ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Previews & Reviews
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a NG game they have ALWAYS said "fixed camera"...yes even your precious Itagaki.
In games like this with its speed, levels, manual camera movement camera will always be a problem. I rather have a camera like NG than GOW for example.

The only reason I don't like the camera in NG2 is because the hordes of ninjas and their projectiles and tight level spots, it was VERY bad.

But in NG1 it was never a problem to me, I always was ready for that "center camera" button at all times, just like any other NG pro.
So the button is a tool use it alot.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAMEINFORMER wrote:
itís reasonable to assume she will have even more unique weapons and more moves to accommodate them

what are we thinking about this comment? Im thinking no, the girls wonít be getting any more weapons

GAMEINFORMER wrote:
Make no mistake, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is still a violent game; you will still slice the limbs off of your enemies, and they will still hobble towards you hoping to take you with them on their way to Ninja hell. After clearing out a whole room of enemies, the ground will still be littered with the de-limbed bodies of your fallen foes. Itís only when you compare it to Ninja Gaiden II that you will realize how neutered Sigma 2 is: whereas the 360 version leaves battlegrounds painted in blood, Sigma 2 merely has a few bloodstains to accent your surroundings. The Monty Python-esque geyser of blood that would erupt after slicing off an opponentís appendage in the 360 version has been replaced by mystical blue smoke, and whereas the limbs used to fly through the air and bludgeoned heads would explode into bits of brain and cranium, excised body parts now simply disappear. Even the corpses of your enemies have changed; the once red, gaping wounds on fallen bodies have been replaced by empty, black voids, as if youíve plucked the limbs off of a Barbie doll.
For parents Ė and anyone else made squeamish by the previous paragraph Ė this would undoubtedly be a good thing, and itís hard to say whether Ninja Gaiden 2ís gore was too much in the first place. But being an adult gamer, I canít help but feel like Iíve been transported back to the early Ď90s, when my age presented a legitimate excuse for someone else to decide what level of violent content was OK for me to be exposed to. What the motivation was behind the style choice isnít exactly clear: Yosuke Hayashi has simply stated that his team questioned whether the extreme violence of the title was really necessary for the game, and as such they decided to go in a different direction.
Normally, I would agree that violence doesnít make a big difference; Iím personally not a big gore hound, and the beheading of Helios in the upcoming God of War III or the ďchainSAWdomyĒ move of Gears of War are the kind of examples that would normally have me agreeing with Hayashi. But like it or not, Ninja Gaiden 2 was designed with that aesthetic in mind, and after playing the two games side by side, Sigma 2 ends up feeling decidedly less powerful; lunging towards and beheading an enemy just doesnít feel as satisfying when your enemy turns out to be an empty shell.

Thatís exactly how i feel when i see a NGS2 vid, it just feels like youíve been in a fight with a manikin
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say that we've not only been fighting mannequins in every NG, we've been fight them in almost every game.

Mist or blood everything going down the same way.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
If you say that we've not only been fighting mannequins in every NG, we've been fight them in almost every game.

emm.. i hate to admit it but that is true
but i still donít like the loss of blood in NGS2
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:
Bringerofchaos888 wrote:

emm.. i hate to admit it but that is true
but i still donít like the loss of blood in NGS2

It's a loss alright Confused
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2009/203/958890_20090723_790screen001.jpg
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares. Blood is not important.

The games gore is almost on NG1 level and NG1 was/is a great game and I cant remember a single NG fan saying that he wanted another Mortal Kombat with NG2.
Overstated gore doesn't bring atmosphere or something else. Stop with that comments please. It's just there to hype little kids. Same goes with sex. And even Microsoft hyped the game...one thing they have never done with any other Ninja Gaiden before. Strange isn't it? But I know the reason: Gears of War is bloody as NG2 and the game was a huge success. So their first thought was "he, GoW is bloody as hell and a success, so NG will be, too". Sad that the gore was still the number one reason for many NG2 buyers.

I'm no gore hater but Team Ninja focused way too much on gore/blood that they "forgot" to add the mission mode and unlockables like costumes. Oh and not to mention the terrible performance and camera problems (especially during boss fights). But wow, at least the game had blood LOL
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, I meant the blood didn't matter to me.

The only problem for me in NG2 was the IK Ninja that roamed every hall. Explosions in general, pretty much.

Allot of things blew up in NG2.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is pretty amazing in motion. The loss of gore only hits you for the first ten minutes or so.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another preview

http://cheatcodecentral.com/ps3/rev/ninjagaidensigma2preview.html
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the IW crew Review the Preview game.
they seem to be positive about it and what they say about the camera i totally agree cos id also say the hard core NG player just dot notice the cameras broken,
but im surprised that they didnít say anything about the blood especially considering what happened in last weekís episode i would have thought that they would have made a joke at the least

01:17
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-68-invisible-walls/53683
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didn't really like Ayane look in Ng2 as well.
she is awesome in NGB/S and look okay with her outfit.
in NG2, she look look plastic doll and wear an underwear only and show up in ch. 11 to give Ryu the dragon orb.
then i also hate this last quote of her "the true dragon sword" which is stupid!
anyway, i am glad she got her NGB/S costume in NGS2 as well.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Who cares. Blood is not important.

The games gore is almost on NG1 level and NG1 was/is a great game and I cant remember a single NG fan saying that he wanted another Mortal Kombat with NG2.
Overstated gore doesn't bring atmosphere or something else. Stop with that comments please. It's just there to hype little kids. Same goes with sex. And even Microsoft hyped the game...one thing they have never done with any other Ninja Gaiden before. Strange isn't it? But I know the reason: Gears of War is bloody as NG2 and the game was a huge success. So their first thought was "he, GoW is bloody as hell and a success, so NG will be, too". Sad that the gore was still the number one reason for many NG2 buyers.

I'm no gore hater but Team Ninja focused way too much on gore/blood that they "forgot" to add the mission mode and unlockables like costumes. Oh and not to mention the terrible performance and camera problems (especially during boss fights). But wow, at least the game had blood LOL

agree, NG2 gore did look better, but it doesn't make the game that satisfy.
i have beat Master Ninja mode and not that satisfy from what i have experience.
freezing = bad, glitch = okay but annoying, slowdown = okay but if it slowdown too much, it become bad as well.
contents = mediocre LDC are crappy costumes except the fiend costume, and Mission Mode = content-less as well, 21 missions in total. some crappy bosses design also.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new Review

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/ninja_gaiden_2_sigma/review.html

Quote:
Joining your melee weapons are a number of projectiles, ranging from your default shuriken to a gatling gun-style spear gun for use underwater. Most of these have a limited supply of ammo, with more available from fallen warriors you find on your adventure and at shops scattered around each level."

sounds like the projectiles are not unlimited

Quote:
One of the keys to the game is working out which weapons work best against each enemy type,

That's just not true IMO, all the weapons are versatile enough to be used against any enemy or boss, and NG has been made in a way that a weapon that is useless in the hands on one played is deadly in the hands of another

Quote:
PS3 game has been quite significantly toned down - something that is likely to anger and disappoint fans hoping this would be the ultimate version of the game.

agreed

Quote:
the frame rate drops from time to time during particularly action packed moments just as it did in the 360 game.

emmm...

Quote:
For every level you beat you feel like you're becoming a better gamer and that's a feeling that very few games can claim to give. This is action gaming at its very best, although with the toned down carnage during combat there's a nagging sense that Sigma 2's not quite the ultimate edition of the game it could have been.

from what Iíve seen of the game and played of the demo so far this is what I would conclude

Last edited by mohsin117 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:20 am; edited 8 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the SECOND review, PSM3 was the first one.

So this got 9 which is great, but gore is out, understandable.
But sound is always 10 for me in all NGs so far!

Good that projectiles are unlimited, I will spam the IS so they get a taste of their own medicine, damn fatherless child Razz
Hopefully we can change the bow to IS (or any other projectiles) and keep the shuriken ALL the time!
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
Thats the SECOND review, PSM3 was the first one.

So this got 9 which is great, but gore is out, understandable.
But sound is always 10 for me in all NGs so far!

Good that projectiles are unlimited, I will spam the IS so they get a taste of their own medicine, damn fatherless child Razz
Hopefully we can change the bow to IS (or any other projectiles) and keep the shuriken ALL the time!

i for got about the PSM3 review,
*post edited*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: