ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

new NGS2 videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop fixing things that don't need t be fixed Hayashi!
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just balancing. You can evade the explosive arrows from the archers now, unlike NG2 where single arrows were some kind of bullets from a gun LOL

You dont really need projectile UTs anymore Wink

And if you cant dodge rockets, you are just bad *looks to Sath* ^^
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well UT arrows where most used TUs for projectiles, you could use them to shoot out rocked launchers as well as the Arch Fiend in his first form, and then theirs several other places where arrows are needed and UTed arrows would just make things faster and they where stronger,
in NG1/B/S we had the armour piercing arrows and explosive arrows which was replaced by UT projectiles which I think was a good thing cos you didn't have to bother with 3 different types of arrows and in NG1/B/S once you got the Explosive and Armour Piercing arrows the standard arrows became obsolete, so they solved a lot off problems with UT projectiles

the 2 dragons in chapter 8 seem has though they've been removed but I don't know about the one in chapter 9, im really going to miss them when fighting the Water Dragon

as for other projectile UTs the IS was probably the one I used less but I did use it, UTing them would shoot multiple which was cool and the Windmill has to be one of the best UTs in the game even against the melee weapons cos a lvl. 2 UT could cut through several enemies at one

and in a review it mentioned that you get projectiles from bodies so I think it's a no to unlimited projectiles and whet makes that even worse is that the heads up display no longer displays how many arrows you have left

having unlimited projectiles would be cool but I wouldn't give up UTabel projectiles for it

and there was no need fro this to be balanced its just some thing else that going to be an annoyance
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehrm, If I try to charge an UT the rocket already hits me Wink
I've never UTed rocket guys. It's a waste of time, ammo and life.
Why should you UTing an rocket guy (or the rockets), anyway? These guys are eeeaaasy. What's the problem with the rocket guys lol

I'm sure that they balanced out the boss battles. On most scenes you just talked about, the game forced you to use arrows (arch fiend).

Yes, the windmill shuriken UT was practically the only really useful UT for a distance weapon but you're not invincible and this makes the windmill UT basically useless (and c'mon, it's booooooring spamming projectiles. It's a melee based combat system after all). I can kill much more on the screen with my Ninpo (example) and no enemy can't do something against it (yay!).

I've never used these UTs on Mentor or Master Ninja.

Removing some things is not always bad since we can move now if we aim with the weapons. I prefer this over charging. Because nothing is more annyoing than standing still if you want to shoot (Resident Evil anyone?).
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rocket launcher i was referring to was in the chapter Submit or Die where they shoot from the windows and UT is the best option IMO

Quote:
but you're not invincible

well that wasnít a problem in NG2

Quote:
c'mon, it's booooooring spamming projectiles. It's a melee based combat system after all

You should tell that to Hayashi cos he has mapped the shuriken to one button and other projectiles to another button and added a feature that allows you to walk and shoot at the same time
so it seems to me their actually encouraging you to use more projectiles

Quote:
I've never used these UTs on Mentor or Master Ninja.

Well i do (i actually need to do master ninja long story for another time, ask me about it and ill tell you) i use UT arrows in my game, i often UT arrow an approaching enemy and then charge a weapon UT using the essences
A lvl.1 UT arrow can kill an enemy

Quote:
Removing some things is not always bad

Thatís True, sort of like removing a tumid

Quote:
we can move now if we aim with the weapons

now that is a good thing but you still shooting a standard arrow that hardly dose any damage, and they could still have UT, and when youíre you UTing you canít move like with the weapons

Quote:
I prefer this over charging

I donít, moving when shooting brings nothing to the game even though it is a good thing and i wouldnít want to take it out in NG3, any why are we giving up one good thing for another good thing, what couldnít they fit it on the disc, did they have to make a hard decision where they sat down with the team and talked over, wouldnít they both work together like iv mentioned before you donít have to move when UTing so it shouldnít even effect the walking

Quote:
Because nothing is more annyoing than standing still if you want to shoot (Resident Evil anyone?).

again something very true and they seem to have solved it, but that has nothing to do with UT.
I mean you can still attack with weapons when walking but you have to stop to charge a UT

Now letís be honest it probably comes down to how you play, but the fact remains the UT projectiles where a good thing they werenít broken or casing problems and Hayashis done one of his now becoming informs sacrifices and fixed something that didnít need fixing
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixing up combos with 2 projectiles, yeah it's cool.

L2 and R2 shooting? Meh, I hope it's not mandatory.

Windmill UT, that was the coolest UT, I actually didn't use the Arrow UT for anything but the bosses. I never used the IS UT whatsoever.

Overall, decent tradeoff I guess. I really dislike using O button for interact now.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-76-invisible-walls/56798

Invincible Wall, its the last thing they talk about which is NGS2.
This guy had ALOT of great stuff to say about it, really nice to hear, and I usually don't like him Razz

Anyways, yes he is playing on Warrior and Warrior is easy, but for us hardcore fans obviously Mentor and MN will be harder and even he says so.

One thing he mentions but yet don't, is the NG easteregg.
He says if you are a fan of NG series, you will instantly reconize the easteregg, and no its not the ending because that guy wasent in mid-beginning so we will see it.
So considering its a easteregg I GUESS it is something we will just look at, kind of like Heavenly Sword had Kratos weapon and armor.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've taken out test of valors...? Surprised

From what the guys says, it looks that my hunch was correct and the game was made easier to sell better. I don't believe that NGS2 will pose a great challenge even on MN.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have said this a few months ago that TOV was taken out.
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess casual NG can't have something so HC.

ToV were stupid on mentor and MN but to take it out? They've should fix them instead of throwing them out of the window.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will probably release it as Survival Mode through DLC, I would buy it.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so just finished with IW a great episode like always

but any way on to NGS2, he said some good stuff and itís nice to hear from someone that actually dose play NG games, iv watched every IW to date and theyíve talked about NG a had full of times and Shane dose seem to know what his talking about, very excited about the surprise im starting to think itís got something to do with NG1/B/S

and it seems like GT might be the Reviewer to give NGS2 a better score then NG2 Very Happy

the difficulty i donít know if itís a good thing or bad im personally a fan of the Ninja Dog idea, but i donít know will have to see, like iv mentioned from what ive heard from past episodes Shane does seem to know how to play NG but i wouldnít say his as hard core as some of us

something that i didnít agree with was they why he mention the Test of Valor, i think that some people who havenít played NG2 and listen to what he said about the ToV would assume that you were forced to play it, but it was an option and they just removed an option but then again im not going to be missing them.

as for the camera im going to say its worse in NGS2 it seems to be further out and it keeps getting behind the railings in the opening chapter in the demo, but i donít think itís going to be much of a problem
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: Vuezero PSN: Vueguy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
I guess casual NG can't have something so HC.

ToV were stupid on mentor and MN but to take it out? They've should fix them instead of throwing them out of the window.

50/50 i agree, but i never really care about half of them in MNM.

Takehaniyasubiko wrote:
They've taken out test of valors...? Surprised

From what the guys says, it looks that my hunch was correct and the game was made easier to sell better. I don't believe that NGS2 will pose a great challenge even on MN.

Ultimate Ninja mode will = Master Ninja in NG2 or maybe harder.

Link

Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohsin117 wrote:

Quote:
we can move now if we aim with the weapons

now that is a good thing but you still shooting a standard arrow that hardly dose any damage, and they could still have UT, and when youíre you UTing you canít move like with the weapons

Now letís be honest it probably comes down to how you play, but the fact remains the UT projectiles where a good thing they werenít broken or casing problems and Hayashis done one of his now becoming informs sacrifices and fixed something that didnít need fixing

No, would be overpowered for SIGMA 2 now. The game isn't that hard like NG2.

Quote:

The rocket launcher i was referring to was in the chapter Submit or Die where they shoot from the windows and UT is the best option IMO

Just ran trough that damn place (you can do it without even getting damage). The guys will hit you sooner or later. Because charging + killing a rocket launcher dude takes longer than a rocket. It's suicide and a waste of healing items if you try to kill the guys in the building.

Quote:
You should tell that to Hayashi cos he has mapped the shuriken to one button and other projectiles to another button and added a feature that allows you to walk and shoot at the same time
so it seems to me their actually encouraging you to use more projectiles

Sounds like misinterpretation.

They mapped the shurikens to one button because these thing can stun smaller enemies (+ infinite ammo). Shurikens are not there to kill.

I dont really need projectile UTs, just my opinion.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new Rachel vid including cut scene

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/ninjagaidensigma2/video/6230469/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2--special-controls-gameplay-movie?hd=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: