ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden Sigma II trailer (2 new characters, co-op?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden Sigma II trailer (2 new characters, co-op?) Reply with quote

http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6206586/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-official-trailer?hd=1&tag=videos;hd;2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, a great trailer for NG II! :O

I think that's Momiji (from NG DS) and she's playable!

Quote:
The new version, which ships this fall, will include new playable characters, online co-op play, and other improvements

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22868

GameSpot: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: First Look:
http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6206597/?tag=topslot;img;1
Quote:

While this may sound like a straight port of the Xbox 360 Ninja Gaiden II, it's not. In fact, the game is getting a chunk of work done to it, everything from camera tweaks to all-new content, which will make Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 a meaty addition to the PlayStation 3 catalog.

Beyond new playable characters, Sigma 2 will feature an all-new online co-op mode that lets you and a friend team up to work your way through more than 30 challenge stages, which can be played in one of four difficulty settings.

According to Tecmo, there is roughly 30 percent more content in the single-player additions on top of the all-new co-op content.

Last edited by Mesharey on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Team NINJA
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly the coop is only for the mission mode, I hope they can add some middle size stages and not little arenas. The trailer is amazing and Momiji Laughing , I didn't expect that but I hope is not a retooled Rachel.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where the hell is OT?
I didn't even see so much decapitation moves nor OT.

It seemed like they only took the fast combat from NG2, and nothing else.

But the combat was great (if OT is in it), Ayane was awesome and her ninpo was great.
Momiji is in it, finally (too bad she doesn't have a sword, but who knows).

Online co-op...wow!
Anyone with a PS3, add me for future online co-op Very Happy

Anyway, Hayashi does not dissapoint, but only thing that bothers me is the damn OT and decapitations.
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, not having those blood effects and replacing them with those purple flame effects really does make the game look inferior to the 360 version, and some of the character movements are questionable (only if you nit pick). There was a decap in the footage, but no obliterations, which makes you wonder what they did to the violent aspect of this game.

BUT having playable Ayane and co-op seriously does make up for it.

If they were to release this in the form of a content upgrade to the 360 version, I'd say that would definitely be the GOD version of NG

Strange things:
    I question the point of including the first minute of that trailer.
    Some Hammer footage...looks like it has the Unlabored Flawlessness' Ultimate! meaning ESSENCE ABUSE TIME!
    I'm guessing that slight pause in the Ninpo and Izuna drop means "THIS is where you shake to power up"
    Anyone notice when Momoji did her UT, she charged up in the air rather than did an on-land UT
    What the hell are Ryu and Ayane nuking with there Ninpo?
    Ninja Gaiden 1 Pink Fiends return (2:23)
    And is that Marbus??????
    What a stupid chopper. It turned right into the buddha!

slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sath theres OTs in the game, but it seems the game is censored kinda or they are using the colors as the real blood . BUT I LOVE THE GAME and trailer, i wish it had used another music track., plus the graphics is way better than the xbox counterpart.

Sath, if you want to know where the OT is , check the part of the trailer where ryu and ayane fight together, You will see that he uses Scythe OT and stabs the head of the 6 legged robot and drags him to the other side, So OTs are in the game. Even momiji had one ninja leaping and without a leg. DAMN I CANT WAIT FOR THIS, i keep rewatching ayanes aerial move. Badass plus the visuals are superb, feels like another game.

Last edited by slickcat on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed when Momiji cut off the soldiers legs off he kept moving towards her, but they didn't show the scene after that to do a OT...but with Hayashi you don't know, I just hope there is OT because I saw some decapitations there.

I love the visual effect, and it looks exactly how i imagined it to look like in motion.
I don't know if it is censored or thats the way it is, but I didn't see any blood coming out...however, rememer the images, there is a small amount of blood there WITH visual effects, so I am good with it.

The music is a edited version of Fighting Soul, but I wished they used a whole new track like they did with NGS trailer.

In terms of characters, holy crap Ayane is badass, her ninpo was great, packed a punch.
Momiji, I don't like her weapon, wish it was more like slick looking spear, the weapon is like the same one in SC serious that Sueng Mina (i think) uses.

I hope we can change weapons for Ayane and Momiji...and who knows, more characters perhaps...Hayate (I can wish can't I).

I wish we could go online co-op Slickcat, you need to fix that somehow Wink

But tomorrow is 25th and there is no doubt that there will be a second batch of NGS 2 related, and their teaser site goes online. I want to know what this PSN announcement was for the game.
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Momiji looked familiar... May be just a coincidence, but does anyone else think her return was inspired by this figurine/character?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10076747
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some similairities.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats it ppl im geting me a PS3!
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh at the people saying that NGS2 is gonna be a port of NG2...the trailer showed so much that it is different, ALOT.
The replay value is much more, you got Ayane and Momiji, and on top of that, online co-op...with missions modes, weapons.

My friend Slickcat proofed to me that there is OT in the game, and I saw it in the trailer, YES!
But the blood is a bit dissapointing, but the visual effects and how they made it is amazing.

Mohsin...get on it! Wink
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
I laugh at the people saying that NGS2 is gonna be a port of NG2...the trailer showed so much that it is different, ALOT.
The replay value is much more, you got Ayane and Momiji, and on top of that, online co-op...with missions modes, weapons.

My friend Slickcat proofed to me that there is OT in the game, and I saw it in the trailer, YES!
But the blood is a bit dissapointing, but the visual effects and how they made it is amazing.

Mohsin...get on it! Wink

yes when i seen the screen shot and seen there was no blood i didnít think much of it but now it looks like they might be going with this new style it looks good but i think thy should keep the blood

and yes i am
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is blood in there, look at this one

There is blood, but not in the same amount in NG2.
I noticed that pretty much in all attacks in NGS2 trailer, there were so little blood that you don't notice it.

Some say it is censored, some say it is the new style to add the visual effects in.
I personally want the visual effects in it, as long as there is blood in the game little or much and have powerful visual effects like Ryus aerial attack in the beginning that led to a Izuna Drop, looked amazing!

The visual effect looks like Ryu in SF4 when he charges a big Hadoken, or when Ryu charges his weapons for a UT.
Looks like it sucks in energy.

Like this, but better.
mohsin117
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o man the effects of the UT are very very cool i rally do like this ne visual effect style but i dont want them to drop the blood at al not even a little is sort of become a signature of NG
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blood was a signature of Itagaki for his next-gen NG, not Hayashi's.
There is blood in NGS 2, but absolutely reduced, not as much as it was in NG2.
I gotta be honest and say that the blood in NG2 was great to see because it packed a punch and really felt like you were slicing them deadly.

But the visuals effects for me looks very great to forget about it.

One thing I noticed is that Momiji is doing a AIR UT.
Look at the trailer and look after the time - 02:02
In the trailer, look when Momiji cuts of a soldiers leg off and then attacks two soldiers and heads on over to one of them, in the background there is a blue orb floating, she jumps in the air and chargees her weapon and it glows red and you see the blu orb was quickly drawned to Momiji and you even hear the orb grab sound.

I talked to Slickcat about air UTs and how freaking badass it would be and if Hayashi has added that to all the character or even only for Momiji, I will cry.
It feels like everything I talked to Slickcat on how I wanted NG2 to be, in details, it is in NGS 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: