ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Really pissin me off, technical faults, not gameplay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinug
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Really pissin me off, technical faults, not gameplay Reply with quote

Somehow, whether it be my copy of NG2, my HDD, or my 360, my system preferences (for the game) have been deleted. Upon loading NG2 main screen, it asks whether I would like to create new ones. Of course, me not know what it's talking about, click OK. Now it doesn't recognize my New Game + (lvl 1 weapons), my PotA costume that I unlocked, nor my 20some odd skulls I have collected throughout my first play through.

My question is this: Has anyone experienced this happening, or know the solution and or source of the problem? Is my 360 just about at the end of the line? It is an old '06 model and has been through a bit. RR'd on me once, sent to MS, etc... On my first run through on PotA, I experienced flawless gameplay. However, half way through Ch1 of PotW, I experienced lag, temporary game freezes, and even a disc read error (common, I'll live with it, but could it have caused file deletion?).

Any help or insight would be magnificent. I'm really dreading collecting every skull again, and having to catch up to where I was before.

One last quick question: If I beat the game on PotW, will I unlock the costume for PotA? Or will I have to do yet another run through?

Thank you,
-Tinug
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only beat path of the warrior and unlocked two costumes, they even gave me acolyte achievement.
Tinug
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for replying. I've posted my problem not only here, but on another NG forum. As of yet, you are the only one who has replied.

I'm going to return my copy tomorrow and get a new one in hopes that it's just a faulty disc.

Until then, I've renewed hopes to play through PotW and reacquire my due rewards, and not have to reply PotA.
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the game is buggy btw, it froze twice on me on while loading Sad

and with itagaki leaving dunno if we will get a patch, really crap situation.

btw, if it happens again, might be a hard drive problem, you might need to get a new one.
IZIEIRIOI
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to my friend, deleted his crystal skulls and preferences.
He got to chapter 10 and when he got to the bit with the acid the enemies didn't appear so he couldn't get anywhere.
It might be you Xbox 360, because I borrowed his copy of the game and it worked perfectly.
He has an elite model though.
The same thing happened to him on devil may cry 4 but it worked fine for me.
Hope that helped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: