ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroRenzo
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried NG3 (which I got for free, thankfully) and the gameplay was just so horrendous I could play it for about 20 minutes until I gave up and just turned it off. Nothing was appealing to me about it. I'll try to find NG3RE for really cheap if it really is much improved.
Malth
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

Gamertag: rightythelefty
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys this is my first post here. I am an avid NG fan, and have just recently (the last few months) gone back and completed NGB and NG2 on MN, including MM (all golds for NG2). Soo, I have started NG3RE again, but playing on MN now, trying to complete MN and UN, and all the trials, etc.

I went straight from Eternal Legends MN on NGB MM to NG3 RE, and the jump was pretty jarring. It's taking me some time to adjust. NG3 is definitely much faster-paced, and the gameplay is considerably different from NGB, and even NG2.

But it's growing on me! the Tests of Valor are definitely challenging, and the move sets for the weapons are pretty interesting. Lots of new combos and moves for weapons we've used before. They really do feel like new weapons, and some have been buffed considerably (Kusari-Gama) while others nerfed (Scythe UT).

Overall, it hasn't left as much of an impression on me a the first two games, but there is definitely some depth there. I feel like the non- responsive controls are maybe an anti- button mash measure added by the programmers? Like for me, when I dash or do a combo, I usually mash the L1/LB button over and over, to make sure one of the hits registers, also with combos like XXXYY. I'll push X a bunch of times until the Y animations start, and then push Y a bunch of times.

Maybe the programmers are trying to get people to play more precisely, like only the exact time windows read the button presses?

Anyways, in my opinion, this game is definitely fun, and worth playing for any NG fan. Not as good as the first two, but it can almost stand on it's own in terms of new gameplay/ changes. It takes risks, and I'm cool with that. Cheers Very Happy
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying it. I need to get back into it. I've only beaten it on hard. It doesn't hold my intesest as long as NG1/NGB/NGS did. I'm hoping they announce a new Ninja Gaiden at TGS next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aoshi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jus beat the game on normal. It was tad hard. Especially, the final boss fight was a cluster-F. I really didn't think that final QTE(vernacularly speaking) of the platform being cut-down was necessary at all. But i figured out after a while. But this is my first ninja gaiden game. My fave boss battle is Day 6 boss.He showed some class is in mixing weapons and style in combat.The easiest boss was Day 5 village boss.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats dude! You did great! Keep it up always! Very Happy Wink
Aoshi
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Aldren wrote:
Congrats dude! You did great! Keep it up always! Very Happy Wink

Thanks man. Much appreciated. I always play day 6 on chapter challenge jus to izuno drop the last boss any time i get the chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: