ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG Sigma

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panzer007
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: I don't have one

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: NG Sigma Reply with quote

Why Team Ninja made NGII Xbox360 exclusive when they made NG Sigma exclusive for PS3? Question Is it to entice the PS3 owners into getting Xbox360 for NGII Question I hope it is.
Tenken
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: WRT Tenken

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing to do with that. Sigma was released to give Sony fans a taste of the action, but Microsoft is publishing NGII, hence it's exclusivity.

Team Ninja, technically, didn't even make Sigma, it was an internal project headed by a small part of the team.
Panzer007
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenken wrote:
Nothing to do with that. Sigma was released to give Sony fans a taste of the action, but Microsoft is publishing NGII, hence it's exclusivity.

Team Ninja, technically, didn't even make Sigma, it was an internal project headed by a small part of the team.
Hayashi's team,right Question
Tenken
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.

Most interviews state that at most Itagaki gave 1% to Sigma. Take that however, but I'm sure that 1% wasn't towards DCTF Rolling Eyes
alldin
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not hard to explain why there was SIGMA and why no NG2 for the PS3...

Far as I know that ever since Team Ninja or shall I say Itakagi made the first Dead Or Alive game for Xbox
wich was DoA 3, thats where it all actually started.

DoA 3 became pretty huge for the Xbox console, so then they made DoA Xtreme volleyball....
And the Xbox hardware was powerfull by that time so they made Ninja Gaiden wich was a big
succes on the Xbox.

The DoA franchise went perfect so Itagaki made DoA ULTIMATE wich is DoA 1 and DoA2 for Xbox so
Team Ninja has the entire DoA fighting series for the Xbox console....

As Team Ninja became very popular with Ninja Gaiden and NB BLACK, Hayabusa became bigger and bigger
star....

When 360 came out, the DoA 4 game came out on the 360 launch... and pretty much took the lead as
the best fighting game out there, and still has the title as the best fighting game so far.

Not even Tekken gets close to DoA series, and they also continued with Xtreme beach volley ball 2.

Itakagi is one few japanese game designers that make games for the western countries....
And somehow he enjoys and repsect the comapnies among the world by working together with Microsoft
and not being too complex by making everything for Japanese comapnies such as Square Soft, Capcom,
Namco, Square Enix games only for the Sony Playstation just because its made by the same countries...

So thats what makes Itakagi so special that he is not like everyone else,... he likes Xbox very much.
And also says in the first gameplay video of NG2 "NG2 runing on the worlds most powerfull hardware Xbox 360".... wich explains that he desire the Xbox alot...

And now that DoA and NG are one of the biggest games out there on the Xbox consoles, Hayashi made
another small remake of NG to show what great action game they have missed ever since Xbox generation....

So by making SIGMA, they have brought many of PS3 players attention that this is what they have missed
on the Xbox....

Now that SIGMA was only for PS3, everyone thought that Team Ninja will start making games for PS3 now also...
But what they didnt understand is that it was only to introduce Ninja Gaiden and the character Ryu Hayabusa.

DoA 2 was not a big hit on the PS2, but it was a big hit on the Dreamcast, and even bigger on the Xbox-gen.

After SIGMA, all the Ps3 players have made lots of old NG and SIGMA comprasion videos until the NG2
teaser and gameplay cameout and told every PS3 owners that NG2 is coming exclusevly for 360.

But still many Sony owners are confused and dont know that NG2 is published by Microsoft Game Studios, not Tecmo, .... wich tells that there will defenetly not be a NG2 SIGMA for a PS3. Its a Microsoft game...

Team Ninja has a new game title coming out pretty soon, wich is probably DoA 5 for the 360 that Itakagi
has mentioned before... he did mention that he has planned a intro video for the DoA 5.

So yeah, thats about it... sorry for this long message =)
Tenken
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add to a few of those points.

DOA2: Hardcore, the PS2 version, only did terrible because it had absolutely horrible lighting. Everything was shiny and glossy and you couldn't see the fighters very well.

I also wouldn't expect DOA5 for a while either. Itagaki's last article that really covered his next-gen titles summed it up like this: DOA4>DOAX2>Ninja Gaiden II>Project Progressive>DOA: Code Cronus
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DOA: Code Cronus > Project Progressive.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: TM Nozox

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh so there will be Code Chronus afterall...

I thought they canceled the game or something ,thats why I thought that DoA 5 is posibly the upcoming...

But Code Chronus was the game u play as Kasumi and Ayane... is that correct?
The deeper story between Hayate and his family...

im not so sure how the gameplay will be like...
Panzer007
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alldin wrote:

I thought they canceled the game or something ,thats why I thought that DoA 5 is posibly the upcoming...

Could be an RPG! Smile
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panzer007 wrote:
alldin wrote:

Could be an RPG! Smile

*looks down*

Thanks, I just crap myself.

becuase that is just such a horrible prospect.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that far off to left field, Itagaki did say he was considering it as an RPG, they do have better story telling aspects.

He said he'd make a DS game, we got NG: DS Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: