ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Who has good taste in rock music?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Who has good taste in rock music? Reply with quote

I need a song. A rock song or at least a song that fits with a fighting game. I'm planning on making a DOA video but I need a good rock song. A long one or at least one I can edit and make longer. Know any? I've heard most of the mainstream songs but every know and then I see some videos that have good songs I've never heard of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2279
Location: ~The promissed land~
Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here check my youtube page i got tones Smile http://youtube.com/user/BRINGEROFCHAOS888
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fiend_called_Bob
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 14 Jun 2006
Posts: 1123



PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegades of funk By Rage against the machine . Either that or "sleep now in the fire"
_________________

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hayabusa_reiatsuma
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja


Joined: 15 Aug 2007
Posts: 219



PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day...

Toxicity by System Of A Down....
_________________

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want long rock songs?


I'd vote either Dragon Force or a Metallica song. You prolly know metallica if you listen to mainstream, as they are/were mainstream in the nintey's and such. Dragonforce has all long songs, six plus minutes, usually eight, and they have large solo section or places where you could easily repeat the part. For example, My Spirit Will Go On, the begining is a low guitar riff that would be easy to cut and paste over itself to extend from a minute to however long you want it to be.

Metallica has Orion or Call of the Ktulu, both intrumentals, which could work.


Hmm...most stuff I listen to is "mainstream* so I don't want to ramble on about stuff you've proly heard of.


And disturbed is nice and energetic, and I could think of a few of their songs off the top of my head that would actually make sense for a DOA vid, but they are all pretty short....


Maybe that helped!?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sanman wrote:
You want long rock songs?


I'd vote either Dragon Force or a Metallica song. You prolly know metallica if you listen to mainstream, as they are/were mainstream in the nintey's and such. Dragonforce has all long songs, six plus minutes, usually eight, and they have large solo section or places where you could easily repeat the part. For example, My Spirit Will Go On, the begining is a low guitar riff that would be easy to cut and paste over itself to extend from a minute to however long you want it to be.

Metallica has Orion or Call of the Ktulu, both intrumentals, which could work.


Hmm...most stuff I listen to is "mainstream* so I don't want to ramble on about stuff you've proly heard of.


And disturbed is nice and energetic, and I could think of a few of their songs off the top of my head that would actually make sense for a DOA vid, but they are all pretty short....


Maybe that helped!?


What are these short songs that would fit for DOA. Is Dragon Force the name of the song? I can't find it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2279
Location: ~The promissed land~
Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papa roach-between angels and insects Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja


Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 354
Location: In your nightmares!!!
Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Dragon Force is a the name of a band.
And Disturbed is cool, it reminds me Devil may cry gamaplay vids with "The game".

At this time I'm listenning to Maximum the hormone. "Koi no mega raba" is quite long 'around 5min30.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Joey
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 9
Location: Canada
Gamertag: strap 5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you name a rock song you really like so i or maybe someone else could get an idea of what type of song you would like for your video?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja


Joined: 07 Aug 2005
Posts: 1322
Location: Pasadena, CA
Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey wrote:
could you name a rock song you really like so i or maybe someone else could get an idea of what type of song you would like for your video?


I don't listen to rock that much. I liked the songs used in another DOA video. It was by Rob Zombie ( The man without fear and Reload).

I also like the song used in this DMC3 video that you've probably seen. Does anyone know the artist/group?


Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 2279
Location: ~The promissed land~
Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT called the lights are down......artist i cant remember Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M.C.E.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 720
Location: Pssssh, that's easy.....wait......where am I....
Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackened - Metallica
Almost Easy - Avenged Sevenfold
Reject Yourself - Killswitch Engage
and maybe Enemy by Sevendust, if you want a "fake" heavy song.
_________________

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
Joey wrote:
could you name a rock song you really like so i or maybe someone else could get an idea of what type of song you would like for your video?


I don't listen to rock that much. I liked the songs used in another DOA video. It was by Rob Zombie ( The man without fear and Reload).

I also like the song used in this DMC3 video that you've probably seen. Does anyone know the artist/group?


Link


Kamelot - When The Lights Are Down
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sanman
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 2035

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
sanman wrote:
You want long rock songs?


I'd vote either Dragon Force or a Metallica song. You prolly know metallica if you listen to mainstream, as they are/were mainstream in the nintey's and such. Dragonforce has all long songs, six plus minutes, usually eight, and they have large solo section or places where you could easily repeat the part. For example, My Spirit Will Go On, the begining is a low guitar riff that would be easy to cut and paste over itself to extend from a minute to however long you want it to be.

Metallica has Orion or Call of the Ktulu, both intrumentals, which could work.


Hmm...most stuff I listen to is "mainstream* so I don't want to ramble on about stuff you've proly heard of.


And disturbed is nice and energetic, and I could think of a few of their songs off the top of my head that would actually make sense for a DOA vid, but they are all pretty short....


Maybe that helped!?


What are these short songs that would fit for DOA. Is Dragon Force the name of the song? I can't find it.


Okay, here are some dragonforce songs:
-Fields of Despair
-Storming the Burning Fields
-Valley of the Damned
-Disciples of Babylon
-Revolution Deathsquad
-My Spirit Will Go On
-Body Breakdown
-Once In A Lifetime

Those are my favorite ones, off the top of my head, a few from each album. The begining of MSWGO is great, could be a good introductory part for a vid. DoB is the best overall I think, its just great, handsdown. They are all long, and have "uplifting" lyrics and sounds overall. And there are eighties style vocals, if you are into that.

As far as Disturbed goes, how about:
-Pain Redefined*
-Violence Fetish
-The Game*
-Meaning of Life
-Hell*
-Fear
-Awaken
-Intoxication*
-Mistress
-Devour
-Deify (except for the intro part, the talking)
-Sacred Lie*
-Avarice
-Stricken*
-Stupify

The starred ones i think will work well for videos, then again I think all of those could work, depending on what you want to do with them. Most of their songs sound different from one another, like Meaning of Life, that doesn't really sound like them at first. Damn, I tried not to list all of their songs, but I like all but three of their songs, so I guess I'm biased. Download some and see if any fit your ideas.

Or I could upload some to mediafire if you wanted.

Goodluck, sorry that took so long <.<
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group