ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

So..tempted...to try...hard...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M.C.E.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: So..tempted...to try...hard... Reply with quote

I wanna try hard mode, but I was so terrible and Ninja Dog that I doubt I can pass the first mission on hard.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 1 will be hard but it is fun. You get to fight new enemies and the Ryu clone fiends. And all bosses have enemies. You can do it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Capn Sparky1976
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: Capn Sparky1976

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you able to beat the game on Normal?

For me, after beating it on Normal, I played Hard immediately. It was miserable, I thought I wasn't cut out. Then I started experimenting with the nunchakus for rooms with many enemies, and all of a sudden things fell into place and I was able to get better and better. I wound up beating hard (although I have to say it took around 38-39 hours vs. 25 hours for normal for me).

I just started Very Hard. Same thing. Thought there was no way I was going to do it, and then all of a sudden something clicks and I have only Murai to beat on Chapter 1 (I only started last night and when I finally hit my breakthrough, it was late).

So give it a shot. I never played Ninja Dog so I'm not sure how to compare it to Normal if you have not beaten Normal. But either way, just keep at and once it clicks you're good to go. Also Chapter 1 is very hard for a first chapter. I found it actually was easier on most other chapters due to more life, better weapons, and less highly concentrated pockets of black ninjas (with a couple of exceptions). Either way, once you get past chapter 1 you should cruise through a lot of non-boss action. I had a lot of difficulty on the horsemen in chapter 2 and then the boss on chapter 2 until I hit up Iberian's Realm and found the better way to do it.

FYI if you haven't checked it out yet, Iberians Realm is chock full of videos to show you how the more talented ninjas do it.

http://iberiansngrealm.com/

Good luck!
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Bringerofchaos8 PSN: BringerOfChaos88
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you suck at Ninja dog you have about a 20% chance of beating Hard mode. I will say this, in my time playing Ninja gaiden and Ninja gaidenblack the only time I had a hard time was on Very hard in black. This is what you should do. Take it slow on normal mode and learn how to deal with every enemy.

Learn when to attack and when not to. Never make yourself vulnerable to a counter attack, because on higher difficulties enemies will make you think you can hit them only for them to move and strike you back. In order to master this you must learn Ryu's combo system like the back of your hand. The reason why enemy attack's must be memorized is they will be paired with bosses. This mean's you will have to attack the boss and eliminate them as well.

On hard mode there is no real threat of super difficult enemy pairs. If you have any hope of hitting higher difficulties crowd control and prioritiseing some enemies above others is a must. Fast enemies helping slow enemies is a common pair and you should deal with the fast enemies before the slow enemies. Why? They can break a combo or leave you open for more damage by the possibly slower and more powerfull enemies.

Unlike the original, cheap trick's won't work! Attack's that you would normally spam will leave you up shlt creek without a paddle. Do not rely on blocking as it will leave you open to a sometime's deadly grab. In my time of playing Ninja gaiden I've found it helpful to approach a fight in Ninja gaiden the same way you would if you got into a fight in real life.

Just because you think you can pwn a boss does'nt mean they can't do the same to you. Concentration is a must. Keep your eye on your enemy and know their every move. Don't EVER let your guard down because you think they have a bit of health left!Many have fallen with this logic.

When you see an opening, show them no mercy! Attack with deadly force. But do not become blinded with confidence look for key sign's a attack is comeing. On most bosses this is easy as they make certain jerk's or sound's. Kind of like how Murai bend's over slightly before dashing at you. Ok, all that shlt is fine and dandy for hard mode but on master ninja...your gonna wanna take ah different approach. You'll know why. Also be ready for suprise's!

Never be ashamed is you high tail it out of there! It will sometime's save your life! This game (in some case's) is not just about how good you can fight, it's also about how good you manage money!
People alway's say "game's make you slow"

BVLLSHIT!

If you lack basic skill's as a person you gonna suck. If your clumsy your gonna have shltty reaction time. Meaning your not gonna see something coming till it's right up on you. If you can't manage shlt like money in real life it's gonna reflect when your playing. Never by something because it's shiny and cool. Human's have a natural want for shiny things Laughing Only buy things when you think you'll need them or only use them when your in desparate need.

This will train you to one day be good enough to not have to use any item's.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

Stay calm and cool no matter what! Fear, desparation, and being impatient will condem you to failure 50% of the time. Fight like you have a full bar of health because if that red flashing get's to you your gonna be seeing a gameover screen. It take's time to do anything and rushing will spell your doom.

In conclusion I would like to say Ninja gaiden in my opinion is not for the casual gamer.

You gotta be hardcore to win big!

p.s If your loseing, go out fighting!
Capn Sparky1976
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you at least accept "I got screwed by the camera"? Smile
CyberEvil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: CyberEvil PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardest part of NG is the first two chapters. And they are not very difficult at all. Your technique is the problem, not a lack of skill.
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the best way of putting it Cyber. Like I said, once it clicked I was set (aside from a few trouble spots, but even those weren't that bad). I think once you get techniques down, there's just a little practice needed for actual execution and you're set.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Sparky1976 wrote:
Would you at least accept "I got screwed by the camera"? Smile
The only time that's ever happened to me is on Master ninja in the first Alma fight. In my opinion when people say small thing's such as that fvck them up they are only makeing excuse's for their on defeat/lack of skill. I suggest you go do Normal until your damn good dude. Practice make's perrfect.
Capn Sparky1976
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax man, I put a smiley face...I was joking. I'm having a good time on Very Hard thanks. And sometimes I do find some of the auto camera switching frustrating (about to do a directional move and the perspective changes) and sometimes out loud I do blame the game instantly out of frustration, but I think that's natural. Posting on a board "this game sucks, it cheats" is pretty irrational though.

I'm not the best (or anywhere near it), but I'm holding my own, moving along the difficulties.
Bringerofchaos888
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Sparky1976 wrote:
I'm not the best (or anywhere near it), but I'm holding my own, moving along the difficulties.
I admire that.
Capn Sparky1976
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, to the original poster...perhaps you should give normal a shot if you haven't beaten it (I wasn't sure if you had or not). But the harder difficulties are worth it. I'm through the first couple of chapters on Very Hard and even though some parts were toture until I got them down, I feel like such a better player (really you have to get better to clear them, but it MAKES you better). It just keeps getting more and more fun. And even though sometimes the harder difficulties make me hate the game more and more, in the end I wind up loving it more and more. I'm having a GREAT f***ing time.
slickcat
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup I agree with you. for me it was very difficult to pull of Uts in master ninja and very hard . because I wanted to get health instead of Ut spamming, until I had enough essence. Its really rewarding when u beat those hard chapters. Slider fiends , black cats and the big black imp are my worst enemies on those difficulties.
M.C.E.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I didn't completely suck, but I thought it was fairly difficult. I think I just need to have tactics. I actually don't plan any fights and rarely block. Any good noob techniques that I can repeat until my eyes bleed?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
Mesharey
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: Mesharey Live

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

BLOCK! It will help you A LOT. Very Happy
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C.E. wrote:
Well, I didn't completely suck, but I thought it was fairly difficult. I think I just need to have tactics. I actually don't plan any fights and rarely block. Any good noob techniques that I can repeat until my eyes bleed?

No, not really...it's not that kind of game...I suggest you do normal first if anything. If you haven't gotten used to blocking or any basic planning (like prioritization or at least switching weapons based on situation) I don't think you'll be able to jump right into hard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: