ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 E3 news
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 E3 news Reply with quote

Thought I'd tip you all off on a few things you may not know (because they haven't been announced yet).

First, the E3 trailer, while short, is fvck AWESOME and almost enough to make me buy a PS3 for (finally).

Rachel is back and playable in Sigma 2...and she has a gun that can be used for air-juggles
Supposedly more difficult than NG2 on 360
To re-confirm, it is definitely exclusive to PS3, at least throughout '09 (probably indefinitely though)
The co-op allows for a sort of matchmaking online where you can view your partner/opponent based on individual mission stats
Gogohn is back and he seems to have a new version of the Underworld he can be fought in by Ryu
Rachel also fights Gogohn, but not in the same place
Ryu has a new cannon-type weapon that appears to be a Ninpo cannon

More if I can get it.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible news that Rachel is back, she sucks so damn bad its dumb.

I mean, I hated playing as her in NGS, and NGS2 had a very good pacing going for it with Ayane and Momiji being fast and seems to be fun to use, but now we are forced, AGAIN, to play as Rachel?
WTF Hayashi?

trailer http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-ninja-gaiden/50019

GT is doing false ad saying its Ayane demo. Either they uploaded wrong file or they are just too stupid confusing Ayane with Rachel.

PS. Why did they change Ryu's afterimage from blue/white to purple :S
I like how it shapes it and all, but now the color.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT has the same trailer I have. I think they are getting something else later, but I haven't seen it yet. If anyone needs assets for sigs or what have you, let me know. I have a bunch of full res artwork from the press kit.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me itīs a really crapy trailer. Now my hype is far less than before. Graphis especially lighting looks terrible. if the gun is some nimpo related stuff, then Iīm fine otherwise a gun would be a bit strange in a ninja game. who knows maybe the gun is pretty fun to use.

Last edited by Wanderfalke on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailer itself is well-done, however they're dropping the ball on a few things.

First, Rachel was NOT popular enough to bring back, and the already weak storyline will be strained by even MORE characters being woven in. Second, the gun idea is just flawed in general and Ryu apparently gets one too. Finally, PS3 exclusivity, especially after the sales comparison between Sigma and ANY of the other new NG titles.

Ah well, I'll probably get it and a PS3 anyway. Here's to hoping.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
GT has the same trailer I have. I think they are getting something else later, but I haven't seen it yet. If anyone needs assets for sigs or what have you, let me know. I have a bunch of full res artwork from the press kit.

If you have any art renders of Ryu, Ayane and Momiji, I am gladly to get them Wink

There are nobody else within NG universe that we can play as...except one, Joe Hayabusa.

I hope we get to see more of NGS2 and I hope that demo rumor hitting PSN is true.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
CyberEvil wrote:

If you have any art renders of Ryu, Ayane and Momiji, I am gladly to get them Wink

There are nobody else within NG universe that we can play as...except one, Joe Hayabusa.

I hope we get to see more of NGS2 and I hope that demo rumor hitting PSN is true.

same here regarding the press kit jewels Very Happy
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
Sath wrote:
CyberEvil wrote:

same here regarding the press kit jewels Very Happy

I don't want the ones that is on gamespot with white background with only character renders on it.

But if there is a art render, i am all for it, kind of like the official NGS2 site with Ryu on the front.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayane gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-ninja-gaiden/50069

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-ninja-gaiden/50072
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaten Razz

Anyway, sooooo awesome, bad player.

I thought the essence mist would be prett cool in motion, but now in proper gameplay it looks beauitful with good ammount of blood and "weapon sweep" with the blood.

Her wallrun is awesome, afterimage is very very cool, her UT is awesome (a bit slow, but awesome), and a AMAZING great NEW music, love it!
I knew we would be able to use her kunai's, but too bad we can't throw it like shurikens very fast.

Too bad they removed the siddham chanting when using ninpo, ah well.

Great gameplay.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to me the ayane gameplay looks boring, but that might be due to the incapability of the player to show off some cool stuff.
Though at least the animation looks extremely fluid. Ayane moves extremely fast, maybe even a bit faster than Ryu. But her attacks look weaker.
Who knows, Ryu might be even faster than in NG2.

At the end, the game somehow lost itīs intense feeling by all the purple mist and the not so aggressive behaviour from the AI. i guess they played Acolyte.

Just noticed that the camera works a bit better this time, doesnīt it?
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fixed up Ayane's model a bit. She looks better. I wish they would do the same to Sonia. I like Ayane's OTs. I think she'll still have the chant during her ninpo but only for the JP voice.

I'm not really feeling Ryu and that gun. His piercing void ninpo looks better. Rachel I don't mind so much with one but i don't think it suits her that much. Sonia would be the better option but she wouldn't have much else. And they better give Rachel her whip this time around.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm the gameplay was sort of boring and non aggressive, the player, playing as ayane sucks huge time, and I hope the aiming for ayanes kunai isnt a must, will be trouble some to aim during more aggressive combat. Overall the mist made the game feel weak, they didnt fix some of the enemies strikes that go thru you guard recovery time, so its safe to say its the same enemies with their annoying animations. Overall it was average.

As for adding rachel, whats with hiyashi and females, add some hayate, I m tired of the boobfest parade , my guess is NG3 will be the same, while i m up for all extra characters it would hurt to have an extra male for once.

Ayanes UT is beautiful , and ryus new phantom dash is even more fluid and amazing than ever, seems Marbus is back and ready to get trashed, hope he comes with an OT as well, as well as the other 4 greater fiends and crap rai dai.

Other than that, its all good
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
The fixed up Ayane's model a bit. She looks better. I wish they would do the same to Sonia. I like Ayane's OTs. I think she'll still have the chant during her ninpo but only for the JP voice.

I'm not really feeling Ryu and that gun. His piercing void ninpo looks better. Rachel I don't mind so much with one but i don't think it suits her that much. Sonia would be the better option but she wouldn't have much else. And they better give Rachel her whip this time around.

The gun is probably like the underwater gun, but this time on land. I for one, won't use it.

And I hope you are right about the chanting, JP voices might use it.

Here is the thing, even when NG2 didn't come out, the videos was plain boring, why? Because NG fans play the game much better than regular ones from game sites.
But once the demo came out and people youtubed it, and even when I played it, Ryu was incredible fast and fun compared to the videos were the player kept getting hit and did boring attacks.

My guess is its the same thing with Ayane here. The player got hit too much, didn't do much cool combos...etc. just made the vidoe boring.

But give it to a NG veteran and Ayane will be better.

However, the stop, aim, throw kunai move is gonna brake the pace, so I hope she will have shurikens.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayashi interview
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-ninja-gaiden/50171

I so want that background demo on PSN right now!

But no news on demo, release date...and Rachel was the final character they wanted, lame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: