ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Pain. Tooth. Ow.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my guess was halfway correct. I did get evaluated today but the surgery won't happen until Monday.(They only operate Monday-Thursday) They're going to do a root canal and after a couple days I have to go back in and get my wisdom teeth pulled. Oi.... next week is going to be a bvtch. Laughing
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

Gamertag: Meglazero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Well, my guess was halfway correct. I did get evaluated today but the surgery won't happen until Monday.(They only operate Monday-Thursday) They're going to do a root canal and after a couple days I have to go back in and get my wisdom teeth pulled. Oi.... next week is going to be a bvtch. Laughing

Shocked root canal?! Isn't that only like... when you have a wicked bad cavity that hasn't been taken care of?
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:

Damn! Those are the two worst dental operations you can have. Damn...That's just gonna suck.

Megla Zero wrote:

Shocked root canal?! Isn't that only like... when you have a wicked bad cavity that hasn't been taken care of?

Naw, they do it for lots of things. Like if you get hit in the face with a hockey puck you may get a route canal.

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, a lot of things can cause a root canal. Mine is caused from an infection that I got from a cracked tooth. A couple months ago, I got in an accident on my 4 wheeler and cracked my top molar. I decided to be Evel Kneival-like and use a dirt mound as my ramp to jump a creek that's probably about 10 feet wide. My landing was rough and my head flew forward hitting the handle bars and I bashed my face pretty good. I was wearing my helmut so I only cracked a tooth. If it wasn't for the helmut I'd probably be missing teeth and would've had a broken jaw or cheek. Or maybe even both. Anyways, all I got was a crack tooth so I just considered myself lucky and continued on with life not even thinking about the problems a cracked tooth can cause. Over time plaque made it's way through the crack and eventually got to the pulp which caused an infection. Now I have to get a root canal. I might tell them to go ahead and pull the tooth though. With root canals you have to keep returning to the dentist every year or so and have the crown replaced. The crowns break easily too I hear. Not to mention a root canal is a dead tooth anyways so you might as well get it pulled. I haven't decided yet though. I'm seriously leaning towards getting it pulled. Faster process and faster healing.

Last edited by sabotage on Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megla Zero
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh.... right.... good job being insane sabo Razz

I hope you feel better soon though, and at least the antibiotics can let you like, not die of agony Laughing
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the anitbiotics are working pretty good now. They would've worked on the tooth today but since I have an infection they won't touch it until it's passed. They told me the infection should be gone by Saturday at the latest but since they only operate Monday-Thursday I have to wait.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Well, the anitbiotics are working pretty good now. They would've worked on the tooth today but since I have an infection they won't touch it until it's passed. They told me the infection should be gone by Saturday at the latest but since they only operate Monday-Thursday I have to wait.

You should've just grabbed them by the shirt collar and been like "PULL IT.... NOW!!!!!!!"

I think that would've worked... or just gotten you banned Razz
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I completely understand why they won't operate now. I wouldn't want any bacteria from the infection making it's way into my bloodstream and causing more problems. I can wait. Laughing
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C.E. wrote:
So continue to hang in there and me and Ookami will be God's children and pray endlessly! Cool

Werd. We need a prayer emoticon...

Anyway, glad you're doing better Sabo! WOO! The marvels of modern medicine Smile. Well, It's all downhill from here, right?

*prays*

Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Very Happy

I will admit I am a tad bit nervous about the surgery. I've never had surgery before, not to mention I'm going to have 2 in one week. Shocked Oi... I'm seriously not looking forward to the recovery process. My Dad said they'd probably give me some very good pain killers such as Tylenol 3 or something like that, it's got Codeine in it which is VERY POTENT. Supposedly REALL good stuff. Wish they would've gave me some of that now. Laughing So, while I may be nervous about all the surgery I'm about to go through, I'm also anxious to get it over with and move on with my life.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's anything major, they'll probably put you on on IV and wait till you fall unconcious. Then they'll do their thing, and you'll wake up. The only painful part would be the recovery, but you can minimize that by eating soft foods (smoothies and ice cream Mr. Green) and taking the painkillers they give you. Or using Icepacks. Hehe. when my brother got his wisdom teeth removed, he used a sweatband to hold two icepacks into his head. He looked ridiculous. Laughing

Ookami wrote:
Congratulations! You failed to make sense!
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm whats a root canal? i know it has to do something with the root of your tooth but im not sure what they do to it

hope the operation goes well dude.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, a root canal is a procedure where they remove the nerves in your tooth. First, they cut the enamel and the dentin into 4 parts. Then they drill through the pulp all the way down to the root of the tooth. Finally, they remove all the nerves. Afterwords, they place a cap over the pulp and then finish the procedure off with a crown (fake tooth) that hooks onto the cap.

Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ookami wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it's anything major, they'll probably put you on on IV and wait till you fall unconcious. Then they'll do their thing, and you'll wake up. The only painful part would be the recovery, but you can minimize that by eating soft foods (smoothies and ice cream Mr. Green) and taking the painkillers they give you. Or using Icepacks. Hehe. when my brother got his wisdom teeth removed, he used a sweatband to hold two icepacks into his head. He looked ridiculous. Laughing

Oh ya, they already told me they're going to put me to sleep before the operation. I was referring to the recovery pain in my previous post. Not looking forward to that. Laughing My Dad said they'd probably give me this Tylenol 3 or whatever, which is supposedly really good pain killers so I'm not that worried about it.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some pain killers before hand Razz

well if you werent asleep for the operation.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Fortress Community All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: