ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

No intercept, I guess.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
some people at GameFAQs said they have it.

I just saw a great quote there:
"If intercepts are the only thing that made this game easier for all those that were so confident and swore they were so geat at NG.. maybe it's truly time for some new champions to arise." -ShunShatsu99

That's the stupidest quote I've ever seen. Between "Counter Attacks" and "Intercepts", Intercept is definitely the better defensive move. It also takes alot more skill and leaves you with alot more options, therefore adding much more depth to the gameplay. Counter Attacks are cheesy, lame, and insanely easy to pull off. They don't leave you with many options therefore they make the gameplay appear a little shallow to me. Anyone who would prefer Counter Attacks over Intercepts is a CASUAL gamer IMO.

It neither takes more skills nor leaves you with more options. After a counter attack (especially a single X blow) you have on open delay whichyou can continue with whatever you want. Giving you a 2-5 frames delay (intercept) is not opening more options then with a counter.

As far as skills go, intercept is a move that can be done unpurpouseflly (sp?) since many people are only able to block right at the last second. While with counters, just blocking at the last second won't do. You need to be positioned right ro receive the hit and then discharge it.

Counters are even more skill based now, where attacks can break through your guard.

I know all about the single Wolf Bane Kick counter trick. Any skilled player will tell you that to master the game Single X counter>Scarlet Dragon>BoN. However, if that's your idea of 'depth' then you seriously need to start playing more games. By the way, the Single X counter ONLY WORKS WITH THE DRAGON SWORD AND KITETSU. Where's the depth?

What the hell do you mean Intercept doesn't leave you with options? You can INSTANTLY counter with WHATEVER you want when you perform an Intercept. No frames to go through, no slow ass counter animations to wait for. The fact that you even think Intercepting is easier than Countering is completely ridiculous.

Countering:
HOLD BLOCK the WHOLE TIME until the opponent attacks and then immediately press X or Y. Not hard to do.

Intercept:
TAP BLOCK the MOMENT the opponents attack is about to hit you and then follow with WHATEVER YOU WANT. Timing is crucial here. Obviously, from your POV, this is easy. Yup, sure does sound easier.
Confused

Lastly, there is NO POSITIONING REQUIRED for a counter attack. I don't even want to know where you got this information. As long as you block an opponents attack, you can counter it. It doesn't matter where your position is.

EDIT: I apologize if this comes across as being rude, I just got done working a double shift today and I'm cranky, tired, and feeling a little sick.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:

I know all about the single Wolf Bane Kick counter trick. Any skilled player will tell you that to master the game Single X counter>Scarlet Dragon>BoN. However, if that's your idea of 'depth' then you seriously need to start playing more games. By the way, the Single X counter ONLY WORKS WITH THE DRAGON SWORD AND KITETSU. Where's the depth?

I only discovered this technique last night, and was feeling so proud of myself for finding it. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Between "Counter Attacks" and "Intercepts", Intercept is definitely the better defensive move. It also takes alot more skill and leaves you with alot more options, therefore adding much more depth to the gameplay. Counter Attacks are cheesy, lame, and insanely easy to pull off. They don't leave you with many options therefore they make the gameplay appear a little shallow to me. Anyone who would prefer Counter Attacks over Intercepts is a CASUAL gamer IMO.

I never said what i prefer, and I will not do so either, at least not until I tried intercept. What I meant by that quote, is that there are people that returned NGB because the game was no more fun, (their words) and that they said that intercept was the one thing that made this game(NG) what it is.

I also don't think it is a good decision to leave it out.(if it is indeed left out.)
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the game without Intercept, because I didn't have Live. I'm curious if we get the move. When I get Black, I'll play through every mode and see if it can be bought from Muramasa.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay my first post. what da hell is intercept anyway.

thanks

Very Happy
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still unknown. and to those people that there is no intercept in black... ITS freakin uknown.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:
i DO care about intercept now that o think bout it

i mean i want a game that is made for off-line players,whsatm do i do? i cant pay 10$ for a 1-month of online game,ppl dont know the cost of the money,not to mention the game for non-modded xbox users that is 30-50$ wish is insanely high,at least for me,and now they want me to be a L33t and to beat MNM just to get...nothing? that is pure BS just like the save crap, and they want me to pay for a frigging un-polished game? this Bullsh!t,pure and solemny B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T! im sorry but if i woulnt be able to get it free then i wount buy it...thats my opinion

Un-polished?

I personally haven't played a more polished game then NGB.

And what is the "saves crap" thing ou are talking about?

it IS un-polished becuz its meant for offline-n00b gamers,i mean i wanna stick to kick some ass in ND more than get beated up lke 7 times to alma on MNM,it is just plain stupid,i just hope Mission mode has intercept...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: