ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

So what do you think of the game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow well seems like there is afterall someone that dissliked the game a bit....

but I personaly think this is the best NG ever made... I cant expect more from Itakagi.

This game has everything,.... blood, weapons, enemies... everything. best game ever... LOVE IT!
Ninpojanne
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love this game. Combat is many times faster and Izuna drop spamming isn't needed always. And favourite weapons are scythe, claws and dual swords. But annoying thing is that my game froze when I watched leaderboards and had to restart whole xbox.

And sometimes getting these 5 sec X 3 freezing sessions

and I couldn't fight...
Hidden: 
...the worm boss in Chapter 3 because two last enemies went to other side of the van in last room and I couldn't go back there or kill them with projectiles... had to load game after that.

Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Capn Sparky1976

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ninpojanne, that chapter 3 spoiler....

It's just that this game's AI is incredible. Those two guys just figured how not to get killed by Ryu, it's not a bug! Smile
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, either the give us the old dodge roll back, or they remove enemy projectiles. The first game was about recognizing enemy attacks and dodging accordingly. In this, you see the attack coming and just say "fvck it!" because you can't dodge it anyway.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Ninpojanne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Sparky1976 wrote:
Hey Ninpojanne, that chapter 3 spoiler....

It's just that this game's AI is incredible. Those two guys just figured how not to get killed by Ryu, it's not a bug! Smile

I would have been able to kill them with arrows. But didn't have any of those left so I tried with shurikes... One of the five from 6 series did hit. Didn't want to waste my time forever in those as they did have full hp. Still wondering how did they get to other side. Clever ******ds. Violent
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I checked the leaderboards to see what rank I was on, and I think it was around 700-1000...and I noticed that people had the falcon logo for the recording next to their name, I got surprised.

I thought that to be able to upload you got to be around top 50 or 20 or so...but I went up in leaderboards list to see when the uploading rank begins and I saw people who ranked around 1500 had videos uploaded, which made me happy.

I am surprised I am below 1000, atleast not this quick and I don't run for karmas, but hey if this is the case I am happy for it!
DC R1D3R
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: DC R1D3R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NG2 is sick! Easily the best action game I've played since NGB. The combat is the most brutal and high-octane I've yet witnessed in a video game :]

Itagaki delivered.
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC R1D3R wrote:
NG2 is sick! Easily the best action game I've played since NGB. The combat is the most brutal and high-octane I've yet witnessed in a video game :]

Itagaki delivered.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU Very Happy
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki under delivered some parts actually...no unlockable mission mode-likes, no unlockable costumes (colors doesn't count).
The lack of uploading options, for example not being able to send videos to friends directly through gamerprofile within the leadeboards menu.

But the rest was top notch with some flaws here and there that I have mentioned before that I don't think it is necessary needed to be said again.
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game rocks cocks all over my balls. In a good way. And not a gay way either <_<

Only things I dislike are the fact that bosses take SO MUCH DAMAGE, and the camera... and... the Crystal Skulls doing nothing but increase Karma, which is nice, but I want rewards :p. Its bloody, OT's are awesome and very useful, ect.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got it today and O_o!! Very Happy PERFECT!! I'm already on chapter 6 and i'm doing it in Acolyte first and then in Warrior. But the greater bosses (Alexei & Genshin) till now for me were to easy I expected more. However, love the game and i'm gonna be pretty busy on it.
Xion
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: xion4360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that ive had plenty of time to gather my impressions, ill post them now

First of all, if i were to score the game right now, i would give it an 8.5 out fo 10

First the good part- The gameplay is amazingly deep, pin point accurate, super super fast and exhilarating. When you really gather yourself, and focus, the speed of it all and the amount of things happening can fill your senses to the point where you almost feel like your high with adrenaline. It can be that insane. There is a good variety of environments, and they each look different from the last, sometimes remarkably different. A Quality that i found to be seemingly lost in gaming recently. The graphics are pretty sharp for the most part, and undoubtedly better than any other Team Ninja game, however, it lacks that very high level of polish that Team Ninja games usually have, and that is where the bad begins.

The game just is far from perfect, the gameplay is there, and its as good as you can hope for, but other aspects of the game hold it back. Seeing a framedrop, or screentear in a team ninja game was usually rare, but in NG2 theres plenty of it at times..usually its a clean 60fps with no performance issues, but later into the game every now and then youll see a framedrop, and thats perfectly acceptable, but there is one part of the game in particular where the framerate slows to a crawl..its understandable considering what is happening, but it just seems to strange of Team Ninja to do it, if they couldnt do it without sacraficing the quality like that. Another aspect of the graphics is some inconsitency in the quality of the levels..its not the level design, no amount of polish was going to change that if that is what they were going to do, its just that a couple areas just look unfinished..most notably is a cave at the games final stage (not chapter, stage) you go from this huge open environment with incredibly sharp textures, to this drap, flat, Xbox or even PS2 quality cave Confused really...they needed more time to polish certain things, and they just didnt have it. Its really just the 2 cave levels that look drab, and the submit or Die chapter also lacks some polish. Most of the game thankfuklly, looks excellent, the new york stage in particular looks amazing.

the other problem with the game is that its just too friggin hard..on path of the acolyte you can get through and its just hard enough to be enjoyable and fun, but once you get to the later parts of the game in path of the warrior, it just becomes insane. For most people with atleast a bit of skill, its incredibly frustrating, and its not all the fault of the player. The camera starts to become a problem when enemies surround you constantly. Its frustrating to have all these black ninjas surrounding you, and constantly throwing exploding shurikens, and later in the game it just becomes cheap to be fighting a ton of enemies that swoop in from all directions, you cant keep up with them, the damn dogs that constantly knock you down and try to rip you apart and are too damn fast, and later not only do you have to think about evading the fireballs thrown at you from other enemies, but also the completely random balls of fire coming at you from the mountain of lava in the background...seriously Itagaki, what the hell is this about. I would understand if that kind of barrage of attacks was coming at you in the hard difficulty, but on normal? its just too much.

Repeating bosses is one thing i was not expecting, but found anyway, you fight all the greater fiends again at the end, its mostly alright, and some fights are different enough to be cool doing over, but its allways anoying to fight some boss you allready killed..and there is no sense in fighting Genshin 4 times, 2 or 3 would have been enough. The last thing i dont like about the game is the tone..it just takes itself too seriously, there is absolutely no charm to the game, nothing that will make you even chuckle, except maybe over how stupid it all is. I know its the end of the world and all, but a little humor, coming from someone, anyone, would have been apreciated..this is where Devil May Cry wins over Ninja Gaiden..the story. As cliche and completely stupid as they both are, atleast devil may cry is fun to watch happen and has its moments, the story in Ninja Gaiden 2 is just pure BS and..well thats all their is to say about that. They could have atleast tried a little bit harder, it doesnt take that much effort to come up with an interesting story.

as much as i probably seem to hate the game, i dont. Its flawed but completely saved by how absolutely jaw droppingly awesome the gameplay is. It's not the kind of quality that you expect from Team Ninja, but its one of those games that you have to atleast rent, and if you really like it, you have alot to dig into, this is a hardcore gamers game, and it shows. I thought the reviews were crazy, but i actually agree with most of them now.

I focused alot on the negative, but i think thats what is worth mentioning more than what we know is good. My 2cents anyway..

Final Fantasy 360 Forums-Join Now!
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats pretty much to read, but here is what I say short about the game...

I personaly think it deserves a 9/10...

sure the camera is not the best there is, but its not the worst eather, its still like the old one to me.

the textures of the creatures and demons are incredible, some enviroments dont have good looking textures,
but does it realy matter? What makes it better if it did have a good texture then.... nothing.

the combat is suprising better, faster and more brutal than ever, now features with better UT and including
this Obliteration Technique.... each limbs have diffrent OT for different weapons.

there are 8 weapons.... dragon sword, lunar, dual katanas and vigoorian flails are back in the game....
but the weapons have even more combos than ever before.

all the weapons have different combos, on the prevous game the weapons were much familiar to each others.
Example:

Dabilahro - Warhammer- Dark Dragon
Vigoorian Flail - Nunchako
Dragon Sword - Kitetsu - Wooden Sword

many weapons but very familiar to each other, and now 8 weapons with their own style.

New ninpos, preform ninpos while running on water, lock targets and insane powerfull.

The chapters are bigger than before, lots of fighting, new AI System, more challenge, new bosses.

what else do you want actually.. ?? Sure Assassisns Creed was awesome game but that game
did reach a 9/10 when the combat wasnt that deep as Ninja Gaiden II.

Compare Assassins Creed and Ninja Gaiden 2, I find the NG2 more fun to play and kill everyone than
go hiding places all the time.

dont you agree?

and comparing this to SIGMA, well sure SIGMA was a easier game than NG BLACK, and they removed
the running on water part were you tap the button to run, ... I think its better to tap the button to you can
actually feel like ure preforming the runing rather than just holding the analog stick.

and like Sath said that the bosses and some enemies are a joke, whats so joke about them?

The metallic worm is awesome, the giant turtle like boss is also damn awesome, the water dragon is the coolest of them all....

wouldnt the electric and fire worms be also a joke on the old NG games? or that Dinasoure bone boss....

the enemies are way too cool, I mean the soldier enemies with those big ass weapons are the best ones.
Thats what I call a real enemy thats coming to kill you for sure...

I think this game is a great sequel, everything is new and good to me....

who said that its easy to be a Ninja...? A true Ninja struggles alot too....

Last edited by alldin on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, i laughed at the story.

Some of those lines were hilarious.

Like, alexgay, him just talking through the second time, funny as hell. He just doesn't know if he like men or women, and he's trying a woman first.!

And Joe and Genshin, their talk was too funnY!

And Elizabet, that damn ninja, i lul'd.

I like the ending though, nothing cheesy bout it. Very sobering actually, to me at least, and I loved the credits, and that last scene. Reminds me of a nuclear holocaust kind of.

Its all good man.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: xion4360

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoever tried to compare Ninja Gaiden 2 to Assasin's Creed? youre comparing for no reason..

I mentioned the gameplay is better, undoubdetly, and plenty good additions to the gameplay, but duh, that is what you expect from the sequel..it may be easy for you to disregard the problems with the camera, but your going to have to start acknowledging it as a problem eventually..would some better textures have made the game better? no, not really... could it have been more polished? yes..there is no sense in having an opinion about something if your choosing to ignore the game's flaws, you need to take everything into account, the good and the bad..

but again, its a great game. Idea

Final Fantasy 360 Forums-Join Now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: