ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

1 thing that HAS to be changed for Sigma...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
LOL... I knew this was going to happen. Lots of people think UT's are 'fine' the way they are set up now... Well, hate to be the bearer of bad news but UT's are broken. Simple as that. They rape any lower class fiend (Once you get the Dabi you might as well throw the challenge out the window...), give you more money, give you easy points and they are insanely simple to pull off (My sister, who rarely plays games was able to get the hang of it within 15 minute.) If that isn't broken then I don't know what is... I find it ironic how a move called Ultimate Technique can be pulled off with little 'technique'.

I want balance. There's tons of things that can be done to UT's alone to balance them out, Keylay's already mentioned one possible way which I happen to like the idea. I'd like to hear some more suggestions.

Should be called UA then, as in Ultimate Attack.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend calls them UEs lol.

I lost all my saves with 30m in mm DAMNIT!!!
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
What if the UTs were quick button combinations.

Like you keep Y pressed, and on impact with the enemy you have to string a bunch of buttons to keep the ut going till the end. If you miss, you would be stuck in recovery while the enemy is completly free from his...

I'm still working on figuring out how this would work with the Dabi and Warhammer.

and the UF...

well, timing I suppose. Hold Y to charge-release to start, press X at the top of your jump, any Y at the moment of impact
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
What if the UTs were quick button combinations.

Like you keep Y pressed, and on impact with the enemy you have to string a bunch of buttons to keep the ut going till the end. If you miss, you would be stuck in recovery while the enemy is completly free from his...

I'm still working on figuring out how this would work with the Dabi and Warhammer.

and the UF...

well, timing I suppose. Hold Y to charge-release to start, press X at the top of your jump, any Y at the moment of impact

That's still a little too simple to pull off. That'd only take about 10 minutes to get the timing down.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll get something like God of War: input buttons at the right moments to do great amounts of damage. Buttons are random. Keeps the challenge and speed in the game.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I hate the kind of stuff because it completely kills the pace and flow of the game. NG is all about fast paced technical action. A button pressing sequence would just annihilate the flow of the game.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
No. I hate the kind of stuff because it completely kills the pace and flow of the game. NG is all about fast paced technical action. A button pressing sequence would just annihilate the flow of the game.

I ment it like this: if you input the attack correctly, you do more damage then if you 'miss'.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... It seems like a good idea at first but stuff like that just get's annoying over time. It'll get to the point to where you'll just want to avoid using UT's completely because you won't want to go through the whole button pressing sequence.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other suggestions then? Personally I like the UT's as they were originally designed. But I tend to like fvcked up games alot.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way you pull them off wouldn't really bother me so much if they were just balanced and kind of prevented the ability to chain them. I like Keylay's idea of only being able to do a UT with a Red/Blue Essence. If I was in charge, I'd set the move up to have some recovery time and maybe add a little charge meter so you wouldn't be able to do one again until the meter's full.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean a button sequence like in GoW...I meant one like in the old 2D fighters and how you inputed their ultimate attack...only here you have to do it after the charge up and impact with the enemy.

So it's pre-made, you have no buttons flashing on the screen or anything, it's like a dial-up combo with each weapon having two sepcific ones (ET and UT).

Last edited by Ninja Of Chaos on Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could work as well. I've seen that somewhere before, I think it was Blood Omen 2. You'd had this bar that you filled up with blocking, and then you could use some powerful attacks.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Could work as well. I've seen that somewhere before, I think it was Blood Omen 2. You'd had this bar that you filled up with blocking, and then you could use some powerful attacks.

Giga Wing 2 uses that for the counter shields it has.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking something like:

-You have a Technique Gauge. Half of the Gauge needs to be full to perform an ET and a Full Gauge is needed for a UT.

-Killing enemies refills your Gauge. Your Gauge does not fill up if you use a Technique attack. The only way a Technique Attack can fill up your Gauge is if you mange to kill 2 enemies (Maybe 3) with one ET.

-You can only do a UT with a Red/Blue Essence like Keylay suggested. Once you do a UT it completely drains your Technique Gauge. Enemies killed by a UT leave Yellow Essence like they do now.

-It takes 2 Yellow Essence's to perform an ET.

-An enemy killed by a ET will release a Red or Blue Essence (Even though you can perform a UT with a Red or Blue Essence you'll have to wait for your Gauge to completely refill). However, if you manage to take out 2 enemies (maybe 3 if killing 2 enemies proves to be to easy)with a single ET, your Technique Gauge will immediately fill up all the way thus a UT can be immediately chained if there's a Red/Blue Essence around. Think of it as a bonus. Now ET's will sort of become the favored attack over UT's because of this bonus and ET's are nowhere near as overpowered as UT's. Plus, mastering ET usage will become the key to using UT's.

If I was in charge I'd want something like this to be implemented.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
I was thinking something like:

-You have a Technique Gauge. Half of the Gauge needs to be full to perform an ET and a Full Gauge is needed for a UT.

-Killing enemies refills your Gauge. Your Gauge does not fill up if you use a Technique attack. The only way a Technique Attack can fill up your Gauge is if you mange to kill 2 enemies (Maybe 3) with one ET.

-You can only do a UT with a Red/Blue Essence like Keylay suggested. Once you do a UT it completely drains your Technique Gauge. Enemies killed by a UT leave Yellow Essence like they do now.

-It takes 2 Yellow Essence's to perform an ET.

-An enemy killed by a ET will release a Red or Blue Essence (Even though you can perform a UT with a Red or Blue Essence you'll have to wait for your Gauge to completely refill). However, if you manage to take out 2 enemies (maybe 3 if killing 2 enemies proves to be to easy)with a single ET, your Technique Gauge will immediately fill up all the way thus a UT can be immediately chained if there's a Red/Blue Essence around. Think of it as a bonus. Now ET's will sort of become the favored attack over UT's because of this bonus and ET's are nowhere near as overpowered as UT's. Plus, mastering ET usage will become the key to using UT's.

If I was in charge I'd want something like this to be implemented.

That sounds like it's a little underpowering and confusing. I think Yellow orbs should just be eleminated from usage all together, and use the gauge as the only defining factor between an ET and a UT...(but then what if you want to do an ET when gauge is full?)

Maybe use red for UT and Blue for ET? They would have to slightly increase the amount of times these spawn though...

I still like the idea of button presses though. Pulling those Ultimate techniques in 2D fighters always felt satsifying...I would like that in NG as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: