ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

KF_MWH reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiend_called_Bob
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: KF_MWH reviews Reply with quote

In an effort to keep this community from falling apart ( can you mod me now?).
I will try and review games , some of them untouched by the light of the sun.
And of course give them ratings 1-10 based on graphics,sound,and gameplay and replayability.

i will try and make this atleast weekly or atleast every couple-o-days.

Starting from now.

TODAYS GAME :
SPARTAN :TOTAL WARRIOR!

Spartan : total warrior , is a 3rd person action game ,developed by creative assembly.The guys that brought us the strategy hit , Rome:total war.
Before going further , i'd like to state that watching 300 before playing this game actually helps , with the whole spartan hype and all.
To the review.
The story revolves around a spartan warrior with no name.And because of that people call him "the spartan".
Apparently , the Roman empire's lust for conquer has reached Sparta's gates , and it's up to you to stick a spartan shield up a legionaire's butt.
Let's start from the obvious, the crew behind the engine of this game are geniuses.You can literaly have ,1-2 hundreds of well detailed models on screen, duking it out simutaneously.There is a drop on framerate , but that happens rarely.The enviroments are bright and colorful and the particle effects are mediocre.Like i said , the models are decently detailed
and the screen is often decorated with good homemade blood splats. However the animations just look stiff.

You have your regular battlefield ambient , accompanied with brutal sword strikes , klangs , smashes , arrows , battle roars and of course the screams of your now fallen opponents.
The voice acting is pretty decent , but nothing special or extragavant.
The gameplay is pretty smooth , although sometimes frustrating , you often get the feel that you play a strategy game , in which you fight the war , not your mindless units.
The scenarios are nicely put together , and the levels are often long.
You will fight all kinds of roman soldiers , barbarians , skeletons, demons , zombies , hydra too.Oh and did i mention the controls?
You can block with your shield , hack and slash with your equiped weapon
you can bash your oponent with your shield , or you can perform a radial bash. you have a charge move in which you rush forward with your sword and knock people away from you , good for crowd control.Also you have a "special move" which can be performed depending on your weapon , substracting points from your "energy" gauge (Not health bar).
All in all , the music is nicely fitted , but just like the voice acting , not something extravagant or something that will keep you humming for a while.

Replayability? There is an arena option after you finish the game , in which you are in an arena and you are pitted against various enemies of your choice , and unlockables such as concept art and character designs.
Buy this game?
If you want it for your collection , otherwise , rent it.
An average gamer will complete it in less than 5-6 days.

graphics--> 8.5 --> interresting graphics , pretty decent and bright colors too

sound-->8--> the sound effects used for battle are amazingly awesome , but music and voice acting could be done better.

gameplay-->8.5-->The number of models allowed to be on screen at the same time is jawdropping, a work of true veteran programmers, however the repetitive linear levels remove some of the fun.

replayability-->4--> this game seriously lacks replayability.There is an arena mode , and unlockable concept art etc , but that's just it , personaly
i played the arena only once before i put the game on the shelf.

OVERALL-->8 out of 10
Decent game.

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.

Last edited by Fiend_called_Bob on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this on PS2?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fiend_called_Bob
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC , ps2 and xbox.

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.
Fiend_called_Bob
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a moment there , i thought everything was over.

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.
3ternal_Rapture
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Gamertag: VCaptainCoffeeV
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review. I've been interested in this one for a while but have never got around to buying it.
hayabusa_reiatsuma
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get the game, games like these that has 100/200 NPCs are great for the mind...

<...Made by SS-Asterisk...>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... maybe I'll rent it.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís really great post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: