ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

So what do you think of the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theme34xcp
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xion wrote:
whoever tried to compare Ninja Gaiden 2 to Assasin's Creed? youre comparing for no reason..

I mentioned the gameplay is better, undoubdetly, and plenty good additions to the gameplay, but duh, that is what you expect from the sequel..it may be easy for you to disregard the problems with the camera, but your going to have to start acknowledging it as a problem eventually..would some better textures have made the game better? no, not really... could it have been more polished? yes..there is no sense in having an opinion about something if your choosing to ignore the game's flaws, you need to take everything into account, the good and the bad..

but again, its a great game. Idea

^^ this is true. But one this is Why are you taking alldin's post so seriously? Hes just pointing out what he thinks.

Dont get so defensive, its all good. We're all here to relax and chat =) No sense in taking a debating matter into a full blown arguement, but im sure the Mod/admins will stop it in time.

Anyway...

Most of the things Xion said is true. I seriously get annyoed with the difficulty of the game, even as the Lowest level... I have got the game for .. 5 days and I am on level5 =(. I suck, sadly but truethfully, and i prolly wont beat the game for a loing time to come..

There are some parts that pisses me off and some parts just make me want to cry with joy Laughing
I would rate this game 8.7, just a little better then Xions Rate.
Xion
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: xion4360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not being defensive to his post, he is entitled to his opinion. But there are faults and they should be acknowledged, thats all. His post seems to go directly against some of the flaws that both me and Sath pointed out, and just saying -what's wrong with this- because he doesnt think the same isnt right to our perspective.

Final Fantasy 360 Forums-Join Now!
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game comes out Thursday for me. But having played the demo for weeks, I think the game needs 3 priority fixes:

- Camera:
In DOA, VF and most fighting games they managed to blur/invis all objects and walls between the camera and the fighters. THAT should be done.
If patching to do that isn't possible, they should invent a rigid camera mode, i.e. God of War Camera, or place some "Camera shall not move here" areas.
But considering how linear the stages are, I'm surprised that any camera problems exist... Seriously, just invent rails for the camera to follow

- Roll/Dash:
Dash does feel less responsive than Roll, as 1/ you can't do it ANY time, it HAS to be timed, which makes you continuously flick at the thumbstick at times screaming "GET OUT OF THERE DANGIT!", and 2/ you can't do anything mid dash like you could with roll (e.g. jump, attack, shuriken).
Also I too think Dash doesn't look as cool as Roll. Fix: They should let you choose between them, and balance them in battle. But then again, the balancing is already done: Dash has less responsive manoeuvres, Roll has less counter positioning and longer.

- Enemies:
I've read enough to say they should simply just remove any pointless+frustrating encounters similar to the 2nd tank in NG1...
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Chapter 8 now on Warrior and there have been so far two instances that made me toss my controller. Almost. First was the boss of Chapter 3. He was annoying. Then, the subboss in Chapter 6. His attacks are insanely hard to dodge and do alot of damage. Other then that, the game is enjoyable so far. Camera sometimes jerks up, but I found it only in two instances annoying. Overall, it is a great game, but it doesn't have the OOMPH that NG/NGB had when it was released.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ultrasinc wrote:

- Roll/Dash:
Dash does feel less responsive than Roll, as 1/ you can't do it ANY time, it HAS to be timed, which makes you continuously flick at the thumbstick at times screaming "GET OUT OF THERE DANGIT!", and 2/ you can't do anything mid dash like you could with roll (e.g. jump, attack, shuriken).
Also I too think Dash doesn't look as cool as Roll. Fix: They should let you choose between them, and balance them in battle. But then again, the balancing is already done: Dash has less responsive manoeuvres, Roll has less counter positioning and longer.

I agree with you soooo much.

There has been so many WTF moments were I pressed to dodge but I either get hit or grabbed because he didn't dash away.

In NG you could do it anytime and as fast as you wanted, even after each hit you could do it.

What they should have done was, dash forward, roll on sides, backflip for going back...thats balancing and is more "realistic" if you look at it that way.

PS. The dashing is useless at most times, you are still vulnerble to it because Ryus body is still in the length of height to the enemies hitting attacks or grabs.

But if he did a roll it would be easier and more flexible because on roll, you are so low to the ground the enemy can't hit you with their normal attack or grab you, which to me that is a dodge.

Damn you Itagaki for making it look cool, but not excecuted well!

Atleast here we know who has a better design in terms of dodging mechanic, Hayashi.
He introduced the backflip which was awesome, even when Ryu does it with one hand and the other hand he had a weapon, so awesome!

This is the reason why I am not in any doubt Hayashi will make great NG titles in the future with Team NINJA.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what he said
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said he said.
ultrasinc
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what some Aussies think of the game so far (It was an IGN competition where winning meant you got to playtest the game for a day... I shoulda joined if not for dammed assignments...)

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/686645/ninja-gaiden-ii/videos/ignau_tastetest.html;jsessionid=jwtzbe44agzf
Oboro
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started playing on path of the Master. This game is only meant to be played on Warrior and lower as far as I'm concerned. There is simply to many projectiles and they all track whether you roll or jump to the side. I actually feel like I playing Ikaruga there is so much shooting involved. It's not the correct type of difficulty, just cheapness. I finished Sigma on MN and at one point had the #2 score at just over 20 million. I'm still in the top ten. It's not the same kind of difficulty. The game also just lacks general polish.

-Terrible camera that focuses on Ryu and not the enemy you are facing

-Multiple glitches ( collision, enemies moving and shooting through walls, freezing crazy loading in strange places, etc...)

-Enemies that just appear

-Boss fights are terrible on Mentor and above. Bosses cancel their recovery into impossible dodges and throw whenever they want.

-Foolish projectile tracking, totally negating your ability to roll and block.

The game is just thrown together. Where are the missions? You just know they are going sell it to us. Where are the costumes? Thanks for the leopard spots for beating Mentor. You know they are gonna sell you the cool ones. Where is the tense sword fights? The AI behaves like the zombies from 28 days later, they are just better equipped. Where are the armlets? The overworld? Coolest secret weapons like the DDB and the UF? Itagaki threw this together because he knew he was leaving or because MS rushed him to get it out to compete with MGS4. If you just want to goof around on Acolyte then it's fine but if you play seriously on the higher levels this game is not worth your time. I'm only finishing Master difficulty out of pure hatred.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
ultrasinc wrote:

- Roll/Dash:

I agree with you soooo much.

There has been so many WTF moments were I pressed to dodge but I either get hit or grabbed because he didn't dash away.

In NG you could do it anytime and as fast as you wanted, even after each hit you could do it.

What they should have done was, dash forward, roll on sides, backflip for going back...thats balancing and is more "realistic" if you look at it that way.

PS. The dashing is useless at most times, you are still vulnerble to it because Ryus body is still in the length of height to the enemies hitting attacks or grabs.

But if he did a roll it would be easier and more flexible because on roll, you are so low to the ground the enemy can't hit you with their normal attack or grab you, which to me that is a dodge.

Damn you Itagaki for making it look cool, but not excecuted well!

Atleast here we know who has a better design in terms of dodging mechanic, Hayashi.
He introduced the backflip which was awesome, even when Ryu does it with one hand and the other hand he had a weapon, so awesome!

This is the reason why I am not in any doubt Hayashi will make great NG titles in the future with Team NINJA.

You think Hayashi is a better NG developer because he made a backflip?

You all realize that if you dash the instant an attack connects, then you get the phantom dash with invincibility frames, right?

Geese, whine whine whine whine.

And Itagaki still made black, which is better in most places than sigma, so in a completely gay gamfaqs response.

Itagaki > Hayashi

Yeah, I went there
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice in theory but with all the all the explosions, bad camera angles and slowdown it hard timing to get consistantly. Also sitting there blocking is garbage when you've got throw happy enemies and guard breaking explosions everywhere.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, i like ur comments oboro, i read 3 times and I cant stop laughing . All i can say is DANGG
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
Itagaki threw this together because he knew he was leaving

I couldn't agree more, I think it's Itagaki's final attempt at revenge and I to am on POTMN and it's like a old chair thats falling apart.
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Oboro!

Their projectiles are extremely difficault to avoid, from incendiary shurikens form red ninjas to multiple missile soldiers to archers.
It feels like the AI is locked on to you and is about to hit you as soon as the it has a straight line of contact and they will release...10% chance to avoid it.

Whos stupid idea was it that 3 herbs for devil and health would be enough?

This is what was on NG...

Health Elixir:

Easy - 10
Normal - 5
Hard+ - 3

Same goes to the rest of items you get, except Talisman, which wa slike 3 or 5 depending.

Here, no matter what difficaulty you play, its always the same, which is VERY low.

3 health herbs and devil herbs, 1 talisman, 3 full health potion.

This game has alot of bad game designs to it, which makes it unbalanced!

And another thing is the attacks from the enemies.

Bosses won't do damage to their minions, no matter what.

In NG, every boss that had minions could hit their minions if they came infront of their attacks, here, nothing!

Explosives...too much, no attack for their partner.

Enemies shoots rockets and throws incendiary shurikens and these things blows up like fireworks in a new year and not a single hit to their enemy that is standing right next to the explosion, or even in the middle of it, NG had it.

This isn'thard, this is cheap and bad game design that I have no idea why they did this.

If Itagaki thinks this is his best NG yet, he is stupid...unless Hayashi makes some david copperfield magic and creates a DLC to fix all these things, or atleast make it balanced, like NG2 Black.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oboro wrote:
That's nice in theory but with all the all the explosions, bad camera angles and slowdown it hard timing to get consistantly. Also sitting there blocking is garbage when you've got throw happy enemies and guard breaking explosions everywhere.

I suppose I'll have to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: