ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Seriously?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Seriously? Reply with quote

Honestly the only thing I can think of for the title.

I'm a huge DOA and NG fan; moreso NG. I came here through DOAWORLD.

I'm posting this because...well, anyone else notice that in this game, after a certain number of save files (so far I have 10...plus the system save because without that the game would lag more) the save statues WON'T EVEN let you open up the save menu? My god. If it's because I've reached some limit (which would be weird because I have a 120GB new PS3 that hasn't jack on it, and I've asked before a month or so ago on another forum about the maximum # of save files you can have on this game, so it would help me plan better which points in the game to make saves, and all I've got was "there's no limit" or "a crap load" but apparently this is not the case) then why won't it AT LEAST open up the freaking menu so I can save over another file?! Had this been a long-as-heck fiend challenge on Master Ninja mode, imagine how pissed someone would be.

I did do a lot though since my last save, so crap. All that for nothing I supposed, and no, this isn't the result of enemies lingering around that I can't open up the save menu. At first I thought this was the case since the first time it started doing that there were some around (but then again before in the game I was able to save when there were enemies around), but now I'm at a totally different statue with no enemies around. Still "pausing" for a second but bringing no menu up. Stupid.

I suppose I've reached a limit of 10, like in the Xbox Gaidens if I remember correctly, but in them you could save over files. They should've just removed the "create a new file" option in Sigma instead of surprising you like idiots and not letting you save any hard work you've done.

Cry Baby
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first: welcome to the NF board. Very Happy

So far I never had problems with saving in Sigma 1. Why not just overwriting your current one? And why do you have ten(!) save games anyway? ^^
I have one for the story mode and another one for the last mission (which is basically a mini story...forgot the name. "Eternal Legend" or whatever the name was).

Have you already tried to delete savegames or, to be on the safe site, copy or move them to an external drive (USB)?

Oh, and the size of your HDD isn't really releveant to some games. The games are managing save files, not the HDD. Some games only have limited save slots to prevent loading errors or provide faster loading times (main reason for the devs, doing this on console games).
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
Well, first: welcome to the NF board. Very Happy

So far I never had problems with saving in Sigma 1. Why not just overwriting your current one? And why do you have ten(!) save games anyway? ^^
I have one for the story mode and another one for the last mission (which is basically a mini story...forgot the name. "Eternal Legend" or whatever the name was).

Have you already tried to delete savegames or, to be on the safe site, copy or move them to an external drive (USB)?

Oh, and the size of your HDD isn't really releveant to some games. The games are managing save files, not the HDD. Some games only have limited save slots to prevent loading errors or provide faster loading times (main reason for the devs, doing this on console games).

Thank you, hello.

My only beef was that it doesn't even let you see the save menu so you can save over another file, nor does it tell you when you've made your tenth save, that you're not going to be able to save again after that (even overwrite a file) unless you delete a file from the XMB menu. Wow. Even in the Xbox Gaidens it allowed you to delete/save over files no problem even whenthey were packed, and you knew all along it was 10 you can save since the slots were ten. For instance KH: 358/2 Days has 3 slots so you know you can save up to 3. In Sigma there's just "create a new file" and no limit indication at all. I almost feel someone at Tecmo did this for the lulz so people can work hard and be unable to save or something.

Maybe Itagaki getting revenge on Tecmo lol and the 360 NG2 glitches and freezing.

Well I have that many saves because I want to be able to play sects of the story at any time. I will have 9 story saves (beginning of chapter 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18), and the 10th I think I'll make it halfway of Eternal Legend.

That or I may make the 10 saves chapter 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 but that's unlikely because I like Eternal Legend a lot. Speaking of Eternal Legend I hate how they took out the DOA costume. Heck that is more about Ryu than even the Red Ashtar one (lol you fight a Blue Ashtar Hayabusa if you're a Red. I would've liked the blue too).

I also would've like anti-aliasing in this game, but I'm expecting Sigma 2 to have that definitely.
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway I've written a review of this on the Amazon page I bought this game from last year. Will be linking it here instead of re-typing my thoughts on the game.

Anyway would anyone happen to know the Demon Jewel locations on Master Ninja mode? I can't seem to find the 9th, and I also don't see why buying them from Muramasa isn't an alternative. It's not like if you have more than 9 it would make a difference since you can't even use more than those.

I will say (that was in my review) the frustration I got from the save glitch the other day. The game's difficulty doesn't bother me. It's the stupid mechanical mistakes the company overlooked in this port, but the save glitch is what wasted so much of my effort and time. I talked a little about it in the OP. But apparently now it's allowing me to save MORE than 10 files (I saved up to 25 and it still goes up!) but of course, since I found this out near the end of my game (Chapter 19) I do not have save files for half of the chapters, specifically the odd ones since I chose to keep the even (thought I had to limit it to 10). Freaking garbage. Well I'll only be satisfied now if I play the even chapters to re-attain the odd ones, but I'm going to have to skip fights that give you nothing but karma points and essence since these don't really change the gameplay experience. Only items/weapons do. Reason being I do not want to waste more of my summer playing this and want to experience Final Fantasy XIII. I mean, I already did experience every single fight (enemy spawn) in this game on Master Ninja mode so re-playing them is pointless unless of course they leave behind a valuable.

-Edit- Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-GH-Playstation-3/product-reviews/B001BP4JY6/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_3?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&pageNumber=3

I'm the one who's Joseph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: