ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Warcraft - Frozen Throne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrispy
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

Gamertag: N/A

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Warcraft - Frozen Throne Reply with quote

what do you guys think of this game? I tryed it once, and now I'm addicted Razz

getting my computer this weekend, so I'm getting frozen throne as well Very Happy

If I would grade frozen throne I would give it a... 8/10 Very Happy
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have both and i play TFT regurarly on the net.

so many funny mods Very Happy
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I've only played WC3 once, I cannot comment on this one. But if it is roughly the same as WOW, then I will probably hate it.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still play wc3, if you played and listen the whole campaign, the story truely amazing.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow = -1,000,000/10

wc3 = 8/10

yeah shure, its almost the same... Razz
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just recently got Frozen Throne and all I can say is, this game is hard. With all the new units and hero's the game has become even more of a nightmare to micro and macro. Especially for me seeing as how I'm a Night Elf player. And is it just me, or did the NE get seriously nerfed? Huntresses get ownt no matter how hard you try to support them, Demon Hunter is no longer the champion he use to be, at least not until level 6. The new hero, Warden, has some useful tricks but keeping her alive to reach level 3 or 4 is a tough challenge all by itself. There's a couple more reasons but the bottom line is the NE just don't seem that great anymore. I like the new additional units but they don't seem to help cover the large hole that remains after the NE nerf. I dunno though, I've only been playing the game for a week now so maybe once I get more accustomed to all of the NE changes I'll start to see where their true might lies.

The Undead on the other hand is just straight up unstoppable. The new units are great, the new hero is straight up viscious, and when you mix them all together you have an unstoppable force of nature. The Undead is easily the best race in the game. Another plus is they don't require as much 'babysitting' as the other races.

Orcs play better now that they got a strong air game. Sending in a couple Batriders to kamikaze a group of gryphons/chimera's is always hilarious. Hehehe, awesome way to show your opponent that he/she just wasted a ton of valuable resources as well as cement your air dominance. Orc's new hero is a nice addition to the team, it's useful to have a strictly support type hero. His ultimate spell, Big Bad Voodoo, is just straight up unfair Laughing .

The humans... well, I've never been a human player so I can't really comment on them that well. Thier new hero (Blood Mage) just doesn't seem as great as the other races new hero's. The new human units are allright but I particularly favor the Spellbreaker being the best out of the new bunch. Definately worth it to bring a couple of these guys into battle. Nothing like taking all of your opponents advantages and putting them on your squad. Hehehe, good way to piss off Orc players who rely on Shamans and Bloodlust. Don't really know what else to comment on... like I said, I don't really play with the humans much. For the most part though, they seem to be as balanced as ever. No real strong or weak points.

I guess I could go on about all the changes made to the core gameplay but I'll try to keep it short. I like how you can now see Creep camps on the mini-map. I like how you can toggle the colors for allies and enemies. This definately makes it easier to make out all the chaos that happens in 8v8 games. I also like how each race can build a shop within their base and buy items there. This feature alone will save your hero's lives MANY times. Always make sure you stock up. Always. There were some more changes I noticed but these were the first ones to pop in my head. I'll just end this post here.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think its hard Neutral

But I only play Tower Defence though Razz
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
*Enough text to fill a novel*

You should write books...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: