ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

NG BLACK hi-res cover scan/New Boss names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I forgot to mention that Mission Mode has a selectable difficulty PER Mission. You can also change costumes after each Mission, too!
So if you find yourself sucking a really hard one against Nicchae and Ishtaros at the same time, then MAYBE you should switch to Ninja Dog for practice before attempting Master Ninja (just a suggestion).

Oh, and as far as I know, all the saves from the original NG DO NOT work on BLACK. Since BLACK uses the Hurricane Pack engine for all difficulties, anything from the old NG is basically obsolete (but it WILL help to have them on the hard drive because the old saves unlock much content for you right off the bat).

Let's see, what else? OH, it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day today!! ARRHH!!! Ahoy Mateys! Ye be walking the plank!

Twisted Evil
aaxe
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! That is awesome. Can you also verify that you CANNOT use all the weapons in the Missions? This differs from what we've seen in the videos. Hopefully, you can unlock that. What differs between the difficulties for the Missions?

Also, I wonder what happens now when you get 50 Scarabs, and then shoot the Clock Face or go back to Peristyle Passage?

Also, the game is setup like the Hurricane Pack even on Normal, that screws the story up pretty good. I guess it would be a good thing to have the original so that you get the original story. (i.e. No Black Spider Clan at the Shadow Ninja Fortress).

Do we get more save slots?

Did you just get the Strategy Guide? Wink

Great FAQ's BTW. Can I possibly ask any more questions?
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GASP!! AAXE!! YOU'RE ALIVE!! Very Happy
J/K, bro. It's good to see your still around. It seems you and I are the only NG authors that still give a damn about the game.

As far as I know, I think you can still play the NES games in the Menu screen in BLACK. But I'm not so sure about that because they weren't unlockable in the HP1. (My guess is that Ryukenden is the only unlockable game.)

To answer your question, I stopped by my local Planet X (a Gamestop subsidiary) over the weekend and browsed through the pretty much informative but plagiarized version of the Prima Guide for BLACK. It's a good read but I couldn't help but notice how similar it was to my HP1 FAQ.

I mean, you could literally take the Prima Guide for BLACK and my HP1 FAQ and then read them side-by-side and see that Prima belligerently copied most of my words and style. But whatever. I ain't gonna complain because their first NG guide sucked ass.

Anyway, if you have any BLACK specific questions that aren't Prima Guide-related, ask away.

Twisted Evil
aaxe
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here. I'm just glad that somebody is into this game as I am.

Dude. That sucks about Prima. I'm going to have to check that out. Their first guide was TERRIBLE, so if the second one even comes close to how cool your's is, then they definitely ripped you off.

Like I said, I just want to know the same stuff everybody wants to know. My biggest concern is getting stuck with certain weapons in the Mission Modes. I hope that you can unlock all of the weapons for those modes. I can't think of anything more painful than having to battle Hydracubus and Pincer Fiends with a freaking War Hammer (and I love the War Hammer).

So, my questions (aside from those already asked) are:

1. If Blue Ninja costume is no longer selectable, what the h3ll do you start off with?
2. How many save slots?
3. Does Normal mode follow at least the original game (with the original Kunai Notes)? If not, this game is going to be extremely confusing. (i.e. Why is Ayane introducing the Black Spider Clan now when I had to fight them 3 Chapters ago?)
4. Are you or I in the CREDITS?!??!?! for MNT scores

I was getting worried, because I didn't see the game in "the usual places," and I thought that you got the drop on me! Of course, I've got my pre-order receipt in my wallet as I type, so it's only a couple more days, I suppose.
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaxe wrote:
I'm still here. I'm just glad that somebody is into this game as I am.

Dude. That sucks about Prima. I'm going to have to check that out. Their first guide was TERRIBLE, so if the second one even comes close to how cool your's is, then they definitely ripped you off.

Like I said, I just want to know the same stuff everybody wants to know. My biggest concern is getting stuck with certain weapons in the Mission Modes. I hope that you can unlock all of the weapons for those modes. I can't think of anything more painful than having to battle Hydracubus and Pincer Fiends with a freaking War Hammer (and I love the War Hammer).

So, my questions (aside from those already asked) are:

1. If Blue Ninja costume is no longer selectable, what the h3ll do you start off with?
2. How many save slots?
3. Does Normal mode follow at least the original game (with the original Kunai Notes)? If not, this game is going to be extremely confusing. (i.e. Why is Ayane introducing the Black Spider Clan now when I had to fight them 3 Chapters ago?)
4. Are you or I in the CREDITS?!??!?! for MNT scores

I was getting worried, because I didn't see the game in "the usual places," and I thought that you got the drop on me! Of course, I've got my pre-order receipt in my wallet as I type, so it's only a couple more days, I suppose.

Dude, don't even get me started on how stinky their first Prima NG guide was. The BLACK guide is okay but nothing worth wasting $16 dollars and 99 cents.

Let me answer your questions (or at least try to):

All weapons in Mission Mode are pre-set. Basically, you are given a specific set of weapons and that's all you have to work with. So if fighting Nicchae and Ishtaros with only the DDB isn't your cup of tea, you're screwed.

#1: Although the blue costume is no longer selectable, I think its still useable until Chapter 3 like the original version.
#2: It should be 10 Save Slots. Why would there be any less?
#3: Since the game uses the HP1 engine, the story becomes completely out of sequence and whack. Enemies are basically where they shouldn't be. And all of Ayane's notes are mixed around.
#4: I think our names for the MNT are still there. Any scores uploaded from BLACK to XBL are strictly for Mission Mode only and don't affect the MNT board.

Now all this stuff is still up in the air. Since Team Ninja delayed the game, they could've changed a lot of stuff and everything I said might be wrong.

Twisted Evil
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok that answered his questions good.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Screwed story - Well, that's not a big deal, but that's sealed the deal with me keeping my original copy.
2. Mission Mode Weapon Selection - Man, that kinda sucks. I was really psyched about that after seeing all of the videos where Ryu had every weapon available. I guess it was unbalanced...
3. Save Slots - I was hoping that there would be MORE save slots, so we could have our own Level select in the Save Game sections. That way, you could save before all of your favorite parts and not have to worry about it.
4. MNT Scores - The guy on 1up specifically stated that the winners of the MNT are listed in the credits. My question was what number did they go to? I'm guessing top 10...

Thanks, again!
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey aaxe,

Wanna hear something coincidental? I saw that Iberian Warrior has included your FAQs in addition to mine on his site but there's a big problem that I spotted.

On the FAQ page of IW's site, there is an "author" named Bigalski that made a list of all the locations for the Life of The Gods. Guess what? Bigalski plagiarized his list from my HP FAQ word-for-word just like Prima did! GODDAMMIT!
I don't understand how my HP FAQ is worth copying word-for-word! When you got the time, dude, check it out. I'm SUPER pissed at this development, man! All of a sudden, no one is interested in giving credit where it's due.

Violent
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the IGN goofball (I slaughter Ishtaros! I ream Ryu! I bone the Red Dragon Fiends!) prolly drove TN to make the weapons in Mission Mode fixed. But hey, they're sending assassins to the 1UP (I wasted TN and beat down Itagaki in DOA 4!) guy's house, so I guess IGN got off easy.
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant wait for NGB...lets rob team ninja!

ill snipe them and u...umm sneak if u arent fat

lol J/K i still have my NG save...

and what do u thinl that those features are?
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah snipe them so we can get no more ninja gaidens. you are so friggin smart sephi.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VampireHorde wrote:

On the FAQ page of IW's site, there is an "author" named Bigalski that made a list of all the locations for the Life of The Gods. Guess what? Bigalski plagiarized his list from my HP FAQ word-for-word just like Prima did! GODDAMMIT!
Violent

Dude. That sucks. Those guys are super respectful of other people's work. Before they put mine up there, they asked permission (even though I don't care). I know that they credit you on that FAQ page. Just say something to them, and they'll probably remedy the situation. Seriously. They're good guys.
HyperShadow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance of Team Ninja listing the top 37 players in the MNTs by any chance ? lol
It's a real shame about them using the HP1 engine screwing up the story, but I must say i don't really believe it. Since the beginning TN have always said this'd be a "perfect" edition of Ninja Gaiden, why would they overlook something so important as the storyline?
They didn't care about the storyline in HP1 cos it was a download for ppl who would have at least finished the game once .... plus i don't think it's such a hassle to rewrite/reorganize some kunai scrolls and enemy placements.
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
oh yeah snipe them so we can get no more ninja gaidens. you are so friggin smart sephi.

yeah,i won my...umm....................................................................................................................science contest!...u know.....ummmm..........................................2+3 is 23!

well...and then im gonna snipe bill gates for converting a calculator in the xbox360!...

anyway im only a kid,im 13 u know? im too kiddo,like u! (not kidding...its true)

Slipknot / iowa has made me what i am...not really

i hope ninja gaiden goes on...
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaxe wrote:
VampireHorde wrote:

Violent

Dude. That sucks. Those guys are super respectful of other people's work. Before they put mine up there, they asked permission (even though I don't care). I know that they credit you on that FAQ page. Just say something to them, and they'll probably remedy the situation. Seriously. They're good guys.

Y'know, they may be the case but I sure as hell don't appreciate plagiarization of my work no matter how good these guys are. Credit should be given and I'm coming down on Bigalski and Prima.

Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: