ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden II Hands-On (IGN, TeamXbox, CVG, and 1UP)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Ninja Gaiden II Hands-On (IGN, TeamXbox, CVG, and 1UP) Reply with quote

IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/864/864370p1.html

1UP: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167265&p=4

CVG: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186261

TeamXbox: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1924/Ninja-Gaiden-2/p1/

GameSpy: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/ninja-gaiden-2/864847p1.html

Last edited by Keylay on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reads, although 1Up spells Hayabusa wrong (Hyabusa).
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing really new here. At least we get the new awesome pics from the gametrailer forum in 1080 ...mmmh i or p resolution? Iīm just asking because teamxbox lists the game with "just" 1080i max resolution Sad

Ignīs article contains a kind of a letdown in terms of the story. I didnīt read the story spoiler, but the line "This go around is even more ridiculous and full of plot holes than the last" told me that itīs far away from being more "cohesive" Sad

Except from a little recency in the gamespy article "While most will consider this a throwaway feature, we especially liked the Kurosawa filter that you can enable. Turning it on converts the game's visuals into glorious black and white, complete with those signature Toho grain and blemish effects that only serve to accentuate the stark contrasts between light and dark."
this previews quite put my adrenalin trip back, which was caused by the new NY screens last week Shocked

I think the conclusion of this prewies is that NG2 might become a big hit, but most likely wonīt have the same impact as the instant classic NG1 on the original xbox.

Though, Iīm eager to see the new videos coming the next days Laughing

Many thanks for the links Keylay Thumb

I just have seen a nice adjusted screenshot, which should show how the game might looks like on a HDTV. Damn, if thats near the truth, than I want to afford a HDTV even more Neutral
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that fact that TN added a lot of giants monsters in the gem for you to know down, think hurricane pack.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
Nothing really new here. At least we get the new awesome pics from the gametrailer forum in 1080 ...mmmh i or p resolution? Iīm just asking because teamxbox lists the game with "just" 1080i max resolution Sad

Ignīs article contains a kind of a letdown in terms of the story. I didnīt read the story spoiler, but the line "This go around is even more ridiculous and full of plot holes than the last" told me that itīs far away from being more "cohesive" Sad

Except from a little recency in the gamespy article "While most will consider this a throwaway feature, we especially liked the Kurosawa filter that you can enable. Turning it on converts the game's visuals into glorious black and white, complete with those signature Toho grain and blemish effects that only serve to accentuate the stark contrasts between light and dark."
this previews quite put my adrenalin trip back, which was caused by the new NY screens last week Shocked

I think the conclusion of this prewies is that NG2 might become a big hit, but most likely wonīt have the same impact as the instant classic NG1 on the original xbox.

I just have seen a nice adjusted screenshot, which should show how the game might looks like on a HDTV. Damn, if thats near the truth, than I want to afford a HDTV even more Neutral

Vspectra made that screen. He "doctored the screens with depth-of-field and stronger contrast". He likes to a lot of stuff like that. He also tried to give Sonia longer hair:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MCD
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vspectra sure made her hotter.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he definitely did make her looking hotter!!! Such pictures make the actual screenshots look pretty boring.
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New screens at IGN

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/686/686645/imgs_1.html

Damn, the Falconīs Talons look simply awesome. the more I see this weapon the better it gets Very Happy

I know this was mentioned already hundred times, but this game would look soooo much better with sophisticated lightning effects like in Uncharted. Just Imagine the picture with the Fuji Mountain with better lightning Shocked

Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to play this game now. I like the level 3 falcon talons. I'm not too fond of the level three Eclipse Scythe. Although I haven't seen a nice clear picture of it. All these pictures are at 1920 x 1080 so I assume the game supports 1080p.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Wanderfalke wrote:

Vspectra made that screen. He "doctored the screens with depth-of-field and stronger contrast". He likes to a lot of stuff like that. He also tried to give Sonia longer hair:

O.O

Is it just me

or is it just nasty how big that chicks boobs are....

Its just....ridiculous for even Team Ninja...

just.....ewwww....to all of whatever that thing is....

Oooooo, gold claws, thats nice...
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
New screens at IGN

http://uk.media.xbox360.ign.com/media/686/686645/imgs_1.html

Damn, the Falconīs Talons look simply awesome. the more I see this weapon the better it gets Very Happy

I know this was mentioned already hundred times, but this game would look soooo much better with sophisticated lightning effects like in Uncharted. Just Imagine the picture with the Fuji Mountain with better lightning Shocked

I really hated that weapon in the GDC trailer. Although, the graphics are getting better and better.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem with the Tonfa's is that they don't really seem to have their own niche. The Talons look like the superior weapon for close range combat and the Lunar looks like the go to weapon for crowd control. The Tonfa's kind of get lost in the shuffle.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
My problem with the Tonfa's is that they don't really seem to have their own niche. The Talons look like the superior weapon for close range combat and the Lunar looks like the go to weapon for crowd control. The Tonfa's kind of get lost in the shuffle.

My guess is that the Tonfa's are a hell of a lot faster. You can thwirl them faster around then you can swing the Talons. You can see that in the UT of the Tonfa's, it, while long, hits an insane amount of times.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:

Not every weapon need his own niche, I think. I mean, the Unlabored Flawlessness and the Dabilahro are both the 'Slow Strong Weapon' and in my opinion they're far from exchangeable amongst each other. This is even a pretty poor example, since they have some moves in common, but I really don;t see the Tonfa having anything in common with any other weapon, even the Falcon's Talons, which seem to be in the same niche of the 'Very Close Reach Weapons'.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ, this new screenshots look stunning. Unfortunately not available in 720 or 1080p. It is just me, or do the pics look better and better. I wonder if TM is able to polish the game considerable till june??? Damn, this time Ryu looks absolutely frighteningly dangerous Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: