ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Counter attacks seem to be made more useful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rate discovery
Wow, XNinjaRed! Good eyes you have!
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Hmmm, I never thought of that...
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
I found this out when the vid first came out.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

XNinjaRed
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Counter attacks seem to be made more useful. Reply with quote

I just rewatched the Demo again and saw how the two different counter attacks of the scythe each do something.
The one where he sweeps the enemy (which I think is the X counter) seem to usually dismember the enemy's feet.
The one where he slashes up (which I think is the Y counter) seems to usually decapitate the enemy.

Now, some people will probably see this as the Scythe is just made for the Killing Blow system so it has two dismemberment attacks, but I think this counts for every weapon.

When Ryu equipped Dragon's Claws & Tiger's Fang he did the Square counter (which translates into Xbox 360's X counter) it, like the Scythe's X counter, dismembers the enemy's feet.

Again when Ryu equipped the claws he did that Nunchucks kick counter (which I think is the Y counter) that, like the Scythe's Y counter, decapitated the enemy.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Officially the X counter is the feet dismemberment Counter Attack and Y counter is the decapitation Counter Attack.

It makes sense, look at Dragon Sword's X counter, which body part gets slashed before Ryu kicks the enemy? The feet!
Dragon Sword's Y counter, does it look like it can decapitate the enemy? In my opinion it does!

This is very useful because you can then do the killing blow on the enemy!

I think this is what Itagaki meant when he said this game was more on the offence then defence.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just hoping they make counter attacks harder to do. For example, press X to counter weapons and Y to counter physical attacks. It gets boring when your fighting enemies like Bersker's (NGS) and your just pressing the same button to counter the different attacks they do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: easr Reply with quote

Wouldent that make the game to easy?
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be easy for "acolyte mode" but I think it won't work for master ninja mode
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can quite easily see Itagaki and his team handle it completely different. Just take a look at Ninja Gaiden Black and NInja Gaiden Sigma, and compare how different the initial videos look, and how much change there actually was. Disregarding graphics, new cutscenes and the like, you(or at least I) could not see any of the major changes in the gameplay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: