ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Game Informer NGII preview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Game Informer NGII preview Reply with quote

http://www.ninjafortress.com/Other/gf01.jpg

My hopes for a good story are going down but hopefully it'll be decent.

I wonder what the four player Ninja Gaiden was like. He said he wants to do one and we know Team Ninja is making another action game and a fighting game.

I'm surprised they've already started on the downloadable content. I know they were going to do another Master Ninja Tournament but they are working on new stuff that may be released a month or so after the game comes out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't care less about the story, I'm all about the gameplay. Nice to see Itagaki doesn't really concern himself with the story either and is more focused on the gameplay.

Maybe the 4 Player co-op is going to be tested in that Project Progressive (I forgot the name of it, that is what the game was called right?). I remember they released concept art for the game years ago, perhaps it's going to start development soon or maybe it's already started. I remember the pics they released had females in them. There might've been four females, can't remember though.

Hopefully the DLC will be offered at a reasonable price. I'm not going to pay 2000 points for an extra enemy or weapon.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story must be at the level of Ninja Gaiden's. Of course a good story is cool but when the gameplay is awesome, story is not really needed anymore to my eyes.
Multi-player mode is o good (or did he just mention something in the X-BOX live?)
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the scan.

I care about the story, ok, the most thing I care is the gameplay and in this kind of genre you canīt tell a AAA story, but a decent story with kick ass cutscenes never hurt.

I have the feeling that the downloadable content will be the mission mode. I hope they donīt charge like they do with Sigma and the challenges.
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

What's up, party peoples? Dude, you need to get yourself a scanner. Those things come dirt-cheap, C'MON!

Twisted Evil

Bogetsu
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: bogetsu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multiplayer-versus mode sounds so weird for NG. I mean, it's not DOA or any other game wich it's capable to play online with other people. Anyway Thanks!
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VampireHorde wrote:
Twisted Evil

What's up, party peoples? Dude, you need to get yourself a scanner. Those things come dirt-cheap, C'MON!

Twisted Evil

But I'm so poor now Sad . I had money last year when I had a job but now I have nothing. Two more classes and then I graduate and I'll have a job again... hopefully.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogetsu wrote:
The multiplayer-versus mode sounds so weird for NG. I mean, it's not DOA or any other game wich it's capable to play online with other people. Anyway Thanks!

I don't agree, a multiplayer mode could add another life to the game. Of course, Ninja Gaiden is enough good to be pleasant in solo. However playing with friends could be so great. Imagine a shared-screen with four Ryu looking for each others to kill them! Or a cooperative game, like in Samurai warriors. Admit that it would be cool, there are som many possibilities Very Happy

Be brave Keylay ^^
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, i meant to send a scan of this to you, but alas, you get GI too! xD

Hmm...multiplayer? Newbs spamming triple FS and such might get a little old. It would have to be implemented correctly, the blocking system would have to be re-worked, so on and so forth.

It could work though, like a race mode, get from point A to B as fast as possible, with enemies mixed in. Enemies deduct time as well, so you may not want to pass them up.

It could be fun.

If you could sit there and block and counterattack all day, it wouldn't work for PvP, but if they changed what attacks can be blocked, and made it have weaknesses, it could work.

Maybe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: