ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

FF:AC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Religion doesn't hold back the evils in our hearts but it's been doing a damn good job at softening the blow.
-Indeed your family is not alone. But I'm talking about society as a whole. The more that time goes on, the rarer families like yours will become and that won't be able to change the way the general public acts. And where do you think your familys' value system originated from?
-Religious extremists are part of the problem but I didn't claim that they weren't.
-My values are a part of me as well but the thing is that people are 'evolving' and are able to live life without that part of them.
-You seem to be missing my point as much as you believe me to be missing your point. Way back when, people had little to no knowledge of the world around them and saw no negative things to come of killing and harming others. Religion was put into play to give people a new part of them, a conceince. As time goes on, it has evolved to a point where an all-mighty creator isn't needed for some to want to do good in this world. For everybody else, religion is necessary. But now, people believe it to be obsolete due to factual evidence and extremists and those without value systems are doomed to remain without them.

Look at it this way; there are 50 out of 100 families that have values and standards. Then, the population grows and some of the children in those familes decide to leave the value system of their parents behind. Then it becomes 40 out 200 families and the trend keeps continueing. Sure there will always be good people out there but it will never outweigh the moral-deprived side of the population.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: