ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NGS 2 Chapter Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: NGS 2 Chapter Challenge Reply with quote

Just had a question about this option in the game...

Basically I know it's where you get to play through any chapter you like but with all stuff you unlocked in story mode...but:

1. Do you get to choose which level of a weapon you use that you want to play with? Because personally, I don't like the appearance of several weapons in their third and complete state...like the claws for instance, I like them just on level 2. Same goes for the tonfas, the flails, and so forth. I'm guessing no but, wouldn't hurt to ask...

2. Do you get to choose what length health bar and number of ki slots to use in the chapters in Chapter Challenge? Or are all these pretty much fixed depending on what chapter you choose to play through?

Thanks...
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I know how you feel but all weapons are at the highest level.

2. The health bar and ki depends on the chapter that you are on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
2. The health bar and ki depends on the chapter that you are on.

I found that to be really silly, I understand earlier levels weaker enemies so they gave you less health, but still its mission mode you should be at an equal ability in all the levels

The whole chapter challenge just seemed cheap, they got rid of the Karma form the singe player game and made it in to its own mode
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to make a karma run in NG2/S2 anyway. There are too many enemies and too many points to get, there is a moment where you just stop to count. I use CC for self-imposed challenges, like finishing a spectific chapter in MN without dying.

For the lifebar, well it make sense to have it at the maximum you're supposed to have at that level. But yeah it's a pity that the length is imposed.

As for the weapons I prefer them in level 3, except the Lunar.
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I think Mohsin is also on DOAWORLD and possibly Tecmo Forums. Hi Mohsin! LOL I asked this question there too.
Anyway, I think it makes sense there are set health bars for each chapter challenge because isn't the game designed to get harder with each chapter, and hence allowing you to upgrade weapons later and getting your health/ki gauges to increase? Chapter Challenge isn't exactly Mission Mode for this reason.

Man sucks that all weapons are maxed...then again Mission Mode wasn't different in this sense. So now, I pretty much have a reason to create beginning-of-each chapter saves on Master Ninja mode so that I can be playing with the level weapons I like...so going to search for FAQs of LOTG locations, jewels and whatnot...bullshit. Sad

Lol btw I was glad to know earlier today I had Ayane's Sigma 1 costume unlocked somehow...must've been when I beat the game on Acolyte/Warrior or something, actually going to look that up now *goes* yeah that was it. I love her butt in that costume.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little problem with Sigma 2… not the game itself but the saves I had of it. My old PS3 YLODed and is now resting in peace. I bought a slim and I have all my PS3 saves on a USB key now. Problem is, in Sigma 2 I can't load them since they say the data is "from a different user"… Sigma 1 and all my other games are the same actually…

So here's my question: is there a way to load my old saves without having to play through the whole damn game again? Cause I was in the middle of a self-imposed challenge in CC when the old consoled died; re-unlocking and re-beating Master Ninja mode and all the tough missions (for the costumes) is gonna be annoying…

Thank you. Razz

I miss my memory cards…
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you log into the same account that you had on your old PS3? If you have PS Plus, I believe everything is backed up to the cloud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it Very Happy I don't have PS+, but I connected on the PSN with my old account, and the saves are now accepted. Thanks a lot!

I can get back to my challenge. No Ninpo, no UT, no Izuna Drop, no healing items, all in Master Ninja. Lots of fun. Twisted Evil
Ninja88
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The health bar and ki depends on the chapter that you are on.
192.168.o.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: