ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

360 Save Files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: 360 Save Files Reply with quote

A question for the 360 version NG3 owners, please.

I'm playing through the story and, my goal is not only to finish it, but to have a save file for each start of the 8 days in the game...if you know what I mean.

Once you clear a day, the game asks you to save, but is that particular save saving over anything? Or is it making a new save each time? I think it's making a new one...though not sure. I think each "clear day" data has to be a new save (when it prompted me after I finished Day 1, there was no option to overwrite anything (not that I'd want to) so I assumed it was making a new save file, and that appeared to be the case when I went to "load game", since there was no missing file there).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how it works is like this...there'll always be only ONE checkpoint data (this is the thing that constantly gets updated by the falcon you encounter) while clear day data is a new save each time. You see, when I was doing this on the PS3 it wasn't confusing since it clearly gave you the option to overwrite a file, or make a new save when saving clear day data. With the 360 there's no option except to make a new save, which in my case is good of course. I was just worried it was the other way around (keeps overwriting and not making a new save).

I just want to be sure I don't save over anything because this game on UN is a pain in the butt, and I wouldn't want to repeat a whole day just because a file was saved over...seriously you have to get lucky to win.

Thanks people.
Fatal Jay
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both systems 360 and ps3

and I can honestly say that 360 is a crap system,and I will never support any gaming system from Microsoft again

and im not being biase

but I bought the upgraded version of the 360 and the crap still red ringed me,and the fact you have to pay for online with 360 is more bullshit
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got it because this game lags more on UN mode on the PS3 than on the 360 (already tested this myself), which makes sense considering the 360's better at handling many things happening at once/many enemies attacking you at the same time.

Also I'm not sure why your response is so irrelevant to the thread...
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there a screen where you can choose the slot to save your game when you finish a chapter?

On PS3 I just saved in a new slot every time I finished a Day…
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well actually, it turned out it was just confusing for the first save...after that, it became clear whether you were writing over something or making a new file. With the PS3 it was never confusing at any point.

Anyway originally I came to ask {please help! ): <}, and this may be a silly question but, how do I duplicate a save file on the 360?

To better answer that, what I'm trying to do is have two checkpoint save files. You see, right now I have exactly 8 save files. The first 7 are:

Day 1 Cleared
Day 2 Cleared
Day 3 Cleared
Day 4 Cleared
Day 5 Cleared
Day 6 Cleared
Day 7 Cleared

And the 8th file is the checkpoint file that gets constantly updated by the falcon in the game (note there's no "Day 8 Cleared" because that would start you off when the story has finished...which is pointless since the game is finished...).

The reason I want two checkpoint files is, I don't want my CURRENT checkpoint file to ever get written over, because I like to be able to start from that point in the game (this would be the last falcon before you kill the final boss). I want another checkpoint file that gets constantly updated so I'm guessing to way to do it is, duplicate it from the "Systems" menu on the 360 dashboard via copy and paste, but I never tried this out (nor do I know that's a viable way) so that's why I'm trying to get help from ya.

Thanks.
ellisers
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good and informative exchange .. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: