ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Official NGS2 General info thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 154, 155, 156  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
The same goes for the trophies as well. Someone already finished the game on warrior but is missing some costumes and a trophy. Not bothered about the trophies but yes if you want all costumes you must finish acolyte as well.

I'm working my up I've decided. Wink

Yep same here.
Acolyte and Warrior should be a breeze to go through, but why no mention of weapon carrying over? or did I miss it Confused

Ah well, I don't mind playing on Acolyte first and then Warrior because in Acolyte is when you unlock the DW outfit and I am all for it, and the white outfit will be from the beginning once I download it so I am good.

But on the Prima Guide on all outfits it says beat Warrior or Master Ninja difficulty in store mode to unlock it.
Then some guy says you have to beat each difficulty in order to get the outfits..so which is it? :S

But whatever if it is confirmed that you have to beat each difficulty for their outfit then that is what I am gonna do, but then Prima Guide is wrong then :S
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy who I asked said he unlocked all the costumes except the DW Ryu one sath.

I think there could be a possibility you also unlock mentor for finishing acolyte so you could skip warrior and jump in the deep end. Because you get the other costumes for finishing master ninja. Unless you want to finish warrior.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well if thats the case then...good? I don't know the game design of unlocking and getting is very random Razz

But if that wasent possible then its easy to just play Acolyte for 2 reasons. One, its easy to beat, 2, you get a trophy along with it with a outfit unlocked.

I am surprised why the DW is on Acolyte and not MNM or Mentor, but hey I wont complain considering I want it alot, and Ashtar, and Ryuken.

I hope the white outfit looks awesome ingame so I dont have to care for other outfits so soon Razz

But the whole "weapons carrying over to harder difficulty" hasent been mentioned yet has it? Thats one thing is gonna be a big difference and if they are gonna go back to lvl1 or stay the way they are the way you ended it.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to think of it, if trophies are difficulty locked as well you'd have to beat wrrior anyway wouldn't you?
Barrikade
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to say: its annoying that "R1" is now a path-finder technique. Its all annoying to use as a camera-center feature. I mean, really, who the hell would get lost in Ninja Gaiden? Its a very linear game with obvious paths towards progression.

Yet another crappy feature. I'm beginning to see why IGN rated this game lower than NG2.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Come to think of it, if trophies are difficulty locked as well you'd have to beat wrrior anyway wouldn't you?

If you want trophies, yes, thats why I said what I said Wink
ZimpanX
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Mezziaz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrikade wrote:
Its a very linear game with obvious paths towards progression.

Plus if you get lost you just need to look at the face of your character as now he/she will now look in the direction you should be headin'.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. ok. Well I'm not really bothered by trophies but I think since there is an in game reward on all difficulties I might as well take it all.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be as it was in NGII - you beat warrior, you get two trophies: one for acolyte, one for warrior. It's bad design if it's not like that. There's no need for someone who beats warrior to play acolyte. No need at all and there's no explanation for this choice other than retardation.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrikade wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to say: its annoying that "R1" is now a path-finder technique. Its all annoying to use as a camera-center feature. I mean, really, who the hell would get lost in Ninja Gaiden? Its a very linear game with obvious paths towards progression.

Yet another crappy feature. I'm beginning to see why IGN rated this game lower than NG2.

Change R1 to something else on the shoulder buttons.
Its not our fault you are HOLDING the button down, dont do it.

And believe me, I have seen enough players in videos that is running around like a lunatic to find a way and this is for them, and for those who are just, not bright enough to find it.
Believe me, this feature is there for those who get lost and they wouldnt added that in if that wasent the case.

Ever since the IS and WS news I see people suddenly is bvtch about everything all of a sudden when all these were known from the get go, but now that WS and IS showed up, everything in NGS2 sucks?

Seriously now.
Thank god atleast I have good enough standards to still enjoy NG games, I guess when I said I have NG in my blood I meant it.
It will take alot of changes for me to really starts wearing down on TN, but so far, these are just small things changed, but yet the combat is till there, Ryu is still there (aside from WS and IS problem) and everything NG stands for is still there.

And I am assuming samething goes to Primeval Demon and Female Tengu Wink

PS. I do agree with Takehaniyasubiko (you should seriously change the name, confusing to type it! Razz) that beating Warrior should be enough to unlock everything Acolyte has to offer and then you go from there to higher.
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:

I'm probably gonna enjoy the game AT LEAST as much as NGII, but I never thought I'd actually hate a Developer of a game. (Hayashi)

Not sure why one person out of a team of likely over 90, is being singled out for every single decision made with the game. It's just as bad the people who blamed Itagaki for everything that went wrong with NGII, even though his biggest mistake (as always) was talking about how perfect it is.

The omission of WS and IS aside, every other decision made seems tailored to expand the audience of the series. That's not a bad thing by any stretch.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure why one person out of a team of likely over 90, is being singled out for every single decision made with the game.

Because he's the producer and the role of producer is to accept or not accept those decisions.

If you can blame one person, it's him. But it's obvious that every team member is responsible one way or another.

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Barrikade
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:

Ever since the IS and WS news I see people suddenly is bvtch about everything all of a sudden when all these were known from the get go, but now that WS and IS showed up, everything in NGS2 sucks?

Its not people are whining about everything, but all the new choices and additions are just bad. They warrant whining - and lots of it. Look at it this way:

NGS2 is a re-mastered edition of an older game (NG2), which already wasn't a graphical spectacle or anything. The engine is somewhat out-dated, and the main feature of NG2 that made it innovative was the gore and dismembering of limbs. So, then, why suddenly dumb it down to a PG-13 action game? They took out one of the innovative aspects of NG here. Hayashi will say that its because they wanted to make the game more stylish, but hey, its not quite stylish when you have a bow stuck to your back constantly. I don't quite see the style; all I see is a way for them to secretly make the game run faster by not storing dead bodies in the environments. The new innovation behind NGS2 is being able to use Ayane, Momiji, and Rachel. Well, guess what...All you get is one chapter with one weapon per character. It is obvious they added it just to say that its new. If I hear that they plan to release new Ayane, Momiji, or Rachel missions as paid DLC - well, I might just Hulk smash the next Tecmo developer I see.

NG2 was a broken game by all accounts, and yet they still released it. Fans such as myself bought the game and all the DLC to support the developer. So what if Tecmo had legal problems and all that? Not my concern. The game greatly needed a patch and yet all we got was Mission Mode as DLC. You should also know that it was initially planned to be a free feature, as evidenced in the fact that it was in the NG2 guide. And let's not even mention the lag, which absolutely ruined some parts of the game. And guess what...NGS2 still has lag. Sure, its not as bad as before; however, remember that this at the cost of blood, gore, and everything else. If you're making a fast-paced action title featuring a ninja...60FPS.

Now, I can babble all day but I'll end it here. If NGS2 is truly the ultimate edition of NG2, then how do they explain taking stuff out? Cyber told me that Hayashi believes "in his mind" that the cannon has replaced the IS and WM, basic weapons for a ninja. All I see is a big ugly cannon which will make the game seem more like Devil May Cry. It just doesn't fit. I just don't see why they couldn't leave it in anyway, but I guess Hayashi is more concerned with his mind than what is obvious. Then again, I should've seen this given that Sonia is an obvious mix between Dante and Lady. And for the record, Devil May Cry 4 is a good example of how an action game should perform technically. Its not as good as NG2 but it looks, runs, and sounds better. The game runs at 60FPS with great effects, huge bosses, and excellent graphics. Also has some great CGI videos.

Anyway, moshin and I are creating a list of minor changes which we strongly believe should be released in a patch. We think we are owed a patch given that we purchased NG2, which is still broken. All interested parties please MSG me or him.

And just to be clear, Sath, I am strictly debating with you. Please don't think I am attacking you or anything, I respect you as a user here Smile I'd just like to debate this so feel free to rebute my arguments (and that goes for anyone else who reads this).

Last edited by Barrikade on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
MSX2
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: Verdugo04

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulliver49 wrote:

Instead we got that Six-Axis support and a path finder when you hold down the R1 button Rolling Eyes Who asked for these things!?

What an odd thing to complain about. What's next? The box art? The vast majority of games nowadays hold your hand one way or another, and this is a very small feature to go along that philosophy. Unlike most action games like GOW or DMC, NG does have pretty large environments. You may find it silly, but I bet a group out there got lost or took a while to find their way through the levels.
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a lot of negativity about this game. Its like something happened thats made everyone else bash the game. Cry Baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 76 of 156

Jump to: