ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Actual confirmation of NewGame+ and...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 1545
Location: the XNinjas dojo
Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Actual confirmation of NewGame+ and... Reply with quote

apperantly DC&TF are related to the story.
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/ninja_gaiden_2/preview-948.html

My theory is maybe the two swords are like the bonds of Ryu and Joe. Dragon's Claw (or Tiger's Fang) was probably Ryu's primary sword until Ryu got the Dragon Sword.
I guess this retcons Ninja Gaiden Sigma's descriptions saying these two swords belonged to Musashi.



(PS, I said "actual confirmation" because now it's litterally said by Itagaki himself, I know Sneh already has drawn that conclusion from the last interview)
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
3ternal_Rapture
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 940
Location: UK, England
Gamertag: VCaptainCoffeeV
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Successive play = win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I wonder when we will get DC&TF. Maybe after Chapter 2?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
NINJA xRAPTORx
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 48

Gamertag: RM Darth Ryu

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 508
Location: poland


PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Actual confirmation of NewGame+ and... Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
apperantly DC&TF are related to the story.
http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/ninja_gaiden_2/preview-948.html

My theory is maybe the two swords are like the bonds of Ryu and Joe. Dragon's Claw (or Tiger's Fang) was probably Ryu's primary sword until Ryu got the Dragon Sword.
I guess this retcons Ninja Gaiden Sigma's descriptions saying these two swords belonged to Musashi.



(PS, I said "actual confirmation" because now it's litterally said by Itagaki himself, I know Sneh already has drawn that conclusion from the last interview)
I agree with you hundred , percent, the way it looks joe mite die, or may be sick and then gives ryu the other sword to go and cut asses
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm happy we get to use all the weapons from the start. They do seem more balanced than in NG where if you got the Dabiahro early, it would make the game really easy. I played the Hurricane Pack v.1 with only the Dragon Sword, Lunar, and Nunchaku/Vigoorian Flail and it was pretty fun to only use the one weapon for the whole game. Hydracubus was so hard to kill with Nunchaku though. I wonder how the weapon leader boards will work. Will it look at what weapon you used most or will you only be able to qualify if you use one weapon for the whole game. I'd rather have the second one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Ryu receiving the swords will have a complex story to it, but it will be interesting to know what it is nontheless

Joe won't die because you see him in the NES, which is after NG2 for the 360.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sath wrote:
I don't think Ryu receiving the swords will have a complex story to it, but it will be interesting to know what it is nontheless

Joe won't die because you see him in the NES, which is after NG2 for the 360.


We'll just have to see. Although the story seems so ridiculous, I want to experience it at least once.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me low standard fatherless child, but I like the story for NG.
Simple to follow, and it atleast drives you to know what happens in the end.

And it is basically your typical ninja revenge story with supernatural stuff in it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 508
Location: poland


PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that interview just goes to tell u that story aint the spotlight in this.. different locations with different setttings with ur different weapons. Cant get any better than that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Juzzz
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 371
Location: Netherworld
Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
once you've completed the game on a difficulty level with all your weapons, you'll be able to start a new game on the same difficulty and keep all those weapons.


O.o COOL

that is really going to help on harder modes
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juzzz wrote:
Quote:
once you've completed the game on a difficulty level with all your weapons, you'll be able to start a new game on the same difficulty and keep all those weapons.


O.o COOL

that is really going to help on harder modes


You do see that you will only be able to do that on difficulties that are already beaten, right? It would suck if it wasn't, because everyone can beat Master Ninja then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1789
Location: Sweden
Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god they didn't do that!

I guess this is the reason why they wanted to have the "special weapon" leaderboards, so people wouldn't cheat their way up using like level 3 dragon sword or TDS and just pump their way up to Master Ninja with ease.

Good job on not doing that thats for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juzzz
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 371
Location: Netherworld
Gamertag: Juzzz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh. yes sorry if you say k like so.. :p

thats indeed better Razz

ahwll we will see Razz
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2279
Location: ~The promissed land~
Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Juzzz wrote:
Quote:
once you've completed the game on a difficulty level with all your weapons, you'll be able to start a new game on the same difficulty and keep all those weapons.


O.o COOL

that is really going to help on harder modes


You do see that you will only be able to do that on difficulties that are already beaten, right? It would suck if it wasn't, because everyone can beat Master Ninja then.
That's still better then them robing you blind after you beat it.


What it will do is make second, third, and fourth playthrough's easier and more enjoyable.


Is this the same for health?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group