ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

What makes each weapon unique?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IZIEIRIOI
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: What makes each weapon unique? Reply with quote

It seems like in this game each weapon has been made to have it's own thing that makes it play differently, I'm just wondering has anyone figured out a different way to use each weapon using it's unique abilities?
eg. I use the Falcon Talons in a way so that I try to keep moving a lot.
Using things like the flying kick into the wall, then X while clinging to it, the when I land using >X to dash forward, or something like that.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCTF=Crowd control
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringerofchaos888 wrote:
Sythe=Crowd control, UT is an animal, 360 UT for specific situation, better stagger effects from more of its strikes, relatively good coverage during combos, and some awesome air time, plus those amazing throws.

DK=Insane damage for single-couple enemies, good UT for two-three enemies killed with low chance of a missed teleport (one teleport I think, compared to four for TDS, with the same angle from the dash for better connects), good all rounder with less felxibility of TDS, but more damage when Blade of the Archfiend

Tonfa=Moderate Damage with good mobility during combo (its special mid combo dash), crazy limb smashing (an OT machine) and its ET/UT are arguably the longest in the game and its ET is possibly the best in the game, always delimb, possible kill

DS=all rounder, quick with some crowd control, triple FS for lots of invincibility, and great damage too

Lunar=Multiple enemy/cluster damage, Awesome UT for most situations, two UT's for better flexibility, low to moderate damage for the most part though

Flails=combo machine, good all-around protection for Ryu, and unique UT with optional extra strikes for longer invulnerable time and extra damage

Kusari=unique combos with good reach, crowd control, and damage, but mixed up and not as well as some other weapons, unique UT which starts no matter what, but can be hit or miss sometimes

Falcon=short range, high damage out-put, UT for single enemy massive damage, best FS/ID in game, for that reason alone it is the ninja killer on mentor and up, ->XXXXXX move has high invicibility time and great damage

Something like that
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the three 'main' weapons outside of the scythe:

Lunar: Technical / status inducing weapon with several extremely powerful combos (XXY comes to mind; can bossstun Zedonius sometimes and kills many enemies in one go) and defensive ones (XYYY). Also a bunch of useful technical statuses like selflaunch, lowlaunch and launch on basic attacks; some crowd control moves can be cancelled this way into izuna drops (freeform, not in the moveslist). Onlanding X induces 360 degree crumple stun if both hits land, which makes it unbeatable against most ninja-sized enemies as it leaves them open to Nirmankaya (floored Y). Next to useless if the statuses aren't used to your advantage due to low "spam" attack damage.

(In my opinion, the lunar's IA XXY ID is even better than the claws', if only for its' high level of safety - if it misses you can cancel out to an onlanding X which will crumplestun the enemy you missed. It also instant-kills the high-level grey wizards on MN.)

Dragon Sword: More or less a 'general' weapon; however, has relatively low stun chances on basic moves which can make it a liability against larger enemies, neccesitating it being used in an evasive manner. Flying swallow can be JFed for instant decaps or bisections on some ninja. Has a decent on-landing X with high chance to de-leg ninjas; 360Y can be chained into izuna drop or blade of nirrti.

Falcon's Talons: "Grappling" weapon with a lot of moves useful for closing distance and keeping enemies under hitstun. ->Y has extreme delimb rate, making it lethal against almost everything when coupled with OTs; also has massive invuln frames and moderate autotracking. Kind of like a flying swallow only on the ground with less danger. Very good Y-counter; flashy and causes crumplestun (or at least floor, not sure) when lands. XX->* combos are powerful and can be chained into UTs on landing. ->XXXXX is good damage and invuln wise.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i relly like the weapons in NG" and thy r very uniq. in NG1 you had weapons that were very similar like the nunchaku and the Vigoorian Flail and the dabilahro, war hammer and unformidable flawlessness were all like the same weapons.

In NG2 all the weapons r fast I mean there’s no slow weapon and one of the things I love about NG is that any weapon can do any job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: