ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Official NGS2 General info thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 154, 155, 156  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
You know take I'm beginning to suspect the only thing you don't like is the way Ninja Gaiden is going.

If you really like Black get an xbox or download it on 360.

What he doesn't like is the stupid decisions they're making.
You don't need to go back to NGB to enjoy what you SHOULD like.

Maybe if they've become totally different games like the NES versions, that's a reason to go back and play them.
But NGS2 is a remake of NGII.
Anyone who liked NGII SHOULD like NGS2, but they somehow managed to do the opposite.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
O_o Did you play MGS4...? If that's not an upgrade, then Itagaki did all Tekken games. Not to mention the fact that even MGS3 didn't use the old, MGS2 engine. They did a new one just for MGS3 because of the jungle setting.

Yes I have MGS4. Of course, the graphics are well upgraded in certain points....charakters, weapons and explosions etc. But even in the first ingame trailer Snake and the overall graphics looked better than in the final game. Reducing graphics is a natural thing in game development but IMO that was too much.
The environments are not that good. Adding dust or some trash cans with crappy textures isn't what I call upgrade. And a jungle/forest path with 6 or 8 trees + some rocks isn't what I call a forest. I dont know how to explain....there is no life. It's boring and static. I dont like it. And keeping everything in yellow and brown looks a little bit strange, too.

Quote:
Sadly, they are not. If you take top 20, then maybe you can add them. But they ain't even top 10 anymore.

true. Capcom FTW

But I still like and prefer Team Ninjas art style.

Last edited by Female Tengu on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, there are some lazy things done even at Kojima Productions but most of the things you write about are tied to hardware limits, not their laziness. TN is not pushing hardware since the Xbox 1 died.
Quote:
But I still like and prefer Team Ninjas art style.

They are awesome at creating Japanese environments. Ninja Fortress from DOA4 looks stunning, first two levels of NG2/NGS2 are also epic. But when they design other environments... it don't end well most of the time.

Last edited by Takehaniyasubiko on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
And keeping everything in yellow and brown looks a little bit strange, too.

That's just the art style, it's a bit different then what Take is talking about.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ xninjared

I know some of the stuff they have done to the game is bad. They have removed some stuff I loved about NG2. But the thing is games move on with technology. I don't like GTA as much now but I just go with the flow.

Team Ninja can't be making entirely stupid decisions because the worm in the tunnel is gone. The game as a whole is a lot more fun based on my impression of the demo. Yes I could send tonnes of hate mail for removing the shurikens but whats the point?

Just like every other NG game it will have it's own qualities.
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
But the thing is games move on with technology

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know removing two weapons that are iconic to the franchise is a technical ADVANCEMENT.

Let me say this, I'm not COMPLETELY disappointed in NGS2. Doesn't stop that some things that they COULD'VE left alone were instead removed.

Imagine America suddenly became a much better place, but suddenly decides to be against Asia.

Sure, you'll love how America became a better place, but wouldn't the fact they became enemies with Asia for no reason still piss you off?

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel about the shurikens man. Everyone (even CyberEvil) said they didn't like that move.

Yes its a major loss. But I wouldn't have thought it gave the game a death sentence.

I've already thought Ayane is intended to be replacement. Even though I wouldn't have considered her shurikens replacements. The thing is they could be dlc.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
Sure, there are some lazy things done even at Kojima Productions but most of the things you write about are tied to hardware limits, not their laziness. TN is not pushing hardware since the Xbox 1 died.

DOA4 was rushed. But the game looks way better than DOAU.

again 60fps, a TRUE HD resolution (720p), really sharp and clear graphics. And for a "launch" title on a new hardware it's very impressive if you ask me. DOA4 looks better for a launch title than DOA3 (the jump from DOA2 to DOA3 wasn't that big. They even released DOA3.1 with slightly better graphics and some new moves in the EU)

DOA2:

(ingame screen from one of Ayanes winning pose)

DOA3:

(cant believe this was Xbox lol it looks super crappy. This screen is from the ingame Intro of the final version)

DOA Ultimate was the first DOA on Xbox with awesome graphics. (I dont know why everyone was so hyped for DOA3s engine. Graphics were bad compared to DOA2. The only nice thing was the use of bump mapping but no really poly upgrade).

DOAU:

(special wallpaper but 100% ingame. Check out the details like Ayanes yellow small ribbon. They used polys for it, no textures like in DOA3 and DOA2)

DOA4:

(more polys for details, better environments. Sorry, for the small screen xD)

But unfortunately they haven't really improved since DOA4....

Last edited by Female Tengu on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 am; edited 5 times in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the characters, Ayane Razz
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
Yes its a major loss. But I wouldn't have thought it gave the game a death sentence.

I'm not giving it a death sentence, I'm still getting the game (grudgingly).
I'm just pissed off.

And no, Ayane's not a replacement.

Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Eclipse Scythe's Soul Impale making the enemy explode by the time he hits the ground, still stuck on the Scythe?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Falcon Talon's White Tiger Gouge making the enemy explode by the time she pulls out the Claws from the enemy's body?
Can Ayane stab an enemy with the Incendiary Shuriken and then use Kusari-gama's Flying Vine making the enemy explode by the time you JUST pulled him in and cut off his precious legs?

No, no she can't.
Because she doesn't have those weapons.
Or simply speaking, she's not Ryu.

Imagine if NGS3 came out. And Ayane doesn't have her Fuma Kodachi's anymore, but instead Ryu has them. That still would be stupid, because Ryu is NOT Ayane.

Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sath

Embarassed
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with sigma. One thing I agree with take on is Hayashi's PR stunts. He keeps making promises he can't keep with these remakes. Saying they are "definitive" or "complete". I never got over the classics being kicked off or the missing costumes in sigma.

I also know people have raged about the intercept feature for years. But sadly these games will never meet our full tastes because we all like different things.

I think its a case of reveal the downsides at the very last minute and hope people won't react. But these are bad. I bet he says these words about the games and then people find ou the missing features.

I don't think there will ever be a truly definitive ninja gaiden but I will enjoy this game with what it has to offer me.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
@Sath

Embarassed

I would use Momiji is she was there, so I was rooting for you Razz
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primeval_Demon wrote:
I don't think there will ever be a truly definitive ninja gaiden but I will enjoy this game with what it has to offer me.

Well that's good.
Like a game for what it is instead of what it isn't. That's always been my motto.
Still doesn't stop that there ARE things that "isn't" in this game.

I'm probably gonna enjoy the game AT LEAST as much as NGII, but I never thought I'd actually hate a Developer of a game. (Hayashi)

Seriously, Itagaki did a large quantity of small stuff wrong, but Hayashi made a few quantity of BIG stuff wrong.

Primeval_Demon
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its practically what I've said in previous posts. Hayashi does so much right for a game only to take out things he thinks people don't care about.

But we do.

All I will say is next time Hayashi does a remake that promises to be "complete" "definitive" or something similar, DON'T BELIEVE IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 74 of 156

Jump to: