ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Boss strategy thread *Spoilers!*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Boss strategy thread *Spoilers!* Reply with quote

Just a place to collect strategies on the bosses.

Strategy for ALL Greater Fiends so far seems to be spam Divine Swallow, which is very much disappointing.

Genshin, just make him whiff and do a three-hit string then roll away and wait again. Very simple 30 second encounters.

The ogre, keep your distance and use the UT for Incendiary shurikens. Once he drops down slash at his head or go for the OT if you can get the timing.

Tunnel boss...pray. Seriously, I barely survived what should have been an easy battle. Stupid.

Water dragon, do not move from the slab of broken pillar you start on. Spam Fiends Bane Bow UTs, gleaming blade when he shoots his dagger projectiles or ghost fish. Simple. Don't forget to wait until his shockwave attack actually starts coming to dodge or it will hit you.

Those are my basic, first-time through strategies for some of the bosses on Warrior. If you're on Acolyte they will definitely work. Anyone else got anything? I was kinda blazing through last night and beat 9 chapters in around four hours...o_0

EDIT: Game is done. For the Armadillos everyone is having so much trouble with, I have an easy fix and it helped one of our own (gamertag is irfan, I forget his name on here!) already. Just use your Piercing Void ninpo and manually aim it at the head. 3 shots will take them down to a OT if you have it leveled, maybe a couple more or a few bow UTs if you don't. Very simple. Smile

Last edited by CyberEvil on Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Genshin I definitely just dodged around and did small combos when he was in recovery.

The subway boss took awhile, but I learned all of his attacks then set out to beat him. The fish are easy, and both a gleaming blade or the YYY combo of the lvl2 lunar will kill most of the fish, the problem is just timing it. Then you just shoot him in the face with bow UT's. Definitley face hits, because they do more than twice as much damage as any other hit. I also got him to fall down for a bit, then ran up to his face and OT'd his ass. The big problem was guessing when he was going to shoot you, fish you, or just ram you. If he shoots you just have to haul ass to his side/behind him, and he won't get ya. If he rams ya, you just have to be far away. GB or lunar the fish. Still an ass pain though.

The troll, i fought up close, didn't even think of IS. I just dodged each blow and did a running slash with the DS. That worked well, but i took more damage than i should have.

Alex-gay I didn't even try to flying swallow, but took the same path as Genshin. His attacks are a little bit harder to dodge, and he is a throw happy fatherless child. But, after his downward stop attack and after a missed throw he is open to a very long string, all five hits of the DS's XXXXX attack got him. I just did that over and over. Didn't care much for the arena though, kinda stupid.

I'm in the middle of chapter five, and I'm hating the water combat.
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the tunnel boss, I just stood around and charged the Eclipse UT, prayed I was facing the right way, hit it a few times after the UT, and retreated to a nearby room.

The Chapter 10 Boss is pathetic. Just spam the Eclipse UT.

Last edited by Dances w Ninjas on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final boss is soooo cheap...
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a video of the Chapter 5 boss: http://www.ninjafortress.org/view/23/chapter-5-boss-water-dragon/

He takes a lot of damage if you attack his head.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final boss (the REAL final boss...ugh) strategy: Divine Swallow, ninpo during beam, pray.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray is the word. Laughing
RYU81
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Final boss (the REAL final boss...ugh) strategy: Divine Swallow, ninpo during beam, pray.

you can post your strategy for final boss (the big one?)
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have the game but i saw the vid, my advice is to spam 360 Y with dual sword, it zaps alot of his bar... and yeah pray, coz i dont see anyways of dogding his beam
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final form of last boss: Run up to his shoulder blade, not directy in front of his face or too close to his arms. Equip Scythe, jump and press YY to do the spinning attack and keep doing it until he moves away from the platform. This way he won't be able to grab you, and you can sometimes sneak under his mouth when he does the beam attack. That or use ninpo. Then just dodge the meteors in the back and his electricity attack, and wait for him to go back on the platform to attack his legs.
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RYU81 wrote:
CyberEvil wrote:

you can post your strategy for final boss (the big one?)

That's not the final boss. For that one, just do Bow UTs over and over. Hit head, hit blue orb, hit head hit blue orb, blah blah. Not hard. Shouldn't take more than a hit or two.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to the people offering strats with different weapons...I'm doing the weapon master achievements. Got my Dragon Sword one already. So using other weapons isn't an option, but it's not too hard anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: