ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

To put things into perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keylay wrote:
We need a multi-platform game to see the how different they look on PS3 and 360. Perhaps Assassin's Creed will be that game. I'm hoping Ninja Gaiden 2 looks better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Multiplatform games are the worst type to see the differences.

Mainly because they are usually made for the lowest factor and ported to the other console.
RobinHat
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao lonewolf, you're actually using that sig I made? Laughing

LONEWOLF RULZ!!!!
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Corsa221

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 360 is uncomparably better than the PS3. Everything we've seen on PS3, scripted.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenix Phire wrote:
The 360 is uncomparably better than the PS3. Everything we've seen on PS3, scripted.

*gives flame sheild* Good luck good sir. be ready for charts and comments from NoC.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenix Phire wrote:

LMAO you just flipped the whole thing. Every effect, every physical object, EVERYTHING on the 360 so far has been scripted or with predictated branch paths...why? Because the 360 can't handle random calculations. It cannot handle the density of randomly generated operations because it does not have a fast enough CPU...and even the CPU it has, is locked in a predicated pathway.

Now that is great and all for beginners, but for devs like Team NINJA, that is very limiting...and NGS shows it.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no bone in this, but as fast as, and as powerful as the Cell reports to be with physics calculations, in the PS 3, in the end (from what I understand, and I admit my understanding IS limited) it's the 360's GPU that is the "equalizer"(comparing the 360 GPU with the PS 3's GPU)- which "most" say to be a bit better, correct?

So, all the processing power in the world doesn't mean dick if it can't translate onscreen at the same time.

I'm no computer geek, so if I'm corrected... It won't be the first(or last) time.
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I was speaking "in generalities about both consoles", not solely to Ninja of Chaos's point concerning PS 3.

I just always want clarification on the gpu's of both systems- and I'm to lazy to dig it up myself and too dumb to understand it IF I did. Laughing

Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:
I've no bone in this, but as fast as, and as powerful as the Cell reports to be with physics calculations, in the PS 3, in the end (from what I understand, and I admit my understanding IS limited) it's the 360's GPU that is the "equalizer"(comparing the 360 GPU with the PS 3's GPU)- which "most" say to be a bit better, correct?

So, all the processing power in the world doesn't mean dick if it can't translate onscreen at the same time.

I'm no computer geek, so if I'm corrected... It won't be the first(or last) time.

The Xenos is more efficient with the power it has, but the RSX has more raw power. The 48 pieplines of the Xenos are like 14 in the RSX (which has 32...).
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious...

So does that "raw" power(PS 3's CPU/GPU) get tapped outside of outstanding producers, you think? (All the "Big Dawgs" i.e., Team Ninja, Kojima, Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dog, Tiberion(EA), etc.)

They have 1080p written all over their works(with physics) on the PS 3.

* shrugs *

Anyhoo, costs have got be a monster for many small teams of producers, and for all systems.
I imagine the PS 3 scaring ALOT of upstarts off, unless they sign some sort of deal with Sony to share costs/profits, with Sony damn near owning(or straight out owning) their body of work in the end, lol.

What's your opinion on how many truly 1080p PS 3 titles will be made with the Cell's "raw power" over it's projected 10 year life span?

I suspect 720p will be the norm through out the industry, with the last 4 years seeing the most 1080p "True HD" titles, as cost/benefit doesn't justify the usage for most "normal" next gen games.

I'll put away my crystal ball now and listen. Razz

Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:
Curious...

So does that "raw" power(PS 3's CPU/GPU) get tapped outside of outstanding producers, you think? (All the "Big Dawgs" i.e., Team Ninja, Kojima, Polyphony Digital, Naughty Dog, Tiberion(EA), etc.)

They have 1080p written all over their works(with physics) on the PS 3.

* shrugs *

Anyhoo, costs have got be a monster for many small teams of producers, and for all systems.
I imagine the PS 3 scaring ALOT of upstarts off, unless they sign some sort of deal with Sony to share costs/profits, with Sony damn near owning(or straight out owning) their body of work in the end, lol.

What's your opinion on how many truly 1080p PS 3 titles will be made with the Cell's "raw power" over it's projected 10 year life span?

I suspect 720p will be the norm through out the industry, with the last 4 years seeing the most 1080p "True HD" titles, as cost/benefit doesn't justify the usage for most "normal" next gen games.

I'll put away my crystal ball now and listen. Razz

There is already like 10 of them right now that are in true 1080p on the PS3. You will see games in 720p mostly for the next 2 years or so, but after that PS3 should have 1080p as the norm (with the 360 lagging behind since it cannot support true 1080p).

And the raw power is used by the one who wants it to. You can have direct PC/360 ports on the PS3 and make them look 20% better (Like the doom dude already confirmed) w/o making them specifically run for the cell...so if you don't want to take advantage of its unique architecture or raw power, don't.

But it IS there. And on top of all that, you can use Cell cores as a GPU as well, for after effect, shading, and mostly geometry (to which they are better then any GPU out there bya long shot). The Flex I/O is blazing fast too, so there won't be much delay if you want to use the PS3 as a 9-core machine.

One thing that is hard right now, but in the end will be oh so good for devs, is that the PS3 has its ram split. It has 256MB of XDRAM attached to the cell, and 256 GDDRAM 3 of the RSX. THis set-up was obviously set so that it takes away letancy when using the Flex IO at its fullest, but right now where the cell is being used for stupid thing like hair, it's hurting texture resolution.
Ninja of Sorrow
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, didnt the TGS CONFIRMED that 360 would get an update so that it can play 1080p?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja of Sorrow wrote:
wait, didnt the TGS CONFIRMED that 360 would get an update so that it can play 1080p?

Through component cables...problem is there is no HDTV that supports 1080p through component. Laughing
Silencer15
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: REmakePRO15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Ninja of Sorrow wrote:

Through component cables...problem is there is no HDTV that supports 1080p through component. Laughing

LMAO, they almost had me when they said you could play the 360 at 1080p through an update. Laughing
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Ninja of Sorrow wrote:

There are a extremely few, but more newer gen HDTV's can now. The ICT won't be activated for a few years so for the time being, you'll use either/or. They(MS) have a HDMI output coming out for the spring, or sooner for the 360...So that too will be moot point.

I dunno, I expect 720p will be the norm for awhile, with 1080p by the majors mainly, but what do I know? I'm not a programmer.Razz

I will have both systems(PS 3 after a few price drops) so everyone wins in the end.

Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Ninja of Sorrow wrote:

There are a extremely few, but more newer gen HDTV's can now. The ICT won't be activated for a few years so for the time being, you'll use either/or. They(MS) have a HDMI output coming out for the spring, or sooner for the 360...So that too will be moot point.

I dunno, I expect 720p will be the norm for awhile, with 1080p by the majors mainly, but what do I know? I'm not a programmer.Razz

I will have both systems(PS 3 after a few price drops) so everyone wins in the end.

Even like that, the games won't have a native 1080p res, but instead will be upscaled from the buffer...like PGR3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: