ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Zach Miller Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hongwei28
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Zach Miller Jersey Reply with quote

The mother of a G League player who died in March after collapsing on the court during a game has filed a federal lawsuit accusing the NBA and the Detroit Pistons of negligence.

Zeke Upshaw played for the Grand Rapids Drive http://www.officialhurricanes.com/authentic-adidas-andrei-svechnikov-jersey , a G League affiliate of the Pistons. He collapsed during a game at Grand Rapids on March 24 and died two days later .

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. The NBA and Pistons are named as defendants, along with SSJ Group and The DeltaPlex Arena. Jewel Upshaw, the player’s mother, is the plaintiff, both individually and on behalf of Zeke Upshaw’s estate.

The lawsuit alleges medical personnel at the game failed to attempt lifesaving measures in a timely fashion.

”Remarkably, for much longer than four full minutes, no cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) was initiated, no chest compressions were started, no oxygen mask was placed on his nose and mouth, no airway was cleared and secured, and no defibrillator sensors and electric delivery patches were attached and secured to Zeke’s chest,” the suit says.

The suit also says the defendants failed to provide the G League team ”the resources, policies, and procedures reasonably necessary” to prevent or handle Upshaw’s collapse.

”The NBA family continues to mourn the tragic passing of Zeke Upshaw Customized Miami Dolphins Jerseys ,” NBA spokesman Mike Bass said. ”We received a copy of the complaint and are reviewing it.”

Upshaw started his college basketball career at Illinois State. He graduated with a degree in apparel, merchandising and design. The Chicago native then transferred to Hofstra, where he played in 2013-14. Upshaw was undrafted and played internationally in Slovenia and Luxembourg. He spent most of the last two seasons with the Drive.

Domantas Sabonis had barely settled into his seat on the bench when coach Nate McMillan looked his way.

When Myles Turner picked up two early fouls, Sabonis was pressed into duty much earlier than usual.

”By the time my heat packs came I had to go in, and I was like, `Uh oh,”’ Sabonis said with a laugh.

But the 6-foot-10 forward from Lithuania responded with a career-high 30 points, helping the Indiana Pacers beat the Charlotte Hornets 123-117 on Sunday to keep alive their slim hopes of winning the Central Division title.

Victor Oladipo had 27 points on 12-of-15 shooting and Lance Stephenson, a former Hornet, had 10 rebounds, 10 assists and eight points for the Pacers, who have won seven of their last nine games.

Sabonis said he feels comfortable in the Pacers’ system, where he is playing more center than he did earlier in the season.

”I love it here,” Sabonis said. ”It’s a great system. We have a great group of guys who believe in it and we all want to win so that’s been working for us.”

McMillan said Sabonis has been solid all season Reggie White Jersey , whether it has been in a starting role or reserve, or playing the four or five position.

”He does a good job of getting the offense moving from side to side,” McMillan said. ”He’s made good decisions out there when he’s played.”

For Indiana (48-33) to win the Central and earn home-court advantage for the first round of the NBA playoffs, it needs to beat Charlotte on Tuesday night and have Cleveland (49-31) lose its final two games against the New York Knicks. The Pacers have the tiebreaker advantage over the Cavaliers after taking three of four in the season series, including a 124-107 win in November.

The Pacers jumped out to a 70-57 halftime lead after shooting 67 percent from the field, including 6 of 9 from 3-point range.

Charlotte rallied in the third quarter, but the Pacers took over and quickly built a 20-point lead even with Oladipo on the bench with four fouls.

Indiana shot 54 percent from the field for the game.

TIP INS

Pacers: Stephenson wore gold-colored shoes. … Glenn Robinson III and Cory Joseph each had 13 points as the Pacers’ reserves outscored the Hornets’ backups, 72-60.

Hornets: Kemba Walker didn’t score until there was 5 minutes left in the second quarter and finished with 12 points. … The Hornets honored play-by-play announcer Steve Martin, who is retiring after 30 seasons with the franchise.

NO QUIET MONK

Malik Monk is finishing his rookie season with a flurry. After scoring a career-high 26 points in his previous game, Monk led the Hornets with 22 against the Pacers.

”I’ve been watching Kemba a lot when I was sitting on the bench so I’ve been learning everything he’s been doing and I’ve been trying to do that when I stepped on the court,” Monk said.

Monk has improved in the pick-and-roll game.

”Almost all of his baskets were off pick and rolls and it’s not just his scoring,” Hornets coach Steve Clifford said. ”The thing he’s doing better is making plays for other people. That to me is as much of an indicator as anything of the growth he has made in terms of learning how to play.”

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

McMillan said one of the team’s goals this season was to finish above .500 on the road. It finished 21-20 in such games.

UP NEXT

Pacers: Host Hornets on Tuesday.

Hornets: Visit Pacers on Tuesday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden II All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: