ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

XBOX 360 gets Blu-ray drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 gets Blu-ray drive Reply with quote

from 1up.com

"Yes we're aware of Microsoft's official "no comment" position on the theoretical existence of a Blu-Ray enabled Xbox 360. Nevertheless, today Engadget brings word via the Chinese-Language-only Economic Daily News that a company called Pegatron (a subsidiary of hardware maker ASUS) has just won a contract to assemble "an Xbox 360 with a Blu-Ray Disc ROM drive."

Even better, the new unit is scheduled for release on the open market as early as Q4 (i.e. September) 2008. Now of course this is all hearsay cobbled together from the Chinese business press, and no official statement from Microsoft has yet been made. Still, with HD-DVD dead such a device would definitely be a nifty addition to the 360 hardware. After all, one thing the Xbox 360 absolutely needs is one more confusing SKU to keep track of."

I hope they put it into action for real!! Then Im gonna play NG2 on my friends 360 and buy my own in September. He just offered me to borrow it as long as I want cause he has no time to play anymore Very Happy
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is an external drive, like the HD-DVD add-on. But if this is going to be an internal drive, like I see here in this article, I'm curious how this is gonna work out. To me, they should save it for the next generation. By then, drive-speeds are improved, drives are cheaper to produce, bringing the total cost of a console down, which is only cool for costumers.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully its external yes... This will save me some money on a blu-ray player i guess...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: