ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Making a Quick Tip Boss Guide.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Making a Quick Tip Boss Guide. Reply with quote

Yea, I figured I'd make a quick tip guide for bosses. I'm up to Chapter 10 right now, hand is hurting from typing though. Where's Vamp when you need him. I need him to check it out for me to make sure it's decent and informative.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea.
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me sabotage. I'll give you instructions of how to get your work to me and I'll scope out your stuff. If it's good enough, I'll even include it in my NGB FAQ (with credit and your approval, of course).

I was able to edit and revise Tranquil Chaos's Hurricane Pack #2 FAQ but I haven't seen or heard from him since (so his FAQ is just wasting space in my laptop). If you see this, PM me.

Twisted Evil
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PM's man. I appreciate the help by the way. Wink
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres one alot of people dont seem to realize. On the fire dragon just cast firewheels, jump into the lava pit and use your leveled up Dabilharo or UF and combo its neck/head. Keep hitting it and you can beat the dragon without wasting a potion in seconds.

On the radio tower just ignore the machine gun guards. Shoot the nine disks out and be done with it. No rocket launcher guys will come out if you ignore the enemies on the ground. No potions wasted, done fast. (figured that one out when I played for speed)

On the tentacle blob flying shallow his tentacles off with the DS. Then cast firewheels and flying shallow his body. Does extreme damage. Very useful when the cat fiends surround the blob on very hard, repels them and lets you flying shallow the blob.

Zombie archers on the way back up (level 6). Just hold block, roll to the ledge, jump to the next and repeat. They wont bite you. All they do is shoot. Roll jump, roll jump. Hold block the whole time. Alot of people seem to get stuck on that part.

For the whip bvtch. Just wall jump her to death with your heaviest weapon. Dragon sword works fine too. Dodge get to the wall and do a wall jump attack with Y. You wont need intercept.

For the spikey white ogres of HP 2. Just wall jump them to death with the dark dragon blade. 2 hits hits will break their first form. 3 more hits will kill them. Then get in an onlanding UT for the next ogre. This will break his first form. Continue wall jump attacking then repeat.

All the clones can be wall jumped to death without using any potions. Just use the Dabilaro, or on the level 6 clone the Lunar does great with the wall jump tactics. This is the easiest way to beat the clones, and even the double clone mission. Another options is to combo it to death with the XXXY combo using Dabilharo. This is what I usually do. Riskier though. Just keep repeating that combo. Dark dragon blade has the most powerful wall jump attack it seems. Especially on the clones.

Murai can be wall jump attacked to death easily. The horseman can be wall jump attacked to death easily with some UTs thrown in. Works on alot of enemies.
PsYcHOSIS
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way to kill the tentacle fiend is flying swallow + windmill

once you cut the second arm off do an onlamding UT right away after the flying swallow then do another UT with the other essence

here is another tip for killing that flying fiend with the red cape even if he is not a boss..........jump toward him using X+A then use the windmill then y.....you should knock him down then finish him off with Y
Dark Ninja
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walking Beast wrote:
Heres one alot of people dont seem to realize. On the fire dragon just cast firewheels, jump into the lava pit and use your leveled up Dabilharo or UF and combo its neck/head. Keep hitting it and you can beat the dragon without wasting a potion in seconds.

On the radio tower just ignore the machine gun guards. Shoot the nine disks out and be done with it. No rocket launcher guys will come out if you ignore the enemies on the ground. No potions wasted, done fast. (figured that one out when I played for speed)

On the tentacle blob flying shallow his tentacles off with the DS. Then cast firewheels and flying shallow his body. Does extreme damage. Very useful when the cat fiends surround the blob on very hard, repels them and lets you flying shallow the blob.

Zombie archers on the way back up (level 6). Just hold block, roll to the ledge, jump to the next and repeat. They wont bite you. All they do is shoot. Roll jump, roll jump. Hold block the whole time. Alot of people seem to get stuck on that part.

For the whip bvtch. Just wall jump her to death with your heaviest weapon. Dragon sword works fine too. Dodge get to the wall and do a wall jump attack with Y. You wont need intercept.

For the spikey white ogres of HP 2. Just wall jump them to death with the dark dragon blade. 2 hits hits will break their first form. 3 more hits will kill them. Then get in an onlanding UT for the next ogre. This will break his first form. Continue wall jump attacking then repeat.

All the clones can be wall jumped to death without using any potions. Just use the Dabilaro, or on the level 6 clone the Lunar does great with the wall jump tactics. This is the easiest way to beat the clones, and even the double clone mission. Another options is to combo it to death with the XXXY combo using Dabilharo. This is what I usually do. Riskier though. Just keep repeating that combo. Dark dragon blade has the most powerful wall jump attack it seems. Especially on the clones.

Murai can be wall jump attacked to death easily. The horseman can be wall jump attacked to death easily with some UTs thrown in. Works on alot of enemies.

when do u fight the tentacle blob .
weibull760
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of those tips are new but they are decent ones.

The radio tower trick does not work as well in NGB as it did in the original. The machine gun fire will knock you out of first person mode now.

The zombie archer tip is alright but you can get hit while your rolling so if they happen to shoot you while your doing it, you'll probably get knock off. Its happened to me a few times and it sucks.

And yes wall jump works (as demonstrated by IGN vids) but seriously, who wants to fight like that? If they took out intercepts because they were too overpowering, then they should have nullified wall jumps as well cuz you're practically untouchable when doing them.

I have vid of a full runthrough on NGB in Very Hard mode that I'm in the process of uploading to my pc. It was my first time doing VH in NGB and since some of the bosses were changed, I had to develop new strategies on the fly. A few of them worked great, a few of them weren't so good but when I'm finished editing and encoding, I'll post a few of the ones that turned out ok Razz
Peter
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any tips on Spirit Doku on MN?
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MN as in Master Ninja Mode? Dunno, haven't unlocked MN mode yet. Too busy messing with Mission Mode.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weibull760 wrote:

The radio tower trick does not work as well in NGB as it did in the original. The machine gun fire will knock you out of first person mode now.

The zombie archer tip is alright but you can get hit while your rolling so if they happen to shoot you while your doing it, you'll probably get knock off. Its happened to me a few times and it sucks.

And yes wall jump works (as demonstrated by IGN vids) but seriously, who wants to fight like that? If they took out intercepts because they were too overpowering, then they should have nullified wall jumps as well cuz you're practically untouchable when doing them.

I have vid of a full runthrough on NGB in Very Hard mode that I'm in the process of uploading to my pc. It was my first time doing VH in NGB and since some of the bosses were changed, I had to develop new strategies on the fly. A few of them worked great, a few of them weren't so good but when I'm finished editing and encoding, I'll post a few of the ones that turned out ok Razz

My god, I wish I had the time to finish Hard Mode (I'm in Chapter 12) but I did already unlock Mission Mode and I'm just polishing up my NGB FAQ
which is up and running at GameFAQS. (I don't know about you but the other NGB FAQ by AIEX is kinda...long. It's just long paragraph after long paragraph.)
I'd like to make more cool NGB videos but I've got different obligations to my other website (it's a Jessica Alba site) and that hampers a LOT of my time.

Anyway, I know everyone here is probably on VH or MN Mode and I have a couple of requests to ask for my NGB FAQ: I'd like to know what the Scarab prizes are for VH and MN, if the boss lackeys differ in VH and MN, and if all the life enhancement items have different locations. If anyone can provide me with concrete info, I'll gladly credit you in the NGB FAQ.

Twisted Evil
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsYcHOSIS wrote:
best way to kill the tentacle fiend is flying swallow + windmill

once you cut the second arm off do an onlamding UT right away after the flying swallow then do another UT with the other essence

here is another tip for killing that flying fiend with the red cape even if he is not a boss..........jump toward him using X+A then use the windmill then y.....you should knock him down then finish him off with Y

Nice. Didnt realize the windmill was so useful on bosses.I used to use it on the twin worms before I started using a level 3 dabilharo on that part. Now I can beat them without using a potion. The triple worm mission was good practice also. It takes off just a little bit of life but it adds up. Flying fiend in the red cape? Cant think who that is.
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Ninja wrote:
Walking Beast wrote:

when do u fight the tentacle blob .

The first encounter is on level 5. Then again on level 7. And once more on level 15. Really its the easiest boss in the game along with the ice worm. Atleast I think. Always fun to find quicker methods of killing though.
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weibull760 wrote:

Hey weibull! Read your posts all the time. Just cant post on game faqs since I was banned. Didnt realize you had to censor curse words fully. Congrats on your accomplisments in NG. Very impressive. The radio tower trick just worked for me again on VH of NGB. I lost half of my health bar but finished the tower quickly. Just had to shoot it down quick. Also as I was being machine gunned I did not go out of first person mode. Its strange because most hits will take you out of first person mode, but these didnt. Alot of these tips are useless for people going for time bonuses, but has some value to those who just want to progress. Personally the only time Ive tried for time bonuses was on HP 2. My next goals are just to beat master ninja and mission mode. Then maybe Ill play the game again for time bonuses.

Yea for the zombie archers it can be a little tricky, but its so easy for me to roll and jump past them now without getting hit. Ive done it so many times. Guess it would depend on playing style, but I found it to be an easy way to avoid them.

I know what you mean about the wall jumps. Its just a cheap way to beat alot of the enemies. When I play to win in the beginning Ill use what I can without cheating. Ill exploit the system. Then when I play again I set limitations for myself. By now Im not reliant on wall jumps and can fight most enemies head on. Ive beaten nearly all bosses without using a potion on very hard. Because of the bad camera on the samurai horseman I like to use wall jumps on him though. Kill the sorcerers and unleash onlanding UTs. My favorite way to fight the clones is to combo them to death with the level 3 dab. Something probabally should be done about the wall jumps., tho you can always just limit your use of them for extra challenge.

Nice. Im just finishing VH right now. I had to play through hard mode also which took 2 days. Im on level 11 of VH and should be trying master ninja shortly. Let me ask you, have you tried master ninja? Id like to know what its like. Im wondering if its really that huge a difference from very hard. Ive gotten pretty accustomed to not getting hit by now. Very hard can be pretty punishing with those throws as well. So Im thinking Ill beat it eventually. Would like to see some more vids to. The ones Ive seen of you were great. Very helpful. Keep it up
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Got any tips on Spirit Doku on MN?

Im not sure how hes changed in master ninja. Are you that far already? Thats damn good. Cant wait to try master ninja soon. Is it MUCH harder then very hard? When I fought doku in hard mode he was pretty easy since I used to ghost fish for 2 UT's. Not sure if it works as well on master ninja.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: