ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Itagaki without sun glasses, with short hair & a kiddy l
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I've met and spoken to the guy face to face a few years back at the Master Ninja Tournament World Finals in LA. E3 '05. Keylay, you were there but we couldn't get that many people in, so it was just myself a few others. I spoke to him and length and he really is a cool guy. Doubly so when one of the first things he said to me was "You are cool!" in heavily accented English. The guy was cool as hell and very straight forward. Talked to me for about a half hour before the rest of the DoAC crew woke up and came out. Then he got a translator because he knew everyone would ask about the games, lol.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Interesting. I've met and spoken to the guy face to face a few years back at the Master Ninja Tournament World Finals in LA. E3 '05. Keylay, you were there but we couldn't get that many people in, so it was just myself a few others. I spoke to him and length and he really is a cool guy. Doubly so when one of the first things he said to me was "You are cool!" in heavily accented English. The guy was cool as hell and very straight forward. Talked to me for about a half hour before the rest of the DoAC crew woke up and came out. Then he got a translator because he knew everyone would ask about the games, lol.

O.O

Are you famous?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. No. Just well-connected. Google me and you'll find some stuff. Google my real name and you'll find more. Either way, not famous. Well-connected, yes. Well-known, definitely in some circles. But not famous by any means. I've met Keylay a few years back at E3, so I guess that's being somewhat famous, right? Wink He is the Legendary Ninja, after all!
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD

Wait a minute....E3!?

You people and your "adultness"

Pfft, well, come fall I'll fall into that catagory too I guess. Yay for college!
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E3 sucks now. It was only good up until a couple years ago. Now it's little more than a science fair with video games. And more and more companies are pulling out of the ESA as it is.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know, after they took away the fan interaction part of it, now its pretty much just a business convention, right?

I remember reading about it, and I was just pissed because I always planned on going to one, and now it would be pointless.

I mean, games are made for the fans, right?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was always invitation only anyway, though there were some loopholes. It wasn't particularly easy to get in. Tecmo got myself and several others from DoACentral in though. Keylay got in with us, as well. When I went I got to be one of the first to play the Xbox 360 (the controller didn't even have the Xbox button yet) and I got to see the DoA4 trailer and NGB trailers on a freakin' massive screen. Not to mention the live Tecmo girls dressed up like Rachel from NG and several DoA characters (Lisa, btw, was modeled by a latina actress, not a black one, so in your face guys). So yeah. Good stuff.
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:
Well it was always invitation only anyway, though there were some loopholes. It wasn't particularly easy to get in. Tecmo got myself and several others from DoACentral in though. Keylay got in with us, as well. When I went I got to be one of the first to play the Xbox 360 (the controller didn't even have the Xbox button yet) and I got to see the DoA4 trailer and NGB trailers on a freakin' massive screen. Not to mention the live Tecmo girls dressed up like Rachel from NG and several DoA characters (Lisa, btw, was modeled by a latina actress, not a black one, so in your face guys). So yeah. Good stuff.

Wave
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to E3 this year, Cyber?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no. Waste of time and money. E3 has degenerated into little more than an arts and crafts show.
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CyberEvil wrote:

I really wanted to go to that dinner wtih Itagaki but I drew the short straw. I saw him the next day though. I had the special pass so I could go in before E3 started. And the picture I took with Lisa (Rachel model) doesn't show my face. I got cut off.

I wonder if E3 will ever go back to the way it used to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not, unfortunately.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And thats a shame.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far i know the E3 will be back in his full glory this year. Instead of those other 2 events we had last year...
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: VCaptainCoffeeV

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The years haven't been good to him, have they?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: