ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

So what do you think of the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
The first half of level one was the worse part on Master so far. I'm nearing the end of level three now. The first of level 3 was easier on master than on mentor. If is wasn't for the projectiles master would actually be way easier in this game cause the AI is so stupid. It's like fighting retarded kids with pockets full of rocks. Sure they're retarded and you can trick them but man they've got a lot of rocks.

Weirdest thing is that the closer you are, they start to shoot more frequently. Even those one missile shooters start to shoot it like a puny pistol.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the missile maching guns. I hope it becomes a downloadable weapon.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
Just started playing on path of the Master. This game is only meant to be played on Warrior and lower as far as I'm concerned. There is simply to many projectiles and they all track whether you roll or jump to the side. I actually feel like I playing Ikaruga there is so much shooting involved. It's not the correct type of difficulty, just cheapness. I finished Sigma on MN and at one point had the #2 score at just over 20 million. I'm still in the top ten. It's not the same kind of difficulty. The game also just lacks general polish.

-Terrible camera that focuses on Ryu and not the enemy you are facing

-Multiple glitches ( collision, enemies moving and shooting through walls, freezing crazy loading in strange places, etc...)

-Enemies that just appear

-Boss fights are terrible on Mentor and above. Bosses cancel their recovery into impossible dodges and throw whenever they want.

-Foolish projectile tracking, totally negating your ability to roll and block.

The game is just thrown together. Where are the missions? You just know they are going sell it to us. Where are the costumes? Thanks for the leopard spots for beating Mentor. You know they are gonna sell you the cool ones. Where is the tense sword fights? The AI behaves like the zombies from 28 days later, they are just better equipped. Where are the armlets? The overworld? Coolest secret weapons like the DDB and the UF? Itagaki threw this together because he knew he was leaving or because MS rushed him to get it out to compete with MGS4. If you just want to goof around on Acolyte then it's fine but if you play seriously on the higher levels this game is not worth your time. I'm only finishing Master difficulty out of pure hatred.

Sath wrote:
ultrasinc wrote:

- Roll/Dash:
Dash does feel less responsive than Roll, as 1/ you can't do it ANY time, it HAS to be timed, which makes you continuously flick at the thumbstick at times screaming "GET OUT OF THERE DANGIT!", and 2/ you can't do anything mid dash like you could with roll (e.g. jump, attack, shuriken).
Also I too think Dash doesn't look as cool as Roll. Fix: They should let you choose between them, and balance them in battle. But then again, the balancing is already done: Dash has less responsive manoeuvres, Roll has less counter positioning and longer.

I agree with you soooo much.

There has been so many WTF moments were I pressed to dodge but I either get hit or grabbed because he didn't dash away.

In NG you could do it anytime and as fast as you wanted, even after each hit you could do it.

What they should have done was, dash forward, roll on sides, backflip for going back...thats balancing and is more "realistic" if you look at it that way.

PS. The dashing is useless at most times, you are still vulnerble to it because Ryus body is still in the length of height to the enemies hitting attacks or grabs.

But if he did a roll it would be easier and more flexible because on roll, you are so low to the ground the enemy can't hit you with their normal attack or grab you, which to me that is a dodge.

Damn you Itagaki for making it look cool, but not excecuted well!

Atleast here we know who has a better design in terms of dodging mechanic, Hayashi.
He introduced the backflip which was awesome, even when Ryu does it with one hand and the other hand he had a weapon, so awesome!

This is the reason why I am not in any doubt Hayashi will make great NG titles in the future with Team NINJA.

I have to agree with both of you soooooo much. You pointed out all the cheap things that show the superiority of NG/NGB compared to NG2

I really hope that Iīll revise this statement sometimes.
"This game feels absolutely unfinished."

NG/NGB were both also freaking hard at the beginning, but always gave me the feeling that itīs worth to focus on improving my timing, strategy, learning enemy patterns etc. However NG2 due to itīs cheap difficulty gives me the feeling that this efforts would be pointless.
But hey, as NG/NGB taught me, You musnīt give up too early.
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the biggest problems is the projectiles. I swear I barely get hit by anything else, which is why only the parts with exploding arrows and incendiary shurikens give me any trouble. I know what the problem is though.

- They upped the tracking like crazy!! Dashing isn't nearly as evasive as rolling used to be so even some basic projectiles will hit you more than they should (mage fireballs for one)

-This is the big problem. Rather than enemies projectiles being timed they can fire again as some as the other projectile has hit it's destination. That is why rocket guys and shurikens guys fire so fast when you are close(because the projectiles get to you faster and they are triggered to fire again) . They don't have a "reload" time per se, just firing whenever the other projectile has been spent.

Fix these and the game is top notch. At least balance wise. The bugs are still not cool.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
One of the biggest problems is the projectiles. I swear I barely get hit by anything else, which is why only the parts with exploding arrows and incendiary shurikens give me any trouble. I know what the problem is though.

- They upped the tracking like crazy!! Dashing isn't nearly as evasive as rolling used to be so even some basic projectiles will hit you more than they should (mage fireballs for one)

-This is the big problem. Rather than enemies projectiles being timed they can fire again as some as the other projectile has hit it's destination. That is why rocket guys and shurikens guys fire so fast when you are close(because the projectiles get to you faster and they are triggered to fire again) . They don't have a "reload" time per se, just firing whenever the other projectile has been spent.

Fix these and the game is top notch. At least balance wise. The bugs are still not cool.

I noticed the insta-blast close up rockets.

Not even fix that part, just have the rocket guys drop the rockets when you get within 15 feet, and it would be fine. I can do everything fine until i get to that last ten feet or so. Then I have to spam shurikens like mad to keep them from firing, or they just blow me to bits because I can't insta dash.

Then again, when i block the rockets and phantom dash, I get better results.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Rubix42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, lighting up the rocketeers with shurikens is fine and dandy, except when you have 2 right next to each other. I almost always end up using a ninpo or take a ton of damage.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is just no way around it sometimes I see.

>.<
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma system... not sure if this is more broken or not. Anyway, I did make it to 51th place in leader boards with my normal playstyle. Today. Not sure if my place went down between these 6 hours.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
There is just no way around it sometimes I see.

>.<

I can avoid them pretty easily on Mentor, dash in a zig-zag motion to them then when you're close either flying swallow to stun them (then you're behind them giving you an easy kill) of if you are confident, try and dash around them, this works too. It's the best thing to do against the rocket spamming guys, dash around them untill they stop firing and izuna drop.
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So gonna laugh at NGB's MNM after I beat this game in MNM... Thats gonna be blast for sure.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just beat it, this is without a doubt my personal GOTY.

only thing need fixing is the framerate, everything else is pretty much rock solid.
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll change your tune if you decide to play it on at least mentor!! Seriously. The higher difficulties on Black were a beautiful test of skill. These are a cheap shallow test of patience.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys do the tests of valor on Mentor? The first one is giving me a lot of trouble.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ oh god that test was a bytch. I barly made it!
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Did you guys do the tests of valor on Mentor? The first one is giving me a lot of trouble.

The way I did it in Mentor/MN was lvl 2 claws and spammed lots of Flying swallow to Izuna drop combo. Sometimes UT if I saw opportunity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: