ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

New enemies revealed (new pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: New enemies revealed (new pics) Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/849/849080p1.html

Finally, a scarier looking fiend. Click the pics for larger images.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/686/686645/imgs_1.html

Last edited by Keylay on Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wanderfalke
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, not really scary to me Confused They look rather strange. I hope they will make up their less impressive look with some serious aggressive and brutal attacks Twisted Evil

I know, I know, but I canīt resist to mention the graphics. The more I see these screenshots, the more I think that TM didnīt put much efforts in improving their visual presentation. Especially the lightning canīt keep up with most next gen titles.

Although itīs a little setback, eventually nobody will care about the graphics, if the gameplay will be unchallenged in comparison to any other action game.

Hey Keylay, do you know if they will stop with their NG week now???
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fiends look more threatening. When I first played Ninja Gaiden and saw the fiends, they didn't look like much to me. Like if I actually saw them in real life, I would just have a weird look on my face. These though look more like werewolves and more aggresive.

The graphics are supposed to look really good up close. No video has shown how nice the game looks according to everyone who saw the demo at the Tokyo Game Show. It's Team Ninja after all.

Yea, I think this is the end of the road. Hil said this was just an appetite so we'll probably have something down the road. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some new info in a week. The Ninja Gaiden II websites launch this month so I'm think we'll get some new info. We haven't even seen any bosses yet.

Last edited by Keylay on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolves? Laughing
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werewolves? Where? Wolves? Men that are also wolves? M'Aiq sees men, M'Aiq sees wolves, that is enough for M'Aiq.

Fortunately, not for Itagaki.

Yeah, that sounded very lame.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Sanman7890
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, its so odd seeing ryu fighting something that isn't:

a)a ninja
b)a weird shapped humanoid thing
c)a lizard
d)a bug

Bout damn time!
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this gives out the idea that he will fight diffrent type of Fiends at each city.In New York he will probably fight giant cochroches. Laughing

The Number One Mortal Kombat Resource
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope these werewolves are going to be much frigtening. Ryu is "alone in the dark", in a silent place and suddenly something springs on him!*
I've never been scared in Ninja Gaiden, just excited to killing fiends (or angry when fiends kill me). But never scared.

Quote:
d)a bug

I would rather say camera.

We know much about graphics and gamepley but story is still mysterious!
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wrote a small text about the new enemy and refer to the comments from TM about the werevolves

TM wrote: On the Colosseo bridge, Ryu is exterminating Werewolves who have been raging about as if the world is all their own. It is said that most of Fiends are degenerated from human. Werewolves are not exceptions. Fiendish gene has effected on their born and muscles to grow into the monster. However, this kind of Fiend is still closer to human.

TM wrote: This is on the Colosseo bridge again. The splendor castle shown behind is a landmark in the Aqua Capital. Despite this beautiful outlook, the castle has sanguinary history. Is it the time to repeat the same bloody history? The Super Ninja is adding bloodiest event ever seen to the history.

TM wrote: This is a battle with Werewolves at a street market in the Aqua Capital. Werewolves are inevitably brutal and never afraid of death. They just keep attacking Ryu with murderous desire.

TM wrote: At a street market in the Aqua Capital again. Ryu is wielding his Lunar Staff against a mass of Werewolves all around him. It is possible to make a defensive circle around Ryu by utilizing a long reach and balanced revolution of Lunar Staff. No enemy can touch this Supper Ninja so easily.

TM wrote: When Ryu cursed at the Werewolf with the Ninpo "The Art of the Inferno," the body of the monster turned to just a column of fire. This is obliteration Ninpo to burn up Fiends with balls of fire. They are like fire balls from Dragon`s month and completely powerful! All through Ninja Gaiden II, You can expect most powerful Ninpo ever seen. In addition to graphical improvements, each of Ninpo arts has totally unique features and keeps the game play even more exciting.

After Iīve read this comments Iīm beginning to like the werevolves gradually.

By the way, while reading the comments Iīve figured out that the release date is 2nd May. A guy who assumes to work at gamestop mentioned this. On the other hand a differnt guy who has worked at gamestop said that they always had to rectify their release dates Sad
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanderfalke wrote:
They wrote a small text about the new enemy and refer to the comments from TM about the werevolves

TM wrote: On the Colosseo bridge, Ryu is exterminating Werewolves who have been raging about as if the world is all their own. It is said that most of Fiends are degenerated from human. Werewolves are not exceptions. Fiendish gene has effected on their born and muscles to grow into the monster. However, this kind of Fiend is still closer to human.

TM wrote: This is on the Colosseo bridge again. The splendor castle shown behind is a landmark in the Aqua Capital. Despite this beautiful outlook, the castle has sanguinary history. Is it the time to repeat the same bloody history? The Super Ninja is adding bloodiest event ever seen to the history.

TM wrote: This is a battle with Werewolves at a street market in the Aqua Capital. Werewolves are inevitably brutal and never afraid of death. They just keep attacking Ryu with murderous desire.

TM wrote: At a street market in the Aqua Capital again. Ryu is wielding his Lunar Staff against a mass of Werewolves all around him. It is possible to make a defensive circle around Ryu by utilizing a long reach and balanced revolution of Lunar Staff. No enemy can touch this Supper Ninja so easily.

TM wrote: When Ryu cursed at the Werewolf with the Ninpo "The Art of the Inferno," the body of the monster turned to just a column of fire. This is obliteration Ninpo to burn up Fiends with balls of fire. They are like fire balls from Dragon`s month and completely powerful! All through Ninja Gaiden II, You can expect most powerful Ninpo ever seen. In addition to graphical improvements, each of Ninpo arts has totally unique features and keeps the game play even more exciting.

After Iīve read this comments Iīm beginning to like the werevolves gradually.

By the way, while reading the comments Iīve figured out that the release date is 2nd May. A guy who assumes to work at gamestop mentioned this. On the other hand a differnt guy who has worked at gamestop said that they always had to rectify their release dates Sad

Despite the poor translation job, this is some pretty interesting information. The explanation for why there are werewolves in NGII makes sense and the little tidbit about Ninpo sounded promising.
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INDEED!!! The Ninpo appears to be a lot more fun this time. Iīm really wondering with what kind of fiends/Monsters they will come up with in the future. I canīt wait to see some screens from the Niflheim and the lifeblood shrine level.
They looked really gloomy and direful Twisted Evil Hopefully weīll see some even more intimidating monsters there Very Happy

Lifeblood shrine: http://img.7pics.info/stage%20select%20lifeblood%20shrine_e73.jpg

Niflheim: http://img.7pics.info/stage%20select%20niflheim_aaf.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: