ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Playstation 3 not until November in Japan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Playstation 3 not until November in Japan Reply with quote

According to a Japanese newspaper the Playstation 3 is delayed until November of this year in Japan, due to copy-protection faults with Blu-Ray. The definitive specifications aren't set yet and this leads to a delay of six months.

If this newspaper is correct, then this could spell bad news for Sony. If the Playstation 3 launches in November in Japan, that could mean that America and Europe won't see the Playstation 3 until next year. This gives Microsoft a great oppurtunity to gain a good marketshare, as well as Nintendo, should their new console be as innovative and revolutionary as Nintendo promises.

I got this from a Dutch website and I translated it for all of you to read.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weeeeeeeeeee down with sony
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Sony announced today that they are planning to release the Playstation 3 worldwide in November. This means that the console will be available everywhere in November, give or take a few days. Until the end of the next fiscal year (that ends in March 2007), Sony plans to ship 6 million consoles. After launch they want to produce a million consoles a month.

With delaying the launch until November, it is possible to have that many consoles ready by that time. It is possible to start producing from June, at which time the final developer kit will be released for developers. Still, caution is needed, because everybody knows how the worldwide release of the PSP went.

The online part will be much like Xbox Live, and will have standard lobby and voice-chat tools. The 'basic' version of Playstation 3 Online will be free and is based on technology of GameSpy.

The Playstation 3 will be fully backwards compatible with both Playstation 1 and 2 games. Note that all those games will be played in High Definition. The Playstation 3 can read both CD's and DVD's, but all Playstation 3 games will be released on Blu-Ray. The BD-ROM's are produced with a capacity of 10 million a month with a salesprice that is the same as a Dual-Layer DVD.

The Playstation 3 will have a 60GB HDD. This HDD is a requirement and will be most likely a standard component. Should the 60GB not suffice, then it is always possible to upgrade. The Playstation 3 supports Linux OS.

Again, from a Dutch website.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAME PRICE AS A DUAL LAYER DVD!?? That blows my mind.

Ok AND THE ONLINE IS FREEEEEEE??? Did i read that correctly.... yes! it shall be freeeeeeeeeeeee. wait, whats basic mean?

World wide launch? well because it was delayed it should go well

i think i shall save up for one
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows. I'm sceptical if they reach November for the launch, but anything is possible.

A small update: The Playstation 3 is very important for the plagued Sony. The Playstation 3 will probably cost around $400,-, which means Sony will lose $230,- apiece.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is a dual-layer DVD?
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
How much is a dual-layer DVD?

Dunno that. But I think not that expensive. Correct me on this.
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Playstation 3 not until November in Japan Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
According to a Japanese newspaper the Playstation 3 is delayed until November of this year in Japan, due to copy-protection faults with Blu-Ray. The definitive specifications aren't set yet and this leads to a delay of six months.

Translation:
We don't have any games ready for a spring launch so let's make up a stupid excuse.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Playstation 3 not until November in Japan Reply with quote

Dances w Ninjas wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:

Translation:
We don't have any games ready for a spring launch so let's make up a stupid excuse.

Well, that's true.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is VHS/Betamax all over again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
This is VHS/Betamax all over again...

What is Betamax?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I feel old.

Betamax was a video-cassette format released by Sony in the 1970's as competition to the VHS format. Although Betamax held superior quality to the VHS is a number of ways, JVC (the creators of VHS) licenced out the technology to a number of other companies, sacrificing potential profit for extra market coverage. Sony conceded defeat in 1988 and began producing their own VHS tapes/recorders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
Damn, I feel old.

Betamax was a video-cassette format released by Sony in the 1970's as competition to the VHS format. Although Betamax held superior quality to the VHS is a number of ways, JVC (the creators of VHS) licenced out the technology to a number of other companies, sacrificing potential profit for extra market coverage. Sony conceded defeat in 1988 and began producing their own VHS tapes/recorders.

Thanks. I honestly never heard of it until now.
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 14 and yet I knew some of that stuff....weird.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
I am 14 and yet I knew some of that stuff....weird.

Must be the fact that I'm from Europe. Anyway, I hope for Sony that they can make it to November for a worldwide launch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: