ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Where did you have the most trouble your first time through?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equip the Flails:

Push X 4 times, immediately jump and push X, land. Rinse and repeat.

Be careful not to press X 5 times. If you do then Ryu will complete the combo. The ending hit on the combo has some recovery time leaving you vulnerable to becoming fish food. This string has proven to be very effective to me. It's got a great consistency to get the time bonus and leave you untouched if done properly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Equip the Flails:

Push X 4 times, immediately jump and push X, land. Rinse and repeat.

Be careful not to press X 5 times. If you do then Ryu will complete the combo. The ending hit on the combo has some recovery time leaving you vulnerable to becoming fish food. This string has proven to be very effective to me. It's got a great consistency to get the time bonus and leave you untouched if done properly.


I'll try that, because I never get the time bonus on those things.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 1946
Location: somewhere in the milky way
Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah especally in the core.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
yeah especally in the core.


Same here, only happend ONCE.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 28 Aug 2005
Posts: 1821

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that sounds like a good idea. tho im used to the technique with the flails and the fire wheels. just if u try to get eaten, slide ur fingers over the A,B,X,Y buttons and it shouldnt take a second for them to get off you, then start the combo again, or do cremator for temp. invincibility against them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pimpnridesnrimz wrote:
ok, that sounds like a good idea. tho im used to the technique with the flails and the fire wheels. just if u try to get eaten, slide ur fingers over the A,B,X,Y buttons and it shouldnt take a second for them to get off you, then start the combo again, or do cremator for temp. invincibility against them.


Yeah, I know that trick. Standard Fire Wheels and Flail in the Core against those spectral b*tches. Oh well, time for something else I think.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh deng, I just remembered. Scratch what I said eariler, the most difficult part in the game was the swimming mission.

There's this area in the mission where you swim in this simple maze like structure to get the silver medallion, I think. I mean yeah the controls were bad but the worst part was I did it WITHOUT the oxygen tank. I saved then spent like an hour trying to swim down that crevice until I realized there was a ship that I could swim too.

Man... and I was stocked full of health items before I did that too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranquil_chaos wrote:
Oh deng, I just remembered. Scratch what I said eariler, the most difficult part in the game was the swimming mission.

There's this area in the mission where you swim in this simple maze like structure to get the silver medallion, I think. I mean yeah the controls were bad but the worst part was I did it WITHOUT the oxygen tank. I saved then spent like an hour trying to swim down that crevice until I realized there was a ship that I could swim too.

Man... and I was stocked full of health items before I did that too.


That's gotta hurt (and in your essence wallet too at that point). Luckily you found the oxygen tank.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranquil_chaos wrote:
Oh deng, I just remembered. Scratch what I said eariler, the most difficult part in the game was the swimming mission.

There's this area in the mission where you swim in this simple maze like structure to get the silver medallion, I think. I mean yeah the controls were bad but the worst part was I did it WITHOUT the oxygen tank. I saved then spent like an hour trying to swim down that crevice until I realized there was a ship that I could swim too.

Man... and I was stocked full of health items before I did that too.


LMAO! I did the SAME DAMN thing on my first playthrough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 20



PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know man. I mean like yeh I know we as ninjas are supposed to be cunning and what not but that ship thing was TOTALLY vague. They shoulda atleast cut to a scene of Ryu looking around and spotting a sunkin ship when you entered the area.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I know. I remember looking at both directions and going:

"Well, this is closer to me so let's see what's over here first."

I got about 3/4's through the maze and then I started running out of oxygen and I figured I might as well get to the end. When I got out of the maze and realized the oxygen tank was in the ship I literally turned the game off in disgust. My brother said all he remembered hearing was me saying:
"Oh my god, I can't believe this s***", over and over again.

To this day whenever my brother watches me play NG and I get to that area he immediately says, "Don't forget the oxygen tank this time genious."

Yea, my brother's an ass. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Yea I know. I remember looking at both directions and going:

"Well, this is closer to me so let's see what's over here first."

I got about 3/4's through the maze and then I started running out of oxygen and I figured I might as well get to the end. When I got out of the maze and realized the oxygen tank was in the ship I literally turned the game off in disgust. My brother said all he remembered hearing was me saying:
"Oh my god, I can't believe this s***", over and over again.

To this day whenever my brother watches me play NG and I get to that area he immediately says, "Don't forget the oxygen tank this time genious."

Yea, my brother's an ass. Laughing


Then kick his sorry little ass Twisted Evil
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Psycho_Geisha
Common Ninja
Common Ninja


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 55
Location: Sweden


PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got stuck doing that puzzle after the first Doku fight. Annoying since I wanted action, not run around pulling levers. ^^
_________________
roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF,
all my base are belong to you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psycho_Geisha wrote:
I got stuck doing that puzzle after the first Doku fight. Annoying since I wanted action, not run around pulling levers. ^^


Yeah, an unwanted cooldown Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Posts: 1946
Location: somewhere in the milky way
Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf i i thought that level was the easiest ( swimming ).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group