ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Accident on vacation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Whatever You Want
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Accident on vacation Reply with quote

Some may already know, but alot don't. So here is a story of me and my girl on vacation when something happened.

A couple of weeks ago, we stayed for 4 days at a nice hotel in Limburg (that's a provence in the Netherlands). Lots of stuff to do, nice places to visit, the usual some might say. Personally I didn't expect this good from my own country, but that's besides the point.

At day 3, we went to visit some old castle. We got there, did our thing, took pictures and went back. Once we got back in the town where our hotel was, it happened.

I was driving when I saw a car making its turn to leave its parking space. I was too close to stop, so I made a hard left in an attempt to evade the car. It proved useless; the car hit me on the righthand backside.

BUMP.

My girlfriend was shaken but nothing serious. I got out of the car and yelled out of frustration to the driver and inspected the damage to my car. It turned out that the door to the backseat had a big dent in it, as well as in the area around it (don't have pics but will put them up when I make them). Also, the wheels' hub-cap was completely destroyed and lay scattered on the road. Last but not least, the exhaustion pipe had shifted a little, making it sound like I had a second engine in the back of the car.

The driver of the other car turned out to be an old (78 years isn't exactly young IMO) lady. She admitted that it was her fault. I had in the meantime regained my cool and had called the police. When they arrived, they helped us filling in the forms and made their report. After that we drove to the old lady's cardealer and fillend in the insurance papers with the help of the dealer himself (which was a very nice man who knew the lady). After that I phoned my parents and told them everything. They were glad nobody was hurt and they would look at the car when we got home.

When we got home the next day, my dad inspected the damage and told me to contact our insurance spokesperson. After telling what happened, and me saying that I was quite worried that the car might be taken away, he said that if I still had the car's papers, nothing was wrong. Obviously, I was quite relieved.

Yesterday the car went to our garage for inspection. I feared the worst to be honest, since the car is 16 years old now and I knew that if the damage to the car was greater then the car's current value, it would be declared total loss and that it wouldn't return here. And knowing that the car is pretty old, I figured the value would be around 250 - 300.

I was mistaken. Big time.

Today the car was retrieved and my mom told me everything. She told me that the damage was estimated at 1800. That's quite alot, but what she said next blew me away. The insurance company said that the current value of the car was estimated at 900. That's 3 times as much as I originally thought. She also said that we were allowed to keep the car. I was so relieved at that point. Now we only need to find someone who can cheaply help us out with the damage, because at the garage it would be 1800 as previously said.

Am I relieved that that is over.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good thing you and your girlfriend are alright. Very Happy.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C.E. wrote:
It's a good thing you and your girlfriend are alright. Very Happy.

Indeed it is. If I hadn't acted as quick as I did, she would have been in a world of hurt.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

three hurrays for Ryu! who is better at driving cars than at driving(that's supposewd to be another word isn't it?) trains
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
three hurrays for Ryu! who is better at driving cars than at driving(that's supposewd to be another word isn't it?) trains

Controlling could be.

Anyway, I'm happy we all got away unharmed. It could have been a whole lot worse now that I think it over.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you could have been pushed off of cliff or something. <.<

So in the netherlands you can't just pay more than your car's value to fix it just cause you like the car? Confused

Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookami wrote:
Yeah, you could have been pushed off of cliff or something. <.<

So in the netherlands you can't just pay more than your car's value to fix it just cause you like the car? Confused

No, the insurance company doesn't give you more then the current value of the car. So if damage is higher, you have to pay that yourself extra. Or your car can be declared total loss, and you may never drive it again. You do get the current value of your car then though.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myeah play NGB 1 time a day and you will ahve the reflexes of the best.
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I goof around a bit, but Ryu, I want you to know that I did not read that first post because it was really long.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masakado, the Red Samurai wrote:
I know I goof around a bit, but Ryu, I want you to know that I did not read that first post because it was really long.

Then why posting here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Whatever You Want All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: