gamerpic for beating MN. I'm still using it to this day and it's been more than a year.

You beat it for the sense of accomplishment, not to play dress-up with our favorite Super Ninja.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing How about the suit, the bar, and the avatar. Why not throw in a new level, weapon, character or a trip to japan so I can meet team ninja personally and ask them WHY IN THE HELL is master ninja so hard! Just sayn
neoryu
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
The gold bar is a better reward to me than a costume for a couple reasons. First, I don't like most costumes they throw in for Hayabusa. Ashtar is about it. Second, it's all about bragging rights. You know what the best reward I got in NG2 on the 360 was? My gamerpic for beating MN. I'm still using it to this day and it's been more than a year.

You beat it for the sense of accomplishment, not to play dress-up with our favorite Super Ninja.

Man, what is with you always saying what my thoughts are before I get say them. Smile

Though I did feel the Classic Ryu reward for NGB's Very Hard and the Tribal Spirit skin for NG2's MN were great symbols of accomplishment and status, nothing compared to that getting that gamerpic.

Best reward this gen in my opinion.
rytango
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dressing your avatar, dressing your health bar, dressing Ryu. Whatever. Razz
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoryu wrote:
Man, what is with you always saying what my thoughts are before I get say them. Smile

It's because I'm psychic. I actually don't have any connections at all. I find things out and get access to things because I READ THEIR fvck MINDS!
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

posted on facebook:

Live Action Ryu Hayabusa

Live Action Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden II documentary for the the XBOX game. Performers: D.Y. Sao and Master Stephen Hayes. by P3 Entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VsNeJCwnhQ&feature=player_embedded#t=194
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vengeance TV ad
http://zh-tw.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=145814287142
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: