ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

New Ninja Gaiden screens and video
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: New Ninja Gaiden screens and video Reply with quote

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-2/869347p1.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah!!!

Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang look completely different. It seems UTs have really long animations now. But they look stylish. I love Japanese themed levels. Please demo, come out soon. I need you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my god. that video blew me away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So crazy. The tonfas look a lot better in that video. The part where he was fighting with the tonfas looked like the wallpaper. You can see a ninpo in the background. And he stabs the enemies with Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang at the end of Izuna drop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
So crazy. The tonfas look a lot better in that video. The part where he was fighting with the tonfas looked like the wallpaper. You can see a ninpo in the background. And he stabs the enemies with Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang at the end of Izuna drop.


Yeah the stabbing is absolutely awesome!!!! Very Happy

Nevertheless: I donīt know why, but watching all the new UTs gives me a bad aftertaste somehow. They are all extremely long. I just imagine playing the game and waiting 3 -5 seconds until the UT is over in order to be actually able to play on. I think the last sentence was an example of terrible english Rolling Eyes Sorry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are kind of long, but I see them as like supers in Street Fighter so I'm okay with it. I thought Dabilahro's UT was boring to watch so I liked the added flash to the new ones. It just seems a little hard to see them. Everything moves so fast and the camera moves in. Maybe it'll be easer when I actually play it on my TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
They are kind of long, but I see them as like supers in Street Fighter so I'm okay with it. I thought Dabilahro's UT was boring to watch so I liked the added flash to the new ones. It just seems a little hard to see them. Everything moves so fast and the camera moves in. Maybe it'll be easer when I actually play it on my TV.


Yes theyīre freaking fast. That makes it hard to follow and thus harder to enjoy Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ENIGMA 19
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 118
Location: Colorado
Gamertag: ENIGMA 19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those tonfas are ridiculous, the sound effects sound painfully real, the crushing and smashing, wow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 202



PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sick.

and i love their focus on "fun/cool" here, NG in my own opinion lacked that, most of UT and Ninpo were boring.

it's absolutely sick here, love it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 354
Location: In your nightmares!!!
Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each new NGII video is a moment of ecstasy for me! Waiting is so hard!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheNightbringer
Common Ninja
Common Ninja


Joined: 18 Apr 2008
Posts: 67
Location: The Netherlands


PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In each vid you can alot of improvement. It's just great Very Happy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 1545
Location: the XNinjas dojo
Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess by lengthening the UTs you will have to think a bit more about using them in battle if you're going for Karma.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XNinjaRed wrote:
I guess by lengthening the UTs you will have to think a bit more about using them in battle if you're going for Karma.


I understand your point, but whatīs with all the people who playing this game because of the awesome gameplay. I guess a lot of people just love this game because of itīs addictive gameplay and the amusement that they get out of it.

For this people the combat might lose some of itīs intensity due to the long UTīs

And yes, Iīm not a karma player Cool . I just love this game because of itīs unmatched gameplay features
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 1545
Location: the XNinjas dojo
Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
XNinjaRed wrote:
I guess by lengthening the UTs you will have to think a bit more about using them in battle if you're going for Karma.


I understand your point, but whatīs with all the people who playing this game because of the awesome gameplay. I guess a lot of people just love this game because of itīs addictive gameplay and the amusement that they get out of it.

For this people the combat might lose some of itīs intensity due to the long UTīs

And yes, Iīm not a karma player Cool . I just love this game because of itīs unmatched gameplay features

I don't play for karma either.
I'm just saying that the long UTs make you fight more with the normal combos.
The UTs will actually be what they called "Ultimate" Technique, now that it's unlikely to be abused again and again.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 376
Location: Germany


PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that argument sound very plausible. So you think that the former UTīs were abused. I actually used them quite often, especially in MN mode. They are fast and stylish. So it was a nice combination with the combos in NG1.

Anyway, your argument rose my optimism, since I was sceptical about the new Utīs, and at least Iīm still a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group