ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Just Shoot Me...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

Gamertag: Dances w Ninjas
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Just Shoot Me... Reply with quote

Well for the first time in about a month, I decided to play Ninja Gaiden: Black. I've been stuck at the stupid archive fiend challenge on master ninja for quite some time now. I play and I am suddenly reminded of what I hated the most. Cats... The same process repeats itself each time:
-Fight
-Spam UTs
-Grab blue essence occasionally
-Get hit by an incedintary shuriken and be FSed twice during the stun
-Talisman of Rebirth animation
-Hold back and start
But there was one special encounter that I would like to share. I was doing to same ol' thing, fighting, getting FSed n' such. But this time I was doing great. I wasn't using any elixers at all. I get to about 90 kills and take a big hit. I use a Great Spirit Elixer anyway(I allow myself 1 GSE and 1 EOSL since there are 2 chests upstairs that I can go to afterwards). I continue fighting until I'm at 118 kills. 118!!! There are 2 cat fiends left and lucky me, one is laying on the ground. I'm thinking to myself "I'm about to win this bvtch! Take that Hentai!!!". I'm next to it, I hit X and I go through the door. There it goes. All of that work. Gone. I just stared blankly at my TV for about 10 minutes thinking "Wow. Just wow Andrew. You really fvcked up this time".

Eh. I'll beat it one of these days. It just might be a while. I hope that made you feel just a little better about yourself.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you would restart just for using a talisman. That is one of the hardest encounters in the game. Not to mention it is not that hard to buy another one.

But that opening the door thing WOW. I've learned from those incidents before though. I always either jump and get away from the doors or just use Y, never X. But wow 118....If it makes you feel any better, at least your game works. I can't play my NGs.

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illmatic wrote:
I don't know why you would restart just for using a talisman. That is one of the hardest encounters in the game. Not to mention it is not that hard to buy another one.

The thing is, I don't like to spend my money on anything but weapon upgrades. So I learn to take what I can get from chests.

I also forgot to mention. I had 99,999 essence when I checked after walking out of that door. 70,000 was going towards finishing off my wooden sword payments, 10,000 going to the warhammer and lunar and 19,999 to party!!!
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papickett - That would be pretty cool to try. Spend your essence on nothing but weapon upgrades and don't buy anything else. Anyway, that's kind of a bummer since you can't upgrade Wooden Sword completely until Chapter 8.

Will Attempt Mission Mode and Hard Difficulty
Unlocked Everything Possible on Normal Difficulty Very Happy
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson Darkness wrote:
Papickett - That would be pretty cool to try. Spend your essence on nothing but weapon upgrades and don't buy anything else. Anyway, that's kind of a bummer since you can't upgrade Wooden Sword completely until Chapter 8.

I've been doing that ever since I beat the game for the first time and I'm not going to change now.

HHHHHOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

I DID IT!!!

*sings the Dora the Explorer we did it song but replaces most of the words with swears directed towards cats*

Now to beat Alma without using elixers.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papickett wrote:
Illmatic wrote:

The thing is, I don't like to spend my money on anything but weapon upgrades. So I learn to take what I can get from chests.

I also forgot to mention. I had 99,999 essence when I checked after walking out of that door. 70,000 was going towards finishing off my wooden sword payments, 10,000 going to the warhammer and lunar and 19,999 to party!!!

First off, there is no reason to upgrade the Warhammer, especially if you're gonna buy the UF. Secondly, you don't really need to get the UF 'till chapter 10 (8/9 are mostly bow chapters). Thirdly, if you max out essence during a challenge you REALLY shouldn't mind wasting a talisman.

I mean, only buying weapon upgrades is fine and all, but when you max out your essecne and upgrades halfway through the game you'll lose a lot of karma, and the essence you collect goes to waste.

Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illmatic wrote:
Papickett wrote:
Illmatic wrote:

First off, there is no reason to upgrade the Warhammer, especially if you're gonna buy the UF. Secondly, you don't really need to get the UF 'till chapter 10 (8/9 are mostly bow chapters). Thirdly, if you max out essence during a challenge you REALLY shouldn't mind wasting a talisman.

I mean, only buying weapon upgrades is fine and all, but when you max out your essecne and upgrades halfway through the game you'll lose a lot of karma, and the essence you collect goes to waste.

The UF isn't effective at all against berserkers and I need to find some way to waste money so I can start getting more.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe you could buy some APFDS Cores and spend money that way. Then just shoot them and repeat xD

Will Attempt Mission Mode and Hard Difficulty
Unlocked Everything Possible on Normal Difficulty Very Happy
Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather spend money productively Wink
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Miniaznguy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn...i havent played NGB in maybe 2/3 months, i went to VH, and i say, Alma is harder than i thought. i have 6 elixirs, 2 great, and 1(and i dont plan to use) ToR and i cant beat her. that is i only tried 2 times
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miniaznguy wrote:
damn...i havent played NGB in maybe 2/3 months, i went to VH, and i say, Alma is harder than i thought. i have 6 elixirs, 2 great, and 1(and i dont plan to use) ToR and i cant beat her. that is i only tried 2 times

weird...I haven't played NGB in 2/3 months, I was in VH, I was at Alma. I don't remember how many elixirs I had, but I also played her only twice. (I beat her on the second try but the game froze before I could save...I just had to get the warhammer first)

Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illmatic wrote:

First off, there is no reason to upgrade the Warhammer, especially if you're gonna buy the UF.

Oh yes there is, but mostly on karma runs. The Warhammer has a faster UT animation, has the most powerful throw in the game and is extremely effective as your first heavy weapon.

In general, VH and up go like this:

- Retrieve Warhammer.
- Upgrade Warhammer.
- Fight using Warhammer UTs in Chapter 8
- Retrieve Dabi
- Start Chap 9, go back to skull door and upgrade Dabi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he said he had enough money to upgrade the UF anyways. I doubt he's doing that extreme of a karma run.

UF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warhammer.

Dances w Ninjas
Hayabusa Ninja
Hayabusa Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh but it is extreme. Just not to the max.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'd be pissed if I only had 2 more Cats left for the Challenge to be over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: