ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

What's your attitude towards Itagaki's departure?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: What's your attitude towards Itagaki's departure? Reply with quote

What do you guys really think about it? Voice your opinion, please. Do you think that Tomo is just a poseur and him leaving will have no impact on Ninja Gaiden franchise or do you think he really is a kick ass game maker and without him, Team Ninja is sure to fail?

Also, what are your predictions about Tomo's future - will he stick with M$, will he get back to Tecmo since its Archfiend - Yasuda - is no more, or will he play with Sony? Or maybe he will just retire from game developing?

Personally, I love the guy and I'm utterly convinced NG and DOA are great games because of him. I wish he would start a collaboration with Sony, to be honest. I never liked the fact that he workd with Americans. I could have understand it in the X1 days, since PS2 was a crap of a hardware. But now he really should do something for the PS3.
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't really like the ps3...
Ninja poop
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: C01d M455cre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care, just hope he keeps making games, We'll see if it was really him that made those games great or just his team.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I think everyone at Team Ninja contributes to make DOA and NG good. But TI seemed to be a big part of it. In the Ninja Gaiden II documentry on Xbox Live, Team Ninja talked about how great of a leader TI is and how everything is good because of him. TI is just an interesting person. His stye, how he acts, and what he says. I don't know what is in his future. He said at one time that he would not be making games forever. I think Team Ninja will be alright, but they haven't shown anything at TGS. I don't know what they are working on. And I remember that right before Itagaki quit, he said that they would announce something in late June or early July. And we haven't heard anything.

As for what Itagaki is doing, there was this rumor:

Quote:
Ninja developer joins Microsoft?

Tomonobu Itagaki, director of the Ninja Gaiden series, is also rumoured to be putting in an appearance. Pre-show whispering suggests that Microsoft may well have poached the renegade, whisky-slugging rock and roll games developer. Now that would be a coupů

But he didn't show. There is one more day of TGS but I figured it would have happend on Thurs/Friday (the business days). It would be interesting if he made a game with Hideo Kojima.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki said he wanted to make a world war 2 game, which I'm not too sure about. I think several of the other key Team Ninja members also left, considering Hayashi and the Fatal Frame dev took leadership of Team Ninja.

Hiroaki Matsui
Katsunori Ehara
Yoshifuru Okamoto

All three of these guys had a pretty major part in making the DOA and NG games. Hopefully they'll end up working with Itagaki at a new company.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/11/tecmo-introduces-the-new-faces-of-team-ninja/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Takehaniyasubiko
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tecmo's Yoh Watanabe took the stage to once and for all put an end to the rumors of Tecmo's outlandishness. "Tecmo has been accused of plying the media with booze and girls," he said. "Well, it's true!"

PRICELESS

Thanks for the link, Keylay.
Bogetsu
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he was really upset with Hayashi 'cause he copied his original NG for a console he really hates (PS3) and of course, he made the game without Itagaki. Wasn't this enough? Really, all people has to leave sometime, late or soon, and unfortunately, he decided to.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That he got mad because they wouldn't tell him the ancient chinese secret, or share their rice balls.
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't like it becuase some of those company are bias and greedy. Serveral are just in it for the money and treating thier customer badly.
My personal list Along with Sony are: Windows(MS), Fox network, archos, and EA. Well it should be longer but these few here annoys me to this day. But from someelse point of view EA aint that bad actually ( they just treat thier workers great, though).
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really care, just hope he keeps making games,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: