ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

My impressions of Ninja Gaiden 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vspectra
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Female Tengu wrote:
What's with this "Itagaki come back"?

With him a NG3 wouldn't even exist....

Yes, it would. And most likely a much better one too.
Female Tengu
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: GalaxySpider PSN: GalaxySpider

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itagaki said he had no interest for making a NG3. So no. He was about to stop the franchise for his new game. And I'm sure this was another reason why he "left" Team Ninja.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: mohsin117 PSN: mohsin117

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't need Itagaki to make a good NG, would NG3 have been better with him, yes but not because the best things to come form TN have been from him, but because NG3 just really sucked ass and you just couldn't get anything worse

which ever way you look at it NG was better when he was at TN, the things he established with NG where the things that where taken out of NG3 and look what happened, i mean even NGS2 is still NG2 Hayashi him self said 10% of NGS2 is new content that means 90% was still NG2... wait that's not entirely correct, to fit that 10% of new content in Hayashi ended up ripping out like 30% existing content....

Itagaki did say NG2 was his last NG but he said that cos he was leaving, and he's right it was his last NG, and to be frank NG2 was the last NG if you think about yeah there was NGS2 and NGS+ but like i say above there still pretty much games that have already been made and come out, and NG3 is a disgrace i mean they need to disown that crap, its not Ninja Gaiden game

i still stand by what i said you don't need Itagaki to make a good NG, so im not going to blame the NG3's failure on the lack of Itagaki im going to blame it on involvement of Hayashi,

DOA5 looking brilliant that's with out Itagaki and it's also to a point with out Hayahsi

and just to be fair when i say Itagaki and Hayashi i mean them there involvements as will as there teams, cos Itagaki isn't entirely to praise and Hayashi isn't entirely to balme
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that you can't blame Hayashi or his team. They tried to make this game as mainstream as possible. After the sales of Sigma 2 (should have been on Xbox 360 as well for better sales) it's no suprise that Tecmo said "Make NG more accesable!".

NG3 has some good elements. My main problem still is the combat (enemy A.I.) and OT via "on both strike buttons"...
NG3 sold well, according to TK. Maybe we can expect Sigma version or some kind of a remake.

DOA5 on the other Hand looks brilliant. And I'm glad they actually listen to feedback for it Smile Hayahsi and his team have done a good job so far with this game.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

Gamertag: I love blood :-]
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with vspectra and CoolBlackKnight. Itagaki left Tecmo because of his real problems with Tecmo. No only him, but many other developpers of TN left Tecmo. Even some Tecmo employees left the compagny. So issues with Tecmo were real and not new. Itagaki indeed said that he accomplished all he wanted with NG2, but imo it was a way for him without to much regret. Because I'm sure he was not happy to scrap such a licence.

I don't say everything was perfect with Itagaki, but at least, the gameplay was pure thrill. Now NG3 is boring (dull gameplay). The characters were cool, but the story takes too much place ant it is an amount of cliches and nonsense. So the story does not regain what has been the with the decrease of the gameplay.
I am not against changes, but the game was a fail. And it costs me to said that about the most fave game ever.

Without Itagaki and his dudes, there would not have been Dead or Alive nor the revamp of Ninja Gaiden which are Tecmo's main games. If Tecmo did not merged with Koei, I think it would have been bankrupted for this compagny.
Let's hope the best for DOA5, nothing sure even if the previews look ok. Because the NG3 trailers and preview screenshots did look good and appealing, but the result were a real disappointment. So I hope it won't be the same for DOA5.
Anyway, if DOA5 is good, it will be a slight consolation since I like this game, but not as much as I loved Ninja Gaiden.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beat em up speaks for itself when the gameplay feels balanced and fresh.
You can't ruin what has been ruined before (DOA4). DOA5 Alpha already is more fun and balanced than DOA4...

So, DOA5 will be fine.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait and See.

Anyway, DOA is not the topic here ^^
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Itagaki and his team's involvement or lack thereof with NG3 has absolutely nothing to do with why the game is a fail. We plainly see how much effort they are putting into DOA5, so obviously TM has not really lost their ability to make great games merely because Itagaki and his team are no longer there. Honestly, even just the Alpha of DOA5 already looks better than most of NG3 lol.

For reasons that escape my understanding, they just seem to of gotten extremely lazy when they were making NG3. A lot of it didn't even seem to be tested. The issue is that they obviously rushed the crap out of this game. They had some amazing ideas for the game, but they didn't seem to put their full effort into executing them to the best of their ability. Quite honestly, I loved the ideas they had (steal on bone, GoW style boss battles, etc.) but alot of it became repetitive due to the fact that they didn't really seem to truly complete any of their ideas. Even the enemy types were limited. 8 stages? Really? The AI is terrible, especially on harder difficulties. Honestly, I feel this all just attributes to the fact that they did not put their all into making this game from start to finish.

Considering this, I am firmly convinced that they will be releasing a "Sigma" version of NG3.
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they cut their losses (shipped 630k but sold around 200k of that) and are focusing on DoA5 and Razor's Edge which in all likely hood is the Sigma equivalent. I can't see it doing that well with how bad of a showing NG3 had. They have to really convince people that it's significantly improved.
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nok_su_kow wrote:
I think they cut their losses (shipped 630k but sold around 200k of that) and are focusing on DoA5 and Razor's Edge which in all likely hood is the Sigma equivalent. I can't see it doing that well with how bad of a showing NG3 had. They have to really convince people that it's significantly improved.

I agree. I can see this "Razor's Edge" being the codename of the "Sigma" version of this game. But as you said, even if they do release such a version, they will have to put in alot of work to make up for the lack of effort they put into NG3. The most I can see Razor's Edge having (assuming it actually is the Sigma equivalent, and not a different game entirely) would probably more weapons and projectiles, perhaps a couple new Ninpo, maybe a few extra stages to boss fights. They would need a preposterous amount of improved and new content to compensate for what NG3 lacked. What is a shame is that the game isn't all that bad at all on normal difficulty. It's actually quite fun. The issue is that when you start to play Hard, MN and UN difficulties, you start to see what little effort they put into making the game, from a mechanical standpoint. Ryu moves like a tank in this game, which is just unacceptable. Not to mention the limited amount of moves he has for each weapon. I'm fine with only having 3 weapons, but none of them seem to be fully fleshed out.
Hanoko
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I wanted to say with "Itagaki come back" is not that I thought only him could keep the serie brillant. Indeed at first, I thought even without him they could do something decent, I agree that they had good ideas at the beginning. However since they totally screwed everything making Ninja gaiden 3 fail, it was a cry of despair of mine, looking for the past greatness of Ninja Gaiden.

And I'm fvck tired of the Sigma versions. Why don't they release the game one year later with every features for every consoles instead of making multiple versions of the same game? Are they tring to beat the Sims with their amount of remakes and add-ons??!
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good impressions

I've seen some vets playing the game lately, that dash slide is great and seen him use it to launch enemies up, use it right and its a good offense move IMO, i will for sure use it alot once I master the controls first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: