ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Kasumi's Story in NGS2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJOLNIR
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Kasumi's Story in NGS2 Reply with quote

So...anyone know why Kasumi is randomly appearing at spots in NG2 and why she's NAKED following Ryu Hayabusa at the end? Wtf?

To be honest that is the "weirdest" Kasumi I've seen yet. Sometimes I think it may even be one of those Kasumi clones, but I doubt it since I think those started after DOA1, which is after NG series.

Sorry also if someone mentioned it here before, but for some reason I doubt it.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is not naked, lol. It's just that her outfit in Sigma 2 is not the exact same version of her classic blue costume from the DOA series. Her Sigma 2 version of the blue stanard outfit has bare shoulders and some other minor changes.

Kasumis appearance was more or less an easter egg and IMO it was a tiny teaser for the upcoming Dead or Alive 5. During the time TN worked on Sigma 2 they always said that "Dead or Alive is not dead" or "we never abandoned the series" etc. The later released "Dead or Alive Dimensions" and DOA5 (winter 2012) pretty much confirmed these statements.

Kinda the same way Team Ninja teased Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 in Kasumis CG ending in Dead or Alive 4.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry lol for thinking she was naked. I noticed the circular Japanese symbol on her back. I was thinking that was the only thing on her body and the rest was naked like the Kasumi clones. I thought that may've also explained Ryu's expression when he turned around (on the Sigma 2 box art too) lol but yeah like you said, just bare shoulders.

What's her story in it though? There must be a reason she's following Ayane (since she was there watching her fight) and Ryu in the katana graveyard. Is she just lol bored and want to see some ninja action? Learn new moves and how to fight maybe? Or maybe make some new friends Very Happy. Either way TN need to speak up about this, and might even want to let some people know she wasn't naked in the last scene for those who still may think that. Razz
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess she was just lol bored. xD
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, someone on DOAWORLD (which I'm also MJOLNIR there at. I made this same exact thread title in the Ninja Gaiden forum, but it got locked by a "ninja" mod who might even be you lol but I'm not sure. You two have strikingly similar avatars/sigs. Razz) told me it's probably her trying to get assistance from Ayane/Ryu to attack Raidou for attacking Hayate, but...I don't know that just seems weird, unless NG3 doesn't also happen before DOA1. I'm guessing NG3 is like, after DOA4 and before DOA5, whereas NG1 and 2 happen before DOA1. Still seems weird that those two games would be before DOA1 though, since Ryu looks darker, buffer, more skilled and shows a hell lot more potential in NG1 + 2 than any of those DOA's, lol.

It would also be weird since Ayane was also there fighting Raidou with Hayate and couldn't she have just lol slashed Raidou up and used the Raging Mountain God ninpo on him? He would've been catfood by then. Very Happy
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is not locked (?)
And no my DOAWORLDs nick is the same as here. I'm not "Scorpian" :p
Rikuto cleared up some of the speculations.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later released "Dead or Alive Dimensions" and DOA5 (winter 2012) pretty much confirmed these statements.
windows10
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: how to get help in windows 10 Reply with quote

This article is meaningfull, interesting. thank you for sharing how to get help in windows 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: