ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge General Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hicho9
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Shuhan!

To a point you made, I can honestly say that the weapon movesets and combos here in Razor's Edge are easily now my favorite of the whole NG series.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sum it up in a more… concise way than in the game (for level 2 weapons):

JRM:
-SSSSS
-SSSST…
-SSSSTT
-SSST
-SS>SSS
-SS>ST
-SS>TT
-SS>T
-SST
-ST…/>T…
-STT/>TT
->SSSS
->ST…
-TTT
-TT
-(run)SSSSSST
-(counter)SSS
-(air-to-ground)… SSSSS
-(air-to-ground)… SSSST…
-(air-to-ground)… SSSSTT
-(air)… SSSS
-(air)… SSST/SSS>T
-(air)… STT

Claws
-SSSSS
-SSSSTT
-SSSST
-SSSTT
-SSST
-SS>SSSS/(run, counter)SSSS
-SS>ST…/(run, counter)ST
-SST
-ST…
->SSSS
->SSTTT
-TTT
-TT
->TTT
->TT
-(run)TT…
-(air-to-ground)… SSSSS
-(air-to-ground)… SSSS(ground)T
-(air-to-ground)… SSSS(launch)TTT
-(air)… SSSS
-(air)… SSST/… SSS>T
-(air)… STT
-(air)… ST

Twin swords
-SSSSS
-SSSST
-SSSTTT
-SSST
-SS>SSSS
-SS>ST(ground)TT
-SS>ST(launch)T
-SS>ST
-SSTT
-SST
-SS>TTT(ground)TT
-SS>TTT(launch)T
-SS>T
-ST…/>T…
-ST/>T
->SSS
->ST…
->ST
-TTTT
-TTT
-TT
-TT>T…
-(run)SS
-(run)TT
-(air)… SSS>TT/… SSS.TT
-(air)… SSST
-(air)… ST
-(air)… STT

Run-SSSSSST with the sword was the ultimate anti-Alchemist move in Vanilla, but I didn't try it yet in RE…

Last edited by Shrykull on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reiterate my point about the multiplayer and the slide-

The recovery time from when you complete the slide to when you are able to block, is the balancing in multiplayer. That should not even have been considered for single player. Again, I believe the slide was invented solely for multiplayer balancing. If everyone could play like Ryu at his strongest, it would be busted.

Ryu controlled his best in NG2, his dash had zero lag in response time. You could dash, block, counter all in one fell swoop. This made the combat much more fierce and intimate. It's the way he controlled combined with the enemy Ai (which was much more aggressive than Sigma 2). This is why I do not consider NG1 Ryu, although a fine game in it's own right, he was perfected in NG2.

With the slide you are much more vulnerable, so you tend to play keep away to bait grabs with the SoB. Even if you use it to stagger an enemy, you are still open to attack from nearby mobs. There's really no upside to the slide and it encourages SoB, which the combat revolves around. It's a different gameplay style, but it's not NG.
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hicho9"]Great post Shuhan!

To a point you made, I can honestly say that the weapon movesets and combos here in Razor's Edge are easily now my favorite of the whole NG series.[/quote]

Could be true. Now only if the gameplay, and game design could compliment that. Enemy wave pacing in Razor's Edge is still boring.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shuhan wrote:
Master Ninja was not quite as difficult as I anticipated. Or rather, it wasn't as tedious as I anticipated. I'm glad that enemies don't take your energy down in only one or two strikes. Seems like the most amount of damage they do comes from grabs.

Don't forget about Ultimate Ninja mode. We'll have to wait and see how that mode is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Skrykull, wow that's most certainly more comprehensive that way. I also have yet to try the Run-SSSSSST combo yet, which is odd since it was one of my favorite combos in the original version.

Keylay wrote:
Don't forget about Ultimate Ninja mode. We'll have to wait and see how that mode is.

Very true, I completely forgot about Ultimate Ninja Mode. I guess they made MN difficulty somewhat easy so they could kick our asses with UN difficulty lol.

Hicho9 wrote:
Great post Shuhan!

To a point you made, I can honestly say that the weapon movesets and combos here in Razor's Edge are easily now my favorite of the whole NG series.

Thanks

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I've come to favor these move-sets over the ones in previous installments.
Nok_su_kow
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see where I'm coming from now, Shuhan? The slide effectively negates free form combat with its poor recovery.

And on the flipside, had there been quick recovery as seen in the dash for multiplayer, the balance would be thrown out where dodging wouldn't have a consequence. You'd have folks reverse/furious winding all the time with no window to attack.
Shuhan
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

Gamertag: ShuhanX PSN: ShuhanX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nok_su_kow wrote:
Can you see where I'm coming from now, Shuhan? The slide effectively negates free form combat with its poor recovery.

And on the flipside, had there been quick recovery as seen in the dash for multiplayer, the balance would be thrown out where dodging wouldn't have a consequence. You'd have folks reverse winding all the time.

Not based on my experiences on Master Ninja. I've experienced no consequences from using the slide for evasive maneuvers whatsoever. I tend to take advantage of the slide's offensive capacities and use it to interrupt enemy combo attempts. Also, if used correctly, the slide can engage the pop-up when timed perfectly against an enemy that is in the middle of their grab attempt frames. Each evasive technique from all 3 installments (roll for NG1/NGS1, dash for NG2/NGS2, and slide for NG3/NG3RE) have specific mechanics, and I simply learn to adapt to said mechanics. Of the 3 installments, I've come to favor the slide, as it functions as more than a simple evasive technique. However, that's not to say that I don't understand why one would prefer the dash. It's all about preference imo. As far as poor recovery, I have yet to encounter these issues.
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

Gamertag: XBL: kgripper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more than just the slide silly rabbits,
Ryu's lock on seems to be slightly off as well,
meaning sometimes he'll swing at whoever he wants
it's not as bad as NG3 but I've been playing NGII and NGRE back and forth
and NGII Ryu goes for who you tell him to the first time every time.
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as Shuhan, I never had any problems of recovery with the slide. Confused And I don't really play "keep away" any more than in NG2 either; like in NG2, I do that mostly when there are rocket guys or other projectile spamming enemies around. Otherwise, I'm the kind who uses counter-attacks a lot, so I favor close combat, slide or not. And the tackle can be useful to let you breathe, so I've really got no problems with it.

Quote:

Ryu's lock on seems to be slightly off as well,
meaning sometimes he'll swing at whoever he wants

... However, I agree with that. It's not too bad against basic enemies, but against the sword alchemists it can get quite annoying. Especially when one of them has just a tiny bit of health left.

PS: Speaking about slide and dash, it seems they replaced the slide by a side-step (or forward or back step) when you're in aiming mode. It also seems it no longer switches targets automatically when you do it. I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing, I will have to see the full game for that...
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe another person loves the parry counter as much as I do cool!
I hope they will still let us parry genshins flying swallow and UT, I like to parry Liz and her charge too.

Ryu's lock on is a quick fix but I doubt they will fix it because it seems that they are intentionally
trying to cripple him to make some kind of artificial difficulty. If they would just give him back his devastating
ground attacks when an opponent is down (yeah team ninja I noticed that) it would stop his wiff's.

P.S. Kasumi is the greatest Ninja Gaiden character to ever live........End
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finshed the 2 chapters in MN… ah, the Shadow fiends, I missed them. ^__^ … Or not. ^__^ Well, at least you can dismember and SoB them, so they are not a chore to fight like in Vanilla's mission mode. The Ghosts still deal an absurd amount of damage, but it seems they have less health than in Vanilla… or maybe it's just me…

It's tough to fight the white Alchemists with a level 1 weapon, but I finally found their weak point: when they recharge their shield, you can easily launch them. In the air, the SSS.T combo with the twin swords is pretty efficent; just after, you can shoot an arrow and use the double-dragon-something, after which you can charge immediately. I'm getting the knack of it.

A good way to manage them is also to corner them in, well, a corner. They are easier to fight when they are grouped. The TT and SS>ST combos also work pretty well.

Oh, and I hadn't noticed before, but killing an enemy with steel-on-bones makes you regain a tiny bit of health… not that it helps much in MN. >__<
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kasumi has new OT when you use Sakura Madoi to dodge an attack.

Plus her X -->XYY delimbs like a Boss Twisted Evil

Last edited by gripper on Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrykull
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally unlocked Kasumi… getting S ranks in MN was surprisingly easy, I suceeded on my first try. ò.Ô Well, first try… I actually died a bazillion times, but it doesn't affect your score apparently. The game just records the successful try.

I haven't played much with Kasumi yet, but I already love the Sakura-madoi. Incredibly useful against the alchemists. With her sword at level 1 she seems to have a limited moveset and is quite difficult to use at first, but her attacks are devastating.

The Windmill shuriken… is not, actually. It's 6 kunais stuck together, but it works the same. You have to hold O or press it as you land, but you only need to hold the button for a split-second, so it's easy to use. She is incredibly responsive in general. Her ninpo is definitely not a reskined Piercing Void, it's more polyvalent. Didn't try her grab move yet. And indeed, the S>ST combo dismembers wonderfully.

… Oh, and the breast-giggling feature is still there. It would have been a shame to forget that. \o/
gripper
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a brutal demo glich for Ryu with Jin-ranmaru, when I was trapped
in a corner I got a SOB so I started mashing light slash and got up to six SOB
it cleared the entire room only works if enemy is close enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: