ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Sigma 2 Female Character rankings and secret techniques

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xino
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: Blackxino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Sigma 2 Female Character rankings and secret techniques Reply with quote

People are still playing Team Missions till date so I believe this wouldn't go to a waste.
I want to see more players use the female characters online, I want to see them challenge themselves rather than stick to "OH I can beat ultimate ninja 2 with Ryu+Tonfa/Twin blades" the same usual cliche.

I don't know why people do not use the female more, but I believe it's because they lack the skills to use them, they all believe the females are inferior to Ryu. Each has abilities weaker and better than Ryu.

I've been using the girls lately and I've noticed a lot of different and game play differences from them, and it's incredibly fun to use while challenging yourself.

--Key Legend--
D- Directional
J- Jump
S- Square
T- Triangle
O- Circle
L2- Left Trigger 2
R2- Right Trigger
L1- Left Trigger 1
R1- Right Trigger 1
+- Positive/pro
-- Negative/con
*- Secret Techniques

AYANE

RATING: 3 Stars

FEATURES:
+Easier to de-limb enemies
¦¦D+S+S+S
¦¦S+S+D+S+S
+Cunning in Speed and evading
¦¦Hold down D+keep pressing L1
+Follow up Ultimate Technique to closest enemies
¦¦Any enemies within range she would attack with UT
+Incendiary Darts/Explosive Shuriken

-really weak attacks
-Ultimate Technique is pretty weak against several enemies

*Can throw up to 3 explosive darts while in mid air
¦¦Wall jump and press O three times
¦¦During Izuna Drop combo, press O three times.

*Kunai Swallow
¦¦While jumping towards an enemy, press the O to throw projectile and immediately press Triangle. (this allows Ayane to throw a kunai and instantly flying swallow to the nearest enemy, very very effective!)

TYPE: Fast & Weak

MOMIJI

RATING: 4.5 Stars

FEATURES:
+Easier to delimb
¦¦Press T
¦¦T+T+T
¦¦S+T+S
¦¦D+T
+Double Jumping, effective for avoiding projectiles and aerial attacks
+Ultimate Technique in mid-air
+Medium speed when dodging (faster than Ryu)
+Arrows as projectile
+Can shoot 2 arrows in mid air
¦¦Double Jump and press O twice
¦¦wall jump and press O twice
¦¦During Izuna Drop combo, press O twice
+Ultimate Technique lvl 1 instantly delimbs any enemy
¦¦perform a UT single essence

-Indirect attacks, attacks do not land on enemies and bosses successfully

*Efficient Guillotine Throw
¦¦rapidly press S+J
*Jump Cancel
¦¦During Izuna Drop combo, press Jump to cancel out
¦¦During air attacks, press Jump to cancel out

TYPE: Medium & Balanced
Recommended and the Best to use!

RACHEL

RATING: 4 Stars

FEATURES:
+Powerful attacks and instant delimbing
¦¦S+S+T
¦¦S+T+S
+Powerful Ultimate Technique
+Reliable Projectile attack- Machine Gun
+Can Air Throw/slam Genshin (really hard to pull off!)
¦¦S+T+T
+Runs slightly faster than Momiji
+Guarding evasion
¦¦Next to an enemy, move the Directional towards the enemy+Left Trigger (D+L2)

-Cannot run up wall vertical like others
-Cannot Guillotine Throw
-Machine Gun is ineffective against Living Statues: Statue of Liberty and Buddha Statue

*+Evasive movement (twirl)
¦¦Hold down L2+D+constantly press R2 (timing must be right)
¦¦Hold down L1+constantly press D+constantly press L2 (let go L1 after D+L2)
¦¦Tilt Directional stick in the same direction as the Camera stick and constantly press L2.

TYPE: Slow & Powerful

I hope more people will choose to spend more time with the female characters and figure out how reliable they can be and how great they play. Rather than using them for Ninja Art (glitch/loop/cheating), for movelist or for spamming UT.

Momiji is actually the best character to use in the game as people think Rachel because of her turmoil raw power.
I find her guillotine to be 10x better than Ryu because you can continue doing it without break or stopping. Double jump gives you more advantage while you are in the air. And the Naginata is very powerful, one strike with Strong attack will give you a 75% possibility of delimb.

Last edited by xino on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sath
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: PSN: ISathI
NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Ayane is the best one because she is the fastest and has more mobility.
Ayane is the only female that is closer to Ryu's fighting style, which is fast and stylish
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even knowing that Momiji and Rachel are better than Ayane, I still like Ayane more. Not because she is my all time favourite videogame character, but also because her fightingstyle looks pretty sick and unique (just like in DOA, not to mention her whole appearance). Her short ranged blades couln't fit better. Her ninpo is a bit weak. :\

I have more than 8000 Kills with her in Mission Mode Very Happy and only 1000 with Momiji and Rachel.

Ayane ftw!
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

Gamertag: Gouki420

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love playing as Rachel, the brutal sound her War Hammer makes when it hits is just awesome, I wish there was blood instead of the damn puple mist crap,
Ayane is the pure ninja amazingness, love doing her Izuna Drop esp on Genshin and her Ninpo is the Best

Nomak Samanda Basaradan Senda
Makoroshoda Sowataya Untarata Kan Man
On Shuchiri Kyara Roha En Ken Sowaka
Om Basara Yakusha Un!
jackass00123
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachel and ayane are above momiji for me. momiji's strong attacks come out too slowly and she doesn't get all that attack range advantage even though she's using long range weapon.

rachel definitely needs a flying swallow. she has almost no speed and she can't even grab any enemy, at least give her flying swallow to compensate her speed disadvantage. try using her seriously on boss fight is just stupid.

ayane is fine on her own until you have to do boss fights, but her speed advantage is a fair trade off for her lack of attack power.
xino
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now confirm that Momiji's evade attack is responsive, efficient and better than Ryu's Dash.
One of the good things about her evade is when you block and evade at the right time, Momiji would block and somersault.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xino wrote:
Momiji would block and somersault.

But the range of this "special move" is way shorter than her normal or Ryus dashes. Especially against certain Tengu attacks, this move is just a punishment for dashing perfectly (!). Tengu's staff attack has a longer range than this short dash of Momiji.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure I get the reply.
But the Tengu's attack you are not meant to evade most of his Kanabo attack in a straight line, you are meant to dash opposite to the strike.
The "special dash" is very effective because you block the attack and can immediately evade, allowing you to get further away.

A lot of people may disagree about this but Momiji is the best character out of the 2.
One thing I've noticed is the habit and pattern of many gamers who play harder difficulty missions.
When a new player plays Missions online, because Acolyte and Warrior were easy, they believe they can beat the rest of the missions and their aim is just to show off. No one blocks or "think" before fighting and thus causes them to die.

I've been observing how the Dismemberment works and they are not random, they can be controlled. Just like how people believe Steel on Bone is random; as oppose I believe it can be controlled.
I don't have NG2 at my possession right now so I can't justify if Dismembering can be controlled.
When I say you can control dismemberment I mean control if you want to chop off the Arms or Legs and also when to chop them off.

Dismemberment in NG2 was cool and as well a gimmick, though because of the feature it makes the game very easy. I'm sure if Team NINJA had more time they would have put more emphasis to the dismemberment system. Why is it easy? because once a body part comes off you can easily finish off the opponent. Thus is the reason why the difficulty was boosted up and turned cheap with the annoying off screen projectile spamming.

Now dismemberment/Obliteration Technique and difficulty merged together both play a good part in NG2 and NGS2. If you want to survive, you need to OT enemies. This is the biggest mistake 70% NG players always make online, they would rather show off or use powerful attack to get rid of enemies. Rather than actually playing according to how the game wants you to play and survive which is OTing enemies.

Momiji is the best for dismembering enemies because her lvl 1 UT will always dismember any enemies body part. One of her attacks: Forward+Triangle is not really powerful and also feels useless. But trust me, always rely on that technique if you want to dismember any enemies body part.

I remember the time I wanted to get to know and use Momiji, I didn't like her because she felt slow. Her attacks starts off slow and sometimes many of her moves do not connect especially her Izuna Drop. But spending lots of time with her proved to me she is the best and most balanced character. Her Jump Cancel is very effective during battle. Her maneuvers and evasions are so great. not to talk about 3 types of ways you can pull off UT.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that there are many ways to make sure that your enemy will be dismembered, part of the depth of NG2/S2 is to find which combos have the highest delimb rate.

I'm currently redoing a Master Ninja run in story mode and, damn, I had forgotten that Momiji's chapter was just as hellish as Ayane's in some parts! She is much less powerful in story mode than in Chapter Challenge for some reason… a full UT doesn't even kill the mages…

However, when you learn how to dismember more or less at will it becomes much easier. I still died a good twenty times though… Laughing I agree that Momiji is the most interesting of the girls to play, there is a wide variety of ways to play with her. And I love the Tengu bosses (while I hate Ōbaba).
jackass00123
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use roll over for rachel to do infinite combo. SS roll over, SS roll over, SS roll over. works on any enemy that can be wind path'ed.

momiji is all about SS>S. she also has a long ass izuna drop using SS>STSST, and after izuna drop when enemy is dead, she can still OT or do another attack to remove limb and OT. her OT range is possibly the longest in the game.
cate.brill
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx guys. Very useful information, i'll share it with my friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: