ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

To put things into perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja of Sorrow
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*does what Ryu Hayabusa does*

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Back on topic.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* pats Ninja of Sorrow on the back *

Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:
Havok physics engine sucks. Keep that sh*t away from my action games and fighters.

Indeed.

To Ninjilla...by definition, physics are considered a reaction to a cause that has been ignited by a spark (usually considered the starter). So, what separates 360-level physics to PS3-level physics, is the amount of branching you can do at once.

See, the 360 has 3 main uni-function cores. Meaning that you have 3 main threads and 3 casual threads that you can apply, but they have branch prediction. The SPE's of the cell are completly free-form and open. They have no branch prediction so it's up to the dev to define the parameters of each cycle being "simulated". They also are not confined to doing the same thing every cycle like on the 360 (or you have huge latencies) because there is no prediction expected out of them.

As a plus, these SPEs happen to be blazing fast. Heart

Yummy, endless possiblities then.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:
Havok physics engine sucks. Keep that sh*t away from my action games and fighters.

Indeed.

To Ninjilla...by definition, physics are considered a reaction to a cause that has been ignited by a spark (usually considered the starter). So, what separates 360-level physics to PS3-level physics, is the amount of branching you can do at once.

See, the 360 has 3 main uni-function cores. Meaning that you have 3 main threads and 3 casual threads that you can apply, but they have branch prediction. The SPE's of the cell are completly free-form and open. They have no branch prediction so it's up to the dev to define the parameters of each cycle being "simulated". They also are not confined to doing the same thing every cycle like on the 360 (or you have huge latencies) because there is no prediction expected out of them.

As a plus, these SPEs happen to be blazing fast. Heart

Yummy, endless possiblities then.

On the hands of a talented, non-lazy developer...yeah.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Still pissed about AC huh.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:

Yes. Mad

I thought this would be one of those games that would take advantage of the Cell...but NO.

The AI of MGS4 makes up for all of this BS though. Cool
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:

Yes. Mad

I thought this would be one of those games that would take advantage of the Cell...but NO.

The AI of MGS4 makes up for all of this BS though. Cool

Well, I read the interview and all they said was that the AI was slightly better on the 360. Slightly=Barely can tell the difference. So yea, it's not that big of a deal IMO. My grand scheme has not been altered, I shall continue as planned. Evil
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want them to take advantage of the Cell and make the AI/physics/effects of the game far supperior to the 360...
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here but I just found out some good news.

ZONE OF THE F'N ENDERS 3 IS BEING MADE! Shocked

It's expected release date is sometime next year. Can't wait. PS3 for the f'n win.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at least they should have two things really important to do in NGS or NG2 if they ever do this sorta thing.

1. the physics engine. for NGB, the physics are ok, its not mind-blowing, but its not crappy either like some other physics engines(stupid rag-doll physics are ugly and annoying *ahem* spiderman2 *cough*) they should make it more realistic. Oblivion tryed to do it, but there was a sense of rag doll physics. try grabbing a dead body and roll it down a very steep hill. yep. not really that good. if they enhanced this in the next NGs, imagine how it'd be, it would be all movie cinema physics rather than crap physics. like those one movies where someone falls off a cliff and dies (realisticly).

2. AI. NGB did a good job on AI threads. but i want more. like cats for example, they only have about 4-5 attacks. i want 20-30. that way, it'd be a whole lot more challenging. same goes for bosses. like some may hide away from doku in the ch11 fight. he could use more attacks, rather than the sword throw, or hit the ground move. rather like those 2, and maybe a sword multiplier and the copies of the sword could follow you around extremely fast (dont forget guard break Twisted Evil ) and you wouldnt survive forever. and when you are up close, you'd have more trouble with upclose combat, with maybe some different combos, or switching between different moves in mid combos. (he does his UT combo, and halfway he can trick you and do his charge attack instead of trying to slice you up some more.)
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja of Sorrow wrote:
well, at least they should have two things really important to do in NGS or NG2 if they ever do this sorta thing.

1. the physics engine. for NGB, the physics are ok, its not mind-blowing, but its not crappy either like some other physics engines(stupid rag-doll physics are ugly and annoying *ahem* spiderman2 *cough*) they should make it more realistic. Oblivion tryed to do it, but there was a sense of rag doll physics. try grabbing a dead body and roll it down a very steep hill. yep. not really that good. if they enhanced this in the next NGs, imagine how it'd be, it would be all movie cinema physics rather than crap physics. like those one movies where someone falls off a cliff and dies (realisticly).

2. AI. NGB did a good job on AI threads. but i want more. like cats for example, they only have about 4-5 attacks. i want 20-30. that way, it'd be a whole lot more challenging. same goes for bosses. like some may hide away from doku in the ch11 fight. he could use more attacks, rather than the sword throw, or hit the ground move. rather like those 2, and maybe a sword multiplier and the copies of the sword could follow you around extremely fast (dont forget guard break Twisted Evil ) and you wouldnt survive forever. and when you are up close, you'd have more trouble with upclose combat, with maybe some different combos, or switching between different moves in mid combos. (he does his UT combo, and halfway he can trick you and do his charge attack instead of trying to slice you up some more.)

1. Physics have improved as you can see from teh fight with Ishtaros and when she blows those pillars away. Ragdoll would never work in a game like NG...if you made body physics, you would have to make a proprietary engine like in HS..

2. AI is not how many moves they have, but how they fetch thos emoves and how they combine them. Ai is action > reaction patern....and it is being improved as well. (the dev said it)
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Same here but I just found out some good news.

ZONE OF THE F'N ENDERS 3 IS BEING MADE! Shocked

It's expected release date is sometime next year. Can't wait. PS3 for the f'n win.

Don't get too excited..it might be a photoshop. -_-
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They tried to make Oblivions physics realistic? News to me. Hit someone with the goldbrand and they fly up 5 feet. Hit the Grayfox behind the barrels at one of the ppls houses and corkscrews out XD
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Ninja of Sorrow wrote:

1. Physics have improved as you can see from teh fight with Ishtaros and when she blows those pillars away. Ragdoll would never work in a game like NG...if you made body physics, you would have to make a proprietary engine like in HS..

2. AI is not how many moves they have, but how they fetch thos emoves and how they combine them. Ai is action > reaction patern....and it is being improved as well. (the dev said it)

well, yeah, the physics i agree are improving. (i loved that Ishy fight, and when she knocked down the pillar and Ryu backflipped i was in awe Shocked Very Happy )

andi guess your right about the AI thing, but didnt itagaki say that what he could use with the 360 cores or the PS3 cores to use two threads of AI in a character instead of one?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja of Sorrow wrote:
2. AI. NGB did a good job on AI threads. but i want more. like cats for example, they only have about 4-5 attacks. i want 20-30. that way, it'd be a whole lot more challenging.

No, it'd be near impossible. Remember, for each attack, there's a way to counter attack it properly, and you have to do that whilst thinking about the attacks the other cats are using. If you have 4 enemies around you who can do one of 20 things, you're in the **** when it comes to dodging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: